Hello Guest! Log in or Sign up for a full experience & ad-free!

Help! Exhaust smell coming from aircon!

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
hey guys,

i took my car out for a drive just now. i was driving leisurely for about 20 minutes before doing a short but quick run on the way home. 1st gear to 3rd gear (exiting toll), i can smell the exhaust coming in from the aircon vent. this has not happened before. i checked my gauges but there were no warning lights. water temp was 80+, oil temp was around 70+-, exhaust temp was between 500 to 600. is there something wrong (eg. like a leak somewhere?). i turned off my radio but there were no weird sounds. i'm very worried now. :bawling::bawling::bawling:

hi...may i try to answer??
its maybe ur exhaust have bocor somewhr in the middle part...so...
1 way to reduce the smell(for a while la..)when open ur a/c..make sure the air coming from the inside..not taken from outside air...this can help reduce the smell.....did u notice wheter the fuel cosumption differ or not??

The smells probably from other car...U can try reopen and reclose the air vent switch few times...Mayb it might help u to solve..:idea::idea::biggrin::biggrin:

ok, i will open and close the vent a few times and see how... tks...

err... bro mizu... i'm not having an evo or evo engine ler.... but from your case i've face before as well... its the engine oil kena the exhaust then produce the smell... but i not guaranteed on ur ride ler... lolx.... the engine i kena is 6a12tt ler..

err... bro mizu... i'm not having an evo or evo engine ler.... but from your case i've face before as well... its the engine oil kena the exhaust then produce the smell... but i not guaranteed on ur ride ler... lolx.... the engine i kena is 6a12tt ler..

walao... oil leak ar? looks like i will have to check it again later. if still got smell, hav to bring to workshop to check ady...

hehehe.... juz my 0.88boost ler... not confrim one... lolx... i could be right and could be wrong too...

i'm juz a newbie noob in cars... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: there is a lot of thing need most sifu's here to teach me.... :adore::adore::adore:

free we go yumcha and teach me more :listen:

dd05 noob then i super noob lor... nvm, we wait sifu evoz to teach us... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Nothing to be worried about...small matter...evo air cond vent. system is auto...just reconfirm...if happen again...check the air cond vent switch is 'ON' or 'OFF'...it should be no smell of exhaust gas whether from yours or lorry infront you IF the light 'ON'...:biggrin: the switch will auto 'OFF' after it reach the level of air cond temp you've set...but you can to switch it 'ON' back manually.

Nothing to be worried about...small matter...evo air cond vent. system is auto...just reconfirm...if happen again...check the air cond vent switch is 'ON' or 'OFF'...it should be no smell of exhaust gas whether from yours or lorry infront you IF the light 'ON'...:biggrin: the switch will auto 'OFF' after it reach the level of air cond temp you've set...but you can to switch it 'ON' back manually.

hm.. my sifu azizi roars edi.. hahaha.........

i tried again last night and there's no more smell liao... i think the vent not closed properly :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Bravo~ Bravo~ Good to hear that bro mizu... hehehe

our air-con is climate control..............if you put to auto it will compensate with outside temp normally this happen during night. There's nothing wrong with the car or like some ppl say bocor la leak lah.................haiz

our air-con is climate control..............if you put to auto it will compensate with outside temp normally this happen during night. There's nothing wrong with the car or like some ppl say bocor la leak lah.................haiz

tks for clarifying bro :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

ambipure smell quite strong leh... am thinking of the japanese charcoal type. anyone used before ar?

Jap-Charcoal is not air freshener .. it's to remove odour. Charcoal is very good smell absorbent ..

Last edited:
i use a fragrance quite nice smell.....not so strong
glade car gel ........rm5.90 per pc.....nice and last bout 1 month or more

Bump:
i tried again last night and there's no more smell liao... i think the vent not closed properly :rofl::rofl::rofl:

bro,
yr car so new and nice.....no problem with the exhaust for sure.....if leak mine sure leak 1st before yours la.....

and our fresh/circulating air switch sometimes de-activate by itself, i also dunno why, so sometimes i get to smell some air from outside when i launch my car........but lately seldom try..

bout dd05, he is my sifu.....so must ask him "tunjuk ajar" us a bit bout skills....heheehehe

me are noob with stock car....

pablo : oic... i din know that it only absorbs smell... lucky belum beli.. heheh

evoz : u and dd05 sama sama sifu lar... dun so humble :thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:

ok, i will open and close the vent a few times and see how... tks...

happens to me several times bro :biggrin: my heart pounded faster as the smell got stronger afraid that my exhaust leaked somewhere :banghead: but when looked at my a/c vent button 'off' i felt like fuuhh~ :dancing: then put the switch back 'on' :biggrin:

Top Bottom