Hand Brakes!

starscream

Aug 18, 2007
Im driving a wira with converted engine and rear disc brake. It seems that they only assist less than 10% of the braking. The rear disc brake pads are rarely change, the disc looks smooth & there is no cove at the tip of the disc. means it has never really been use. i was hoping to get hand brake stop effect at 80km +, but mech says it not possible. any advice ??

yea... converted (not oem) rear drum brakes to disc brakes doesnt have a good grip on the handbrake/ebrake.... there are only some mechanics who manages to fine tune it to achieve good grip on the handbrake....

what else u can do is.... get rear disc brake set with inner drum brakes mainly for the handbrake.... example of such sets are perdana rear disc brake.... it has a handbrake mechanism that utilises drum brake assym...

starscream

Aug 18, 2007
Bro skywalker, u know where to install? and how much is it?

JINEIL2EN

Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
Sky sifoo are right... only a few... really a few mech can fine tune the handbrake to perfect... mine 1 can play drift oso after tune by some experience mech....

I think of upgrade to larger throttle body.
However i was discourage by 2 workshop that if i install, I had problem with iding issue.
Is that true?
My ride is Honda City.