Halfcut B6T or N/A - Need your expertise

samyakuza

Hi Guys,

I've just purchase a 2hand Ford Laser Cabriolet 1986 E5T(Jspec). The car came without a Turbine & Intercooler (Yes! previous owner took it off.. gods knows why). The car is pretty much standard accept for the ciplak Timer & Turbo meter. Not to mention, has a staright flow piping (2inch)... sounds like a Bas Kilang.

Parts which ive change:
1. Standard Air Filter
2. Oli filter & Engine oli
3. Replace all the small engine rubber hose

Problems:
1. Makan minyak macam giler - RM50 > 220km max.
2. Loud noise coming from the external oli filter. When the signal light is switched ON the noise follows the Blinking indicator.
3. Air cond was working fine before... but it gave way 2 weeks ago.
4. Timing is very high due to the Air Cond wiring.
5. Black carbon mixed with water comes out from the exhaust pipe.
6. When the car is driven above 130kmh, engine sometimes starts to die off while driving... gives a jerking/pulling feel. After pressing the clucth engine comes back to normal. This only happens sometimes.
7. Brake system sucks.
8. Power stearing is dam hard. Need to top up the oil every month.
9. When heavy rain, water starts to drip through the soft top joinings.

Solution:
Short term - plan to fix whatever part is afforable to reduce the pertol consumption.
Long term - plan to buy a half cut.
Can you guys please help me out here. Need your advice on which halfcut to purchase.
Basically, I do lots of travelling(600-800km a week). I need an engine which will consume RM50 for 270km above and produce good horse power.
Should I stick to turbo or n/a??

Any suggestion??

Rgrds,

in the first place....why did u buy the car??
from the way I sees it, most of the stuff u listed can be spotted before u buy the car or test drive........
shud have he owner to change most of the noticeble defective parts.... and ask the owner why the turbine had been taken off?
but since u bought it; doubt that the owner would care.
But anyway, if the engine is giving u so much problem; suggest u get a new half cut. Cos fixes for all u mentioned would also cost u a bomb! Or mayb it's alll because of the turbine which had been taken off. What did ur foreman say?
It could be the car was tuned to match the ex-turbo; but since turbine taken out, the A/F mixture is wrong, thus giving you the jerking and timing issues.

Thanks for the reply Guys.
Ive purchased the car for a good price and on top of that the previous owner gave me time to pay her the full amount. Im falling in love with this car... and plan to keep it until I die. Ford/Mazda rocks... he he he

Yeap. I was able to spot some of the prob before purchasing it, but was simply stubborn!!

My foreman told be that it could be because of a few things.
1. Coz it is running low compression Cam's.
2. Air flow - tuned for ex-turbo (just like what boon said)
3. Exhaust system has to be change to 1.6inch.

All the above is gonna cost me a BOMB. Think I will just have to bare with this for now.. and save up enough $$ for a transplant.

Any suggestion which engine I should get?

sam....if it's only re-tuning back the engine; than it wouldn't be that costly. So for short term; just get it tuned back and changed the exhaust to the max of 1.6". Think 1.5 would do.....(should be less than 1k....exhaust - RM300, wiring - RM 100-200, Tuning -??; but brake would be the most expensive depending on what needed to be change)
Then when u saved enough money for tranplant than go for it........

but wow!.....a lady with a turbo car!!.........haha.....interesting.......

save up money for halfcut...b6t is good but if the parts like AFM or other things spoilt u need time to search which is very rare...like me i previously want to transplant to b6t...but cancelled it and changed to E5 fully mod...better power...hehehe and it wont cost me much trouble on the long run...better think again...

Doink,
What car are u using? E5 faster and better?... been to a few workshops.. all of them asked me to change my E5t engine! Are u using turbo?

Yes. Think Ill be saving $$ to do a transplant... think Ill be getting a N/A engine! any recommendation.... Lantis?

samyakuza said:
Ive purchased the car for a good price and on top of that the previous owner gave me time to pay her the full amount. Im falling in love with this car... and plan to keep it until I die. Ford/Mazda rocks... he he he

Yeap. I was able to spot some of the prob before purchasing it, but was simply stubborn!!

My foreman told be that it could be because of a few things.
1. Coz it is running low compression Cam's.
2. Air flow - tuned for ex-turbo (just like what boon said)
3. Exhaust system has to be change to 1.6inch.

All the above is gonna cost me a BOMB. Think I will just have to bare with this for now.. and save up enough $$ for a transplant.

Any suggestion which engine I should get?

what do u mean by low compression cams? never heard of it before... i think low compression pistons... but for 1.5 turbo should still be running on mild compression pistons...
just convert your engine, coz i think once the previous owner took out the turbine just like that, it will not only damage the engine... but ECU as well... no point of re tuned ur car. Nothing much can do. Coz low compression + non turbo = not a good combination. Might damage your internals...

samyakuza said:
Ive purchased the car for a good price and on top of that the previous owner gave me time to pay her the full amount.

that's why I know.....:_:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom