HELP !!! Aircond problem...

ja50n

500 RPM
May 21, 2004
USJ / Melaka
Why when my car not moving the aircond is not cold. but when car moving its ok.
and with aircond on, my car really not smooth to drive. when i hit the clutch the rpm drop so fast and low that it will feel like gonna mati engine. also when car not moving and i leave my engine on, the rpm sometimes will go so low that it will mati engine. btw my car running on 46g3. thx. PLS HELP !!!

wild_boost

Known Member
Nov 8, 2004
ja50n said:
Why when my car not moving the aircond is not cold. but when car moving its ok.
and with aircond on, my car really not smooth to drive. when i hit the clutch the rpm drop so fast and low that it will feel like gonna mati engine. also when car not moving and i leave my engine on, the rpm sometimes will go so low that it will mati engine. btw my car running on 46g3. thx. PLS HELP !!!

Dear Jason,

From my experience:Possible cause:-

Condenser Fan Fault.
Try to do the easy part first.Pls check your condenser fan.When ur car is not moving,the condenser is cooled by the fan only.If your fan is working well ( spinning fast) , then aircond gas is cooled by the fan. In this condenser the gas were transfer from gas form to liquid.If the cooling is good enough (100% gas transform to liquid) , then you will see no bubble in the sight glass of the filter. During accelaration, you felt cold because the condenser were cooled by the fan and air.Double cooling.

Compressor

The most important part in the aircond system.Normally when the compressor is fault ,this is because it is to old ( 5 year above) and will loose it task the ability to compress the gas. This faulty can be detected if all the part in the system is working fine and your aircond is still not cold enough. What can you do is go find the mechanic and ask him/her to check the pressure in the system produce by the compressor.The good compressure will show the pressure in between 30-50 psi at idling.If the pressure is 60 psi and going down to 30-50 psi when ramming, then your compressor is still can be use.Ask the mechanic for the detail.

**If all the system is good and you still not satisfy with the coldness, then i suggest you
change the condenser with the large size.. : ) BUT you need to do some modification on it mounting and all the related fitting... if the money is not the object ,then good luck..
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unstable Idling..

During press the clutch pedal and your RPM is down, i suspect your Throttle Body (TB)is damage.THe gear inside the TB is broken, i suspect la. Go servise your TB , mechanic will
change the gearing inside(cost you about + - RM80) and can stand for 6 month before the problem occured again. Try swap TB with your friend if he/she got a spare.
This is common problem for 4G family....:rolleyes: B)

Hope this can solve your problem.....good luck dude...

Rgds,
B'Lapan

Last edited:

prince@takumi

Known Member
May 20, 2005
cheras
hey

anything need help for part can let me know !! my shop at tmn melawati ..denso dealer ..call me 012-3333013(ah seng)

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
Mine case is different, if I do high RPM, i won't be able to use the air-con later on, if I turn on the air-con, the car will stall.

And also, during in the afternoon, my car is being parked under the hot sun, when I start the car, i'm having difficulties to start the engine properly, meaning I have to step onto the pedal while turning the ignition to start the engine.

But my air-con works fine, cold air-con. :rock:

JDM_Car

Known Member
Feb 7, 2005
I faced the same problem recently, the rpm is low when I'm not accelerate...

before this my fan motor for radiator is broken so I replace the motor

and I do an aircond service ....

now ...everithing is ok except the rpm is low....

try check with the mechanic whether you fan works fine and well...

if anybody know what can I do to check the problem related to the rpm not idle ...I'm driving civic 2001 1.7 vtec...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi there.. im doing k24 swap into my civic fd about a month ago. im having few problem.
1. whistling sound near right front when high rev ( above 6500 rpm upward ) - suspect driveshaft bearing .
2. Engine and gearbox vibrate when passing through watery .
There is no problem of vibration if speeding the car on dry road.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience