Hello Guest! Log in or Sign up for a full experience & ad-free!

Honda Civic EG6 B16A Auto to Manual Conversion

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

hanjin

Known Member
Hi all,

I just did a tranny swap on my car from auto to manual.

So far here's what i found out!

Things That you need:
1: Transmission
2: Drive Shafts (The Auto center drive shaft does is different from the Manual one buy a few MM
3: Gear lever
4: Pedals
5: Gear Box Mountings
6: clutch pump with all the hoses.

Well... the only problem i have is that the check engine light is on after the conversion. I know there is small modification required on the wiring to get rid of the light. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Here is What i did...

I check around and it seem s you will have to change the ECU to a manual ECU. This will cost quite a bit...

From what i have found so far, For JDM Computer boxes, you;ll have to remove or replace a resistor i am not sure what to do here. What i have done so far is connect a cable in place of the 472 risistor on the RP18 jumper. I am not sure if this is correct or not.

Meanwhile, i have did a dignostic and it spits out error code 6 = Engine Coolant temperature sensor.

Well, the problem now is that the CEL is on and and VTEC is not opening.

yeah.
need to change the ECU. my fren convert his A to M. need to change ecu.
after change ecu hehe good. b4 change ecu, vtec canot buka and can rev til 6500rpm only.

A Post Every 5 Mins

You guys ever tried to clean ur interior by urself? I'm driving a satria GTi, with stock interior. The seats are getting dirty and the left door panel has gotten a bit loose, as well as a few panels around the car. Thinking of DIY and clean it myself, have to sayang the car once in a while mah :D

Can I know:
1) how to clean the recaro seats
2) how to remove the door panel
3) my car got heater (evo aircon system, got heater one), so once I am done with the seat cleaning should I turn on the...

Online now

Search

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom