headlight getting dim

headshot

Known Member
May 26, 2005
Malaysia
Hi all sifu, need some advise from u guys, my old rusa's head light has become orange-ish, I believe is the head light's "cover" problem not the bulb not bright enuf, so can I use any chemical things to brush the headlight "cover" ? my mech suggest me to re-wire it from stock 60w wiring to 100w wiring then I can have a brighter headlight n the effect is close to HID ( of course need to change bulb as well), so shud I take my mech's suggestion to do rewiring? thanks man :biggrin:

gloss

1,500 RPM
May 23, 2005
SJ
change ur grounding to bigger type. cuz old cars grounding mayb become weak. change ur bulb to 100w... but muz install relay to support the bulb voltage.

EVO3gsr

Known Member
Jul 22, 2005
KL
headshot said:
Hi all sifu, need some advise from u guys, my old rusa's head light has become orange-ish, I believe is the head light's "cover" problem not the bulb not bright enuf, so can I use any chemical things to brush the headlight "cover" ? my mech suggest me to re-wire it from stock 60w wiring to 100w wiring then I can have a brighter headlight n the effect is close to HID ( of course need to change bulb as well), so shud I take my mech's suggestion to do rewiring? thanks man :biggrin:
ur headlamp is original or taiwan made?

try to polish d lamp cover to see whehter wil improve the lamp visibilty o not

changing bulb to 100/90w imposible can get HID effect..that is bullshit

tat is not re-wiring...u can juz get urself a set of relay and do it urself or ask ur mech fix for u....rm20 only for labor..

relay kits is available at most akseosri shop bout rm50...then u can buy 100/90w headlamp bulb....get HELLA brand...not bad...one pair rm30++ i guess......

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
EVO3gsr said:
ur headlamp is original or taiwan made?

try to polish d lamp cover to see whehter wil improve the lamp visibilty o not

changing bulb to 100/90w imposible can get HID effect..that is bullshit

tat is not re-wiring...u can juz get urself a set of relay and do it urself or ask ur mech fix for u....rm20 only for labor..

relay kits is available at most akseosri shop bout rm50...then u can buy 100/90w headlamp bulb....get HELLA brand...not bad...one pair rm30++ i guess......
i heard some say due to the heat of 100W/90W bulb, the reflector gets yellowish easily... so should i continue using hotter/brighter lights and make it dimmer??

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
get 4 components..

1> SandPaper no.2000
2> Soft 99
3> Kit Wax
4> An electronic polisher..

Remove the headlamp cover (if bothsides are frosted - thanks to our sunlight!, else if not frosted on bothsides, it's not necessary to remove it)... tear your sandpaper in two.. then rub against each other gently...

Make sure u have a pail of water with u.. .dip yer sandpaper into the pail of water... then gently sandpaper the surface of the headlamp plastic cover... u'll see alot of white stuff coming out.. like barli water... it's best if u could use running water from a nearby hose rather than pail of water... continue doing so till u dont see the yellowish frost anymore... (stop sandpapering, wipe it with cloth till it's dry.. then only u can see if it's still yellow, or not) .. dont sandpaper too hard!! .. and make sure u sandpaper it evenly!!

After that.. once the yellowish frost has been sandpapered off... dry it off... apply soft 99... use your electronic polisher... and polish it till the surface is smooth and without those ultra fine scratches from yer no.2000 sandpapers... continue doing this process 2-3x...

then apply your kit wax.... ..

viola!

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
btw, i did the above process on my supra headlamps.. it works... but d shit part is.. when i put the headlamp cover back on... water started seeping into the headlamps... eveyrtime it rains.. d whole headlamp got water vapour inside... another experiment down d drain... but my objective to clear the lamps works... it's a matter of how u put back the headlamp plastic cover ...

if u got only the exterior of the lamp cover frosted, this is 100% sure way of getting it cleared... if it's both sides... it depends on how good you / or whomever it is, that glues and does d fitting back

headshot

Known Member
May 26, 2005
Malaysia
wow, thanks for the tips, tis morning trying to test on my crap rusa, but damn!! the head light cover damn 9 hard to remove!! hahaha

headshot

Known Member
May 26, 2005
Malaysia
Hi all, last nite i just polished my headlight, it works!! :rock: I dun have the electronic polisher so every thing is done my ol'strength hehe good kind of exercise though :p
the thing i used is a kind of wax but got tiny particles like sand, sorry i am too excited to take pics of my polished headlight end up totally forgoten the wax thing :biggrin:

Last edited:

cad843

Known Member
Mar 23, 2005
Oita Ken
Just wanna share a tips fr chop shop. Usually, scrap car have this kind of prob at the headlamp surface, so a fren of mine who work with chop shop found this solution .. coz if the headlamp getting yellow, customer will argue to reduce a price. Try this ... its works !!

1. Brake oil (any brand can)
2. Soft span (the one usually use in the kitchen)
3. Soap / car shampoo
4. Water

Rub the headlamp surface gently with brake oil, until u can see the yellow dirt then clean it with soap or car shampoo. Repeat untill ur headlamp looks like new. Remember, DO NOT USE ANY POLISH after that ... just dry it with soft cloth. Polish will only last for a period of time only, then its getting yellow again .. trust me.

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
cad843 said:
Just wanna share a tips fr chop shop. Usually, scrap car have this kind of prob at the headlamp surface, so a fren of mine who work with chop shop found this solution .. coz if the headlamp getting yellow, customer will argue to reduce a price. Try this ... its works !!

1. Brake oil (any brand can)
2. Soft span (the one usually use in the kitchen)
3. Soap / car shampoo
4. Water

Rub the headlamp surface gently with brake oil, until u can see the yellow dirt then clean it with soap or car shampoo. Repeat untill ur headlamp looks like new. Remember, DO NOT USE ANY POLISH after that ... just dry it with soft cloth. Polish will only last for a period of time only, then its getting yellow again .. trust me.
does not look permanent to me... hmm.... rather do a one time job. But goo idea when wanna sell off the car. hahaha.

quok86

Known Member
Sep 7, 2005
Melaka
or u can contact Will from Dr. Dent.. he is selling this solution (liquid) to polish off the stains caused by oxidation on ur headlights cover... if i'm not mistaken.. it's sold for Rm50 and it comes with complete DIY manual book... well, i'm here just to share.. hope u guys will like it. cheers :dancing2:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, I'm now developing a website for a college project about TiTAN Suspensions. I need articles regarding suspension setup (e.g. Independant McPherson's setups) and why it's better to use TiTAN's suspension compared to the standard setup. :P

Anyone here with the know-hows wanna contribute an article? Your name will be stated at the top of the article(s) contributed. :)

You can post it here or send the article to my email at [email protected]

Thanks guys, ;)...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience