Headlamp Restoration - Kia Sportage

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
A joint restoration project by Pinnacle Reflections and Auto Leather - The Innovative Interior Expert.

Upon arrival, the headlamps looked dull and hazy. Although not very yellow, but the haze was quite bad especially at the top part. Common problem especially in tropical climate due to the intense sun.

Different angle.

Closer look - Unattractive and reduces light output.

Restoration begin with a time consuming wet sanding process to remove oxidation and micro cracks. A total of 4 step of sanding were use for each side.

Oxidation and micro cracks removed after sanding. The headlamp looks uniformly hazy.

Same treatment with the other side.

The headlamps was the cut, polished and finished with a total of 5 steps (2-step heavy cutting on denim and velvet pads, compounding on wool pad, polishing and finishing on polishing pad). The headlamps were coated at last to give protection against uv rays and re-yellowing. Below are some before-after photos

Before

After

Before

After

The same goes for the other side. Clarity restored

Thanks for viewing

s1tl

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2010
Ipoh/KL
Legend really really legend, salute!:adore:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah

Impronte

Known Member
Oct 10, 2011
Penang
gosh!!! the headlight look so awesome.. didn't coat the surface? my siblings car headlight also look dull (everyday beaufort-kk and tuaran-kk). maybe can do this type of correction once i come back to kk..

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
gosh!!! the headlight look so awesome.. didn't coat the surface? my siblings car headlight also look dull (everyday beaufort-kk and tuaran-kk). maybe can do this type of correction once i come back to kk..
Thank you bro... Can no prob ;)

great outcome. what's the damage for doing this?
A lot less than a new pair of headlamps.

Respect..
'Nuff said..
:adore:
Thanks for encouragement bro... Still learning...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

why compare dimensions with wira??

doesnt the gen2 have the same wheelbase as the waja??

im confused..
it is meant to replace wira, hence compare to wira loh.. what is so confusing about that??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience