Dec 14, 2006
Penang
gb campro blh cecah 250km/h ke?..:confused: LOL

XlimShady

Known Member
Oct 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
gb campro blh cecah 250km/h ke?..:confused: LOL
Tak payah kut. One neo oener told me that his Auto Neo can max out 220km/h..... so my manual 250 should be able to reach i guess..... Anyways I dun necessasrily need it to be that fast. Hardly got any chance to reach those speeds on public roads. Unluess got own 'top gear test track' Hahaha!

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
Tak payah kut. One neo oener told me that his Auto Neo can max out 220km/h..... so my manual 250 should be able to reach i guess..... Anyways I dun necessasrily need it to be that fast. Hardly got any chance to reach those speeds on public roads. Unluess got own 'top gear test track' Hahaha!
its the matter of 'how fast' your car can reach you to top speed. not what max speed you can reach.
no use if you brag about saying your car can reach 280km/h but it takes super duper long time to reach it.

and sorry dude..no offence intended ya.. 30 km/h is a too large bro...if you say your friend AT does 220km/h, you guesstimate that your MT can reach 250km/h..is a bit overrated.

even high power, high rev engines like VTEC that redlines at 8300 rpm pun differs not that much between AT and MT in comparison to top speed.

Last edited:

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
Acceleration is more important my friend..

teo1957

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
Acceleration is more important my friend..
If possible, acceleration/torque in all RPM range.

Even 1.3 Wira can hit 190km/h. It may take sometime, but it'll hit 190km/h anyway.

Some cars when accelerate at low RPM, they're fast. Close gear ratio can give that.

But just imagine 1.3 Wira moving at 120km/h tailgating, does our car have enough torque to move away from the 1.3 Wira at 120km/h (probably 3-4,000 RPM)?

XlimShady

Known Member
Oct 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Guys, I'm not talking about the engine's ability to reach top speed. What i'm trying to imply is that the gear box for manual neo should be able to reach 250km/h provided that the engine has the abality to do so AFTER i turbo my car...... Not talking about acceleration or anything.

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
pls re-read my post above. if u understand clearly, my story is about gearbox durability and endurance.

do you still believe that by forced induction it can change your gearbox characteristic / internals / ratio as well?
forced induction is about torque brother..its about how fast your car pulls..not about enhancing how great your top speed is. it will never have a humongous effect on your gearbox and your top speed.
heck even right now you'll be able to reach your top speed. (250km/h as claimed)
the only difference is you 'll be able to smoke 3 cigarettes to reach your top speed..if u know what i mean..

power is delivered through gearing brother..no matter how good or how power you built your engine, it is still the gearbox that transfers the power to the ground.
if gearing is not important.. i can bet that dogbox will never ever be heard by any auto enthusiast.

thats why people talk about acceleration. that's the relationship.

XlimShady

Known Member
Oct 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
MKMD I appreciate what you're trying to explain. That means what you're saying is that my my gearbox now can reach 250km/h just that it will take a long time and that it might get damaged in the process? That means kena upgrade GB la if I want to rech my goal??

Note: I just want to know wheter the gear can 'tarik' until 250km/h (ignoring acceleration) Thats all.... I know acceleration is important also but the main thing now I i want to know wheter the GB can tahan or not only...... of coz based on my 5th gear setting now the acceleration after 4th gear is gonna be slow.

For me my car now acceleration is slow after 160km/h (4th gear redline).... and I tried top speed of 180km/h (GPS speedo) only on highway.... got blocked by some ppl that refuse to move to left lane :banghead:
IMO 5th gear ratio on the neo is very long. That's Y it feels loose even after shifting from 4th (at7k rpm) to 5th the rpm will drop to about 4k.... 5th gear designed for highway cruising fuel efficiency I assume??

Last edited:

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
y u want dat much of top speed la?..

XlimShady

Known Member
Oct 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
y u want dat much of top speed la?..
Trying to tapau ferarri.... LOL. Just kiddin.

Want top speed just for the satisfaction of knwing you can do it. Actually I don't even know if I dare to go beyond 200km/h in my car now.

Acceleration important also to tapau ppl at traffic light. Hahaha! :burnout:

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
MKMD I appreciate what you're trying to explain. That means what you're saying is that my my gearbox now can reach 250km/h just that it will take a long time and that it might get damaged in the process? That means kena upgrade GB la if I want to rech my goal??

Note: I just want to know wheter the gear can 'tarik' until 250km/h (ignoring acceleration) Thats all.... I know acceleration is important also but the main thing now I i want to know wheter the GB can tahan or not only...... of coz based on my 5th gear setting now the acceleration after 4th gear is gonna be slow.

For me my car now acceleration is slow after 160km/h (4th gear redline).... and I tried top speed of 180km/h (GPS speedo) only on highway.... got blocked by some ppl that refuse to move to left lane :banghead:
IMO 5th gear ratio on the neo is very long. That's Y it feels loose even after shifting from 4th (at7k rpm) to 5th the rpm will drop to about 4k.... 5th gear designed for highway cruising fuel efficiency I assume??
ok..sorry brother for the misunderstanding.

dyno is the way to go. on the road test is too dangerous.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anyone can advise me if a CF hood is already spray painted with colour, can i sand to remove the paint till CF then clear over for original CF look ??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience