Help > Proton Satria 1.3gli (M) exhaust system

ravingill

500 RPM
May 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
I am currently using a stock Proton Satria 1.3gli (year 2001) , my car is manual transmission.
I am planning to do an exhaust mod since my car is very underpowered, i have been researching but cant really choose a 4-2-1 or 4-1 extractor and a s-flow or straight flow muffler.

Can anyone give me some pointers, most people would ask me to go for 4-2-1 extractor and straight flow muffler but some are saying 4-2-1 with s-flow will be better for consumption.

My target for the exhaust mod is better acceleration / power but i dun want major increase in fuel consumption as its a daily driven car.

What shall i do guys ?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
if manual then go for ong runner 4-1 and straight flow..

really good high rpm power...

mydvdrom

Known Member
Jul 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
4-2-1 : quick acceleration from low rpm but can't go for too high revs. for small capacity engine like 1.3 should go for this type.

4-1 : low pow during low revs but can go for higher revs. pick up won't be much good as smaller engine can generate enuff power to drive the revs up quickly to make use of the high revs. suggest not to go for this as will reduce engine life if constantly high rev unless u wanna find excuse to change bigger engine. hehehe

S flow or straight thru is own preference. if u don't mod anything else to increase hp, i would recommend Sflow to keep a bit more pressure. only go for straight thru if ur engine is capable of producing more power and needs fast release of exhaust gas. and straight thru will be noisier for a shorter piping in cars like satria. juz my thoughts. anybody is welcome to correct or comment me.

mika_mivec

Known Member
Feb 1, 2009
Kedah
if u plan to change ur engine,better stay with stock exhaust system.dun waste money.once wrong calculation,ur fc will increase trust me.so if u still want to do ur exhaust,giv it to the expert(not waiheng,weiyip).but not worth cuz u will notice a little bit different oni.for me,the best way is change the engine,then do the exaust.feel the different.just ma 2 cents :driver:

ravingill

500 RPM
May 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
hey guys , well i am planning to change engine but maybe only end of next year. So il still be using this engine for 1 year or 2.

So best option is to get 4-2-1 and s-flow isit bro, but i see a lot of people using straight flow for satria. My car gives about 10km / liter of fuel, im using 15 inch rims with 195/55/r15 tires.

I wan to gain better acceleration , i will be getting a drop in air filter from simota or k&n , i have ruled out open pod bcoz on a hot day it seems open pod is useless ryt.

mydvdrom

Known Member
Jul 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
a serious workshop once said to change extractor only and maintain the stock exhaust system as it is not restrictive to your current engine mods. but once u start playing with higher profile cams and adjust cam timings the stock exhaust might be a bit restrictive in releasing the exhaust gas from the increase in power.

going for bigger exhaust piping, change back box now will only give u some brooom broom sound but will not increase power. might even reduce power but everyone will feel more power due to sound only.

damone

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2008
The setup I am using now would be 4-2-1 from Wai Heng, 1.7 external diameter piping following original route, one center box and a big tabung straight flow muffler ( the one that looks like standard setup). Gave me good power up to 5k rpm.

Use standard filter coupled with CAI. This setup is proven best for daily driving.

Hope this helps. Cheers.

ravingill

500 RPM
May 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
its not the price , i dun mind spending but is it worth , hotbits is very safe , i dun like their setup i have it on my wira auto, the sound is not great and their piping joints give way quiet often, i have had exhaust leak more then 2 times ready.

I am looking for a simple setup that will do the job. I dun want an increase in fuel consumption, i ony want acceleration and a bit of sound.

My fc now is 1 liter = 10km

mydvdrom

Known Member
Jul 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
go to www.powerzone.com.my and download their brochure. these guys are quite serious in the exhaust setups. they don't recommend going for big pipings and back box unless engine is producing so much exhaust gas from power.

what damone said makes sense. maintain the piping size to not so big. i suggest trying the tuned length extractors from powerzone while maintaining everything else first and see the diff. or u may ask their advise.

damone

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2008
Best if you can get the Wira SE extractor. I dun recommend powerzone though, its crush bent and even Wai Hengs cap ayam is mandrel bent.

mydvdrom

Known Member
Jul 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
if in doubt, go for hotbits mandrel bent then. but it still comes down to whether its worth it now as u r considering changing engine in a year or 2. i do suggest saving the money now and do it together with ur engine. maybe go for mod on air filter as it can still be used back if u change engine (maybe need to change a diff size adapter and piping only but the air filter itself might still be reusable).

damone

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2008
Dont get the swirl type. Honest, I've tried it before. Best setup would be free flow without any turbulance. Get a straight flow back box. Your puny engine using twin pipe like Sgti, you will suffer drivability. Just do as I recommend, will save you lotsa money and effort. Unless you are willing to learn the hard way.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Nissan has finally launched the V36 Skyline Coupe 370GT to the Japanese market with 333ps under the hood, making it the most powerful V6 in its class.<b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b>

The V36 Skyline Coupe is powered by VQ37VHR ,also includes Nissan’s new...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience