Gauging interest on plasti dip

Gauging Interest : Which Plasti Dip Color Would You Prefer And What Would You Dip?

• Blaze Blue

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Blaze Green

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blaze Orange

• Blaze Pink

• Blaze Purple

• Blaze Yellow

• Base White

• Base Red

• Base Black

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Smoke!

• Gun Metal

• Camo Black

• Camo Brown

• Camo Tan

• Camo Green

• Total voters
I think after a layer of clear coat should be okay?

Hmmm...I have not tried it. Would give it a try. Now my wira gear knob has clear coat and it feels the same without coat. I guess maybe the surface isn't smooth so clear coat or not the cavities are still there

Buy 10 cans, pour into a bucket and then throw the steering wheel in it. Plup~ steering wheel gone into deep dip haha.

Plastidip has one disadvantage. The dipped surface area of my car is full of my site supervisor's fur (my furry doggy)!! It seems to easily stick on it :mad:

That's one of the reason they say can't use normal cloth as it will all stick on it.

Buy 10 cans then the rest not yet use, do what orr? Dip, working shoes, dip cap, dip underwear.
:rofl:

I have not uploaded my plastidip pictures. Here they are :burnout:

1. Most recent dip. Emblem
IMG_2659_zps6c81c13b.jpg

2. Front bumper lip. I make it two tone.
IMG_2662_zps7daf79b0.jpg

Closer look: note there's a big stone chip on the paint. Arghhhhhh !!!
IMG_2660_zpse2fbe570.jpg

i like de myvi in black colour, seems hard to do it ,wow~:proud::proud:

Very very easy...supra fanatics can teach you and show you how without sweat!

:rofl: put me on the table la...:laugh: Is easy but not simple. :biggrin:
Will show you how when the right time comes Josephine.

Cvkit himself by looking at his job, he is one of the pro plastisdip as well :smile:

Very very easy...supra fanatics can teach you and show you how without sweat!

Somehow putting SupFan's name, "show you how" and "sweat" while talking to a girl just sounds obscene.

Even though I know this is about plastidip.

Or not.

:biggrin:

Regarding getting a big bucket and just dipping the whole steering in, if the pure dip wasn't so bloody expensive I would actually do that. After pouring the dip out would it be ok to pour it back in? Exposure to the air/moisture would harden it wouldn't it?

Dammit. I have too many DIY projects

Bro. SF, cvkit, stupidcar, all awesome DIY.....:top:

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

Ah damn. So it's not recommended for stuff being grabbed a lot like steering wheels. I was gonna do that.

Wrap the steering wheel leh! Got $$$ do in leather, I did mine but PVC lah!.....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:53 AM ----------

Cvkit himself by looking at his job, he is one of the pro plastisdip as well :smile:

Not put on table, currently you are on hot streak with plastic dip, can give you more things to test on....:driver:

Somehow putting SupFan's name, "show you how" and "sweat" while talking to a girl just sounds obscene.

Or not.

Regarding getting a big bucket and just dipping the whole steering in, if the pure dip wasn't so bloody expensive I would actually do that. After pouring the dip out would it be ok to pour it back in? Exposure to the air/moisture would harden it wouldn't it?

Take a big bucket, about 5 cans of DIP and bring extra in case not enough. Take everything to a mud guard shop, and borrow their dust free room. DIP your steering in like how we dip our candies into a bowl of liquid chocolate. There, done. Quickly pour everything into a clean empty can of Nippon PAINT. Keep it air tight. Done :biggrin:

(not sure it works, just a suggestion. Waiting for you to try out ) :rofl:

Wrap the steering wheel leh! Got $$$ do in leather, I did mine but PVC lah!.....:biggrin:

Not put on table, currently you are on hot streak with plastic dip, can give you more things to test on....:driver:

:rofl: Not awesome DIY la haha! Still learning. I don't mind testing for others, as long as they have plastidip at their place :rofl:

Cuz I aint got enough to spare :biggrin: But so far, my 1 can of spray still got some left even after
doing that much. Going to do on bigger surface area soon.

Yesterday My friend only saw one left at Ace Hardware Sunway.

Take a big bucket, about 5 cans of DIP and bring extra in case not enough. Take everything to a mud guard shop, and borrow their dust free room. DIP your steering in like how we dip our candies into a bowl of liquid chocolate. There, done. Quickly pour everything into a clean empty can of Nippon PAINT. Keep it air tight. Done :biggrin:

Lets rephrase this.... Quickly pour into 4 smaller cans, one he keeps, one each for bro. SF, cvkit and Unker VR.....hahahahahaha:biggrin:

If I recall correctly, one dip can is RM40+

5 cans makes it close to RM200 give or take. That's just crazy la just for a steering wheel!

Lets rephrase this.... Quickly pour into 4 smaller cans, one he keeps, one each for bro. SF, cvkit and Unker VR.....hahahahahaha:biggrin:

RM200 there he wont give us :rofl: He would rather buy us drinks instead :laugh:

5 cans makes it close to RM200 give or take. That's just crazy la just for a steering wheel!

Yes, you are right. For you to paint it with paint brush, Is like you have to have super fast hands? :rofl: Put on a red underwear outside, then only can paint real fast before it dries.:rolleyes:

I think have to use spray gun, that's the only way?

RM200 there he wont give us :rofl: He would rather buy us drinks instead :laugh:

Yes, you are right. For you to paint it with paint brush, Is like you have to have super fast hands? :rofl: Put on a red underwear outside, then only can paint real fast before it dries.:rolleyes:

I think have to use spray gun, that's the only way?

Remove, hang and then spray. Can be done.....

No lah...I'm a noob doing trial and error...mana tau it worked out that's it :biggrin:
55 go help her dip the emblem lol haha

Or not.

I guess it would be something like Dunlop glue, the one in a can. It gets harden slowly when exposed to air. You want to dip the whole steering or the handles only? I think use spray type would be ok but just gotta make sure the coat is thick enough. Maybe top up with a layer or two of clear coat.

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:53 AM ----------

Thanks!

Erm..the spray type cost rm44 if not mistaken...and the dip type is more expensive...around RM50 I guess...can't remember the exact figure. Last 2 weeks Midvalley ACE just restocked. Got about 20 cans of black. Don't know if it is busted by hunters already or not.

No lah...I'm a noob doing trial and error...mana tau it worked out that's it :biggrin:
55 go help her dip the emblem lol haha

I guess it would be something like Dunlop glue, the one in a can. It gets harden slowly when exposed to air. You want to dip the whole steering or the handles only? I think use spray type would be ok but just gotta make sure the coat is thick enough. Maybe top up with a layer or two of clear coat.

Thanks!

Erm..the spray type cost rm44 if not mistaken...and the dip type is more expensive...around RM50 I guess...can't remember the exact figure. Last 2 weeks Midvalley ACE just restocked. Got about 20 cans of black. Don't know if it is busted by hunters already or not.

I go there Sapu then, can put up a stall at Pasar Malam, do demo there then sell RM50 per can :rofl: Who want me do on the spot, RM200 depending on size and time used :laugh:

But 1 thing I want to ask bro Pocket Rocket, if sprayed rims, will our dip be damaged by foreman
when want to change tyre or do alignment & balancing? Since they are gonna use the air gun to
take the nuts out. Usually my rims so far all okay la, just afraid some may be too rough.

Then have to do all over again..

I go there Sapu then, can put up a stall at Pasar Malam, do demo there then sell RM50 per can :rofl: Who want me do on the spot, RM200 depending on size and time used :laugh:

But 1 thing I want to ask bro Pocket Rocket, if sprayed rims, will our dip be damaged by foreman
when want to change tyre or do alignment & balancing? Since they are gonna use the air gun to
take the nuts out. Usually my rims so far all okay la, just afraid some may be too rough.

Then have to do all over again..

Lol then if raining...habis...wakakaka

I think if on rims...when the foreman wana take our the old tyre that time the will use a metal rod to slip into in between tyre and rim to take the tyre out. That might hurt the dip as well.

Lol then if raining...habis...wakakaka

I think if on rims...when the foreman wana take our the old tyre that time the will use a metal rod to slip into in between tyre and rim to take the tyre out. That might hurt the dip as well.

Just ask them be careful I guess...but if dont change rims, they wont remove the tyres from the rims.
Just the air gun that I'm worried.

Imagine, u take like 1 hour+ to do like 5 coats on the rims or even 6 coats, then suddenly damage...
damn heartache wei..

Just ask them be careful I guess...but if dont change rims, they wont remove the tyres from the rims.
Just the air gun that I'm worried.

Imagine, u take like 1 hour+ to do like 5 coats on the rims or even 6 coats, then suddenly damage...
damn heartache wei..

So make sure the tyres are new when you dip the wheel hahah..I think can top up another layer on the damaged part?

So make sure the tyres are new when you dip the wheel hahah..I think can top up another layer on the damaged part?

No don't, it will end up rough and it will not be able to cover nicely. If there is a tear, and you spray another coat to cover it. It will have a mark there even if it is covered.

Need to use thinner to dilute it until the surface of the tear is even, then only can spray again.
Never tried before but that's what was taught by Fonzie.

Ya, my tyres are still new haha!

No don't, it will end up rough and it will not be able to cover nicely. If there is a tear, and you spray another coat to cover it. It will have a mark there even if it is covered.

Need to use thinner to dilute it until the surface of the tear is even, then only can spray again.
Never tried before but that's what was taught by Fonzie.

Ya, my tyres are still new haha!

Hmmm ok..learnt new thing wakakakaka..

Btw, I found this:
[Up to 63% Off] Lightweight Air-Pressure Paint Gun from RM118. Free Delivery to Pen. M'sia

Don't knw if it is good enough?:hmmmm:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom