Hi/Low or Soft/Hard better ?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
I knew some of you would say " if you have budget, go for Hi/Low/Soft/Hard 4 in 1 absorber. :Not_Impressed:

My question is which one is better ? Hi/Low or Soft/Hard ?

Why certain ppl choose Hi/Low why certain ppl choose Soft/Hard ?

Hi/Low need to find "suitable" rate spring ?
Soft/Hard NO need to find "suitable" rate spring ?

Pls englighten me....

Gti

1,000 RPM
Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
again the same advice...it depends on what u want lo...
whether u wan to be 'hardcore' or 'softcore' haha
i am using gab soft hard...to me this is more of the softcore side because my gab cannot be as hard as those full fledged hi lo adjustable absorbers
but to me this is sufficient because as i mentioned earlier...this abs that i am using is more on the softcore side...it is much harder than ur original absorber(depends on the point that u adjust) but at the meantime...it won't bounce like a frog in the highway...
compared to my fren's hwl hi lo...my car won't bounce as much

conclusion:
Soft hard --pros = could be more comfortable
--cons = it wud be a pain in ur ass to match the spring to get the height that u desired for ur car (from my own experience...spent so much time and money to find a correct spring to get the desired height)

Hi Lo --pros = Harder and could be even harder if matched with harder spring and can easily get the height u desired
--cons = if too hard for ur liking...then kantoi besar besaran la...haha

Disclaimer:the above is purely my 2cents worth and own experience...pls dun flame and feel free to correct me if i am wrong
but i wud say that the longer u ride in an adjustable...as time grows...u want the car to be harder everytime...and u WILL not compromise a car that rolls like a boat...
all the best =)

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
hi/low is to adjust the spring...
soft/hard is to adjust the shocks...

but before purchasing, made up ur mind what u want... get the most optimum spring rate u want.... coz springs are not adjustable for their soft/hard....

anyway, it all comes down to balance between sprung weight and unsprung weight.... till now, i still tak faham what is it really about... so, about suspension setting, i'm also still vr much blur....

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
Any comment of Kayaba Super Special ?? I am getting one soon from halfcut. was told taken from GSR....come with spring full set (dunno what spring)...so will be plug and play to Wira la...right ??

What's the market price for KYB Super Special ar ?

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
basically hi/lo just for looks mainly..
soft/hard is more of performance/comfort.:_:

i know for a fact kayaba frm jap is damn good.the kayaba SR for kancils are fabulous.so,i dont have a doubt for Kayaba Super Special.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
mine also kayaba super special ma... hahaha... but made in malaysia one.... not imported.... its racing shocks only.... vr stiff.... good for handling and performance....

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
yeah..like the malaysian assembled GAB..no as good as the jap ones.of course.:_:

bro skywalker..are u frm MMU in malacca?-off topic- sorry

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all there...i just wanna know...what is J and JJ??...PCD i know la..he.he.he..any body can tell me what is J and JJ for rims...izit measuring unit for rim wide or measuring unit for knuckle??....all answer are welcome..thanks..:driver:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience