helo~ people, am new here, help needed..

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

chocolate_macaroni

Mar 30, 2005
puchong
[attachmentid=45383]hello out there.. err.. not only am i new to this forum, am new to drifting and stuff too.. was thinking bout buying an FR car and learn to drift, but i know so little about cars and i dunno where to start.. can any of ye masters out there help me please.. a friend suggested BMW E30 with a RB20 transplant.. any suggestions? most appreciated.

*peace*

.S K A G E E.

500 RPM
Mar 12, 2004
Originally posted by chocolate_macaroni@Mar 30 2005, 10:26
[attachmentid=45383]hello out there.. err.. not only am i new to this forum, am new to drifting and stuff too.. was thinking bout buying an FR car and learn to drift, but i know so little about cars and i dunno where to start.. can any of ye masters out there help me please.. a friend suggested BMW E30 with a RB20 transplant.. any suggestions? most appreciated.

*peace*
[snapback]853134[/snapback]​
In my opinion I would not want to go through the hassle of doing the transplant as you might end up spending too much time ironing out the kinks rather than spending time drifting.Furthermore you wouldn't be able to recoupe the amount of money spent on the car if and when you decide to sell it. So I would suggest getting car with all the nessary parts as a standard..there are a lot to choose from KE70's , 180SX, A31 cefiros, S13s..do a bit of research and find an affordable car to fit your budget . Hope that helps

POSTIA

Known Member
Mar 11, 2005
PENANG
Visit site
chocolate....

no point to spend so much $ over d ride if u don't even noe how 2 drift ur ride...jus get a affordable FR car n spend more $ over fuel....fees for track....tyre maintenance....spend d master drifter out there for dinner....taz r d essential one!

Heard about a racing game namely Need For Speed Underground?check it out n gain ur very 1st understanding over there.....

simonchangwaimun

1,500 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
Cheras
teamshadowrider.multiply.com
hahahha
good advise POSTIA
KE70 would be good
180 and s13 is rare
but can be found

reddenger99

Known Member
Jul 6, 2004
Hey simon... im cody, remember me.... last time i use to hang out in Xfresh forum...

i didn't know u r so active in drifting and this forum too...

please to meet u agian... hahhaha

space_cowboy

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2003
a..aa..aapolloo
Visit site
Originally posted by .S K A G E E.+Mar 30 2005, 10:49 --><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(.S K A G E E. @ Mar 30 2005, 10:49 )</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-chocolate_macaroni@Mar 30 2005, 10:26

*peace*
In my opinion I would not want to go through the hassle of doing the transplant as you might end up spending too much time ironing out the kinks rather than spending time drifting.Furthermore you wouldn't be able to recoupe the amount of money spent on the car if and when you decide to sell it. So I would suggest getting car with all the nessary parts as a standard..there are a lot to choose from KE70's , 180SX, A31 cefiros, S13s..do a bit of research and find an affordable car to fit your budget . Hope that helps
[snapback]853192[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

Hello chocolate,

Firstly, welcome to the scene of drifting. I'm totally agreed with SKAGEE over the matter. u will end up spending more.

Cheers'

DoNuT

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
www.drifthouse.net
oh you can learn thru battle gear or this ferrari gamie from sungai wang. darn crazy can drift high speed hehehe.

look up on ur budget or tell us wot's ur budget we'll reckon you some FR cars then

chocolate_macaroni

Mar 30, 2005
puchong
wow.. thanks u guys.. hmm.. i know i'll end up spending much.. but that's the thing, if i'm gonna be serious in this stuff, $$ is what i'll need.. =_=' so, my budget eh? was hoping to get a car below 30k, like those old FR cars, how much do they worth eh? just as your advises, what about the modified ones? oh and one more thing, playing games really help eh? my friends asked me to read Initial D and 'DEEPLY UNDERSTAND" everything they're saying in there.. =_='

with great appreciation
~ chocolate :D

simonchangwaimun

1,500 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
Cheras
teamshadowrider.multiply.com
yes cody i remember u
i'm not that active...
juz learning to drift...but drifted a few myself
and i dunno u like drifting too
haha
i guess my name can't runaway anywhere!oh btw,jerry's(forgot his nick) here too

cho_mac,modded cars have their flaws...u might not know how bad the car was trashed before selling to u
get a stock car would be the best...
KE70,s13,s15(haha)
30k can get quite a few cars...
look in motortrader

chocolate_macaroni

Mar 30, 2005
puchong
okie dokie! motortrader it is! ^_^ will be back with my research.. but please do go on posting ye suggestions, will truly help me out! MANY THANKS!

cho_mac :D (now i have a funny nick)

DoNuT

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
www.drifthouse.net
well e30 is fine but the prob is the parts whenever it broken down. IF you know where to get it and cheap it's okie cause everytime you drift you have to expect something will drop off :)

hahaha kidding bro i just like those games. err for me it's fun and looks realistic too :)

you have a budget of rm30k i mean cash or in the sense of taking loan for it?? cause if cash yes definitely you can get more rwd cars but under loans sometimes it's abit hard unless you're thinking of cars like cefiro or others. very high interest too

chocolate_macaroni

Mar 30, 2005
puchong
loan.. =_=' how is it possible that i'd have that much cash..
$$$ >_< me no have!!!!!!!!!!! actually 30k is the max..the max of the max.. T_T at 1st was planning <20k.. @_@ helpPP~~~

jiggly_head

500 RPM
Jun 12, 2004
Seri Kembangan
Visit site
actually e30 parts not that hard to find. and bmw parts are heavy duty. and dat version u dont have to worry much bout their electronics unlike the newer versions. I still love that car tho. gonna get that car when i start working, as a second, uhh weekend car :).

sbirdz

1,500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
S.Kembangan
sbirdz_jackals.blogs.friendster.com
chocolate_macaroni

0_o...sorry for the post above..I am really sort of frustrated a bit here. You can ask Ronald about how much did he spend to get his toyota out.

On my opinion about your car choosing, if you choose a NA car. The power is more controlable, because I scared if turbo plus the heavy body like cefiro/silvia, I just scared you will have a hard time to control it. You can like drive like lose hand when u counter your drift time. So a light body car with less powers always a nice and safe choice to start learning. From mho.

*let me thru!! let me THRU!!!! GRrrrR!!!

sbirdz

1,500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
S.Kembangan
sbirdz_jackals.blogs.friendster.com
Originally posted by sbirdz@Apr 1 2005, 15:32
chocolate_macaroni
...You can like drive like lose hand when u counter your drift time...

Wow!! I means you can't!!! not "can"!~~ sorry r...aiyer..nearly kenak flame... hiskK!! I go back to my work ler... aiyoo!~~

kei-office

500 RPM
Feb 19, 2005
subang/penang
Originally posted by chocolate_macaroni@Mar 30 2005, 10:26

*peace*

chocolate.... : i hv a e30 with rb20 engine b4.....but with my exprerience better dun do tat ......u get alot of problem on u.......sumore the car canot be transfer name......wah the time i'm so panic......

go n find lah fr car like cefiro or laurel......ae86 many many more for fr car out there mah !!!!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Driving games are just on another level when played with a steering wheel and pedal set but it isn’t always a plug and play affair with them. First you got to find a proper place to mount the steering and pedals so that they’re nicely aligned with your physique when seated, much like being in the seat of a real car and driving.

Some people...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience