future of F1

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
Well i only do wish more teams able to join in regardless of F1 of GPWC.

but thn... on what method only can make F1 car more advance technology but also required strong driver skill? if everything was assisted by electronics, thn the driver skill doesnt really emphasis much.

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
Originally posted by BlackSamurai@Feb 24 2005, 19:43
actually i was thinking increase current min 600kgs per car to min 700kgs will definately slowing down the F1 a lot.
that wouldn't be much of a use... any thing to make the car slow would need to be at the source...engine for instance...

increase the weight would only let them play more with the ballast..shifting weight around to let the cars go round corners more easily...not really good idea...

better to introduce air intake restrictors like WRC...38mm good enuf to take 100 horses away...

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
Originally posted by normality78@Feb 25 2005, 14:50
Well i only do wish more teams able to join in regardless of F1 of GPWC.

but thn... on what method only can make F1 car more advance technology but also required strong driver skill? if everything was assisted by electronics, thn the driver skill doesnt really emphasis much.
electronic does not necessarily take driver skills away... for instance the traction control they use now is not the same as the ones in commercial cars... their ones allow them to control wheelspin to an amount to enable them to let the rear end slide out to straighten the car with the corner exit...while commercial ones concentrate at safety not allowing the wheels to spin at all to prevent the car from losing control...

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
a little bit off topic. I'm really interested to find out how Renault make their car to have the best lauching system on the grid. And in the past, the lauching system is not because of their light fuel load strategy. Renault cars usually overtake 2 - 3 cars on the lauching.

In Formula 1, your secrect can't hold too long, sooner or later your competitor will find out the way to do the same thing to out peace you. But looks like Renault is doing very well to hide their lauching system secrect. I means if I were John Todt or Ron Dennis, after saw those "stunt" on the grid, I will definately want to have a meeting with the technicians and programmers, "How Renault did it? And when can we have the similar or better lauch system for our car."

I have this in mind, maybe other team developed the similar system and found that there are some draw back to implement such system to their race car and halve the development? I recalled after Renault surprise others by showing their big improvement, Alonso told the press that Renault car is not as easy to drive as others can imagine. Some how I have thinking that poor handling might be cause by the great lauching system. IMHO.

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
The renault secret so far as i know is the CPU able to generate much more faster respond thn others competitors. that's all that i know

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
or shall i say the processor? whahahaha

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
Originally posted by BlackSamurai@Feb 27 2005, 01:24
a little bit off topic. I'm really interested to find out how Renault make their car to have the best lauching system on the grid. And in the past, the lauching system is not because of their light fuel load strategy. Renault cars usually overtake 2 - 3 cars on the lauching.

In Formula 1, your secrect can't hold too long, sooner or later your competitor will find out the way to do the same thing to out peace you. But looks like Renault is doing very well to hide their lauching system secrect. I means if I were John Todt or Ron Dennis, after saw those "stunt" on the grid, I will definately want to have a meeting with the technicians and programmers, "How Renault did it? And when can we have the similar or better lauch system for our car."

I have this in mind, maybe other team developed the similar system and found that there are some draw back to implement such system to their race car and halve the development? I recalled after Renault surprise others by showing their big improvement, Alonso told the press that Renault car is not as easy to drive as others can imagine. Some how I have thinking that poor handling might be cause by the great lauching system. IMHO.
actually... a lot of rumours had said it is not only their launc control system alone that did those great standing starts... more to the way they designed their chassis...

however it might be due to easier control over traction as their cars tend to be a bit lacking behind in horses...

same like to Minardi when they were not on launch control and traction control... they absolutely found no need for it... and they were faster off the line without it...

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
speaking on power... i remembered that months ago i saw in a magazine reportedly saying that rumours told them Honda were running their engines at max tune in Suzuka GP... somewhere around 950BHPs...

Ferrari were reported to have let both drivers to run on full taps in the Italian GP...no wonder they were both so fast even thought Michael had spun on the 1st lap and drop to near last place...

reefa

Feb 28, 2005
Visit site
Originally posted by normality78@Feb 24 2005, 02:15
well, i guess as everyone aware that soon after 2008, F1 might b no longer exist. with GPWC forming, F1 is dead.

Ferrari had signed the concorded deal with FIA F1. so what do u think of the ferrari future, F1 future and GPWC?
hello all! :) good day today... rainy + no haze. but rainy = lazy! hehe.. :P

mind if i join?
F1 cars are getting slower n slower season after season. FIA's orders all team to detune their racecars. starting this season, we would see a whole new F1 races.. with diff. (smaller) engine specs. smaller capacity engine = change in aerodynamics.

if i'm not mistaken, GPWC is without ferrari, right? or izzit the ferrari don't wanna compete nemore? not so sure though :unsure: .. eventhough the ferraris dominates races, i think without the red team on the circuit.. F1 will not be F1. it would be boring.

anyone can prove me wrong? haha! :P

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
Originally posted by reefa+Feb 28 2005, 16:27 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (reefa @ Feb 28 2005, 16:27 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-normality78@Feb 24 2005, 02:15
well, i guess as everyone aware that soon after 2008, F1 might b no longer exist. with GPWC forming, F1 is dead.

Ferrari had signed the concorded deal with FIA F1. so what do u think of the ferrari future, F1 future and GPWC?
hello all! :) good day today... rainy + no haze. but rainy = lazy! hehe.. :P

mind if i join?
F1 cars are getting slower n slower season after season. FIA's orders all team to detune their racecars. starting this season, we would see a whole new F1 races.. with diff. (smaller) engine specs. smaller capacity engine = change in aerodynamics.

if i'm not mistaken, GPWC is without ferrari, right? or izzit the ferrari don't wanna compete nemore? not so sure though :unsure: .. eventhough the ferraris dominates races, i think without the red team on the circuit.. F1 will not be F1. it would be boring.

anyone can prove me wrong? haha! :P [/b][/quote]
WALAUEH...u like trying to start a camp fire here man... here a lot of ANTI-FERRARI fans u know... any days u see news related to Schumacher getting assasinated u can suspect the people from this forum...hahahah...jus joking :lol:

FIA does have it own points trying to slow cars down... for safety i support...to increase competitveness... okay okay la... to help team reduce budget... that is a whole lot of bull loh...

safety wise...quite good la this few years... last death also in Melbournce race when Jacques collided with Ralf... and the Monza crash... both which tyres killed the marshals...

which race do u all like most... i personally like Monte Carlo, Spa, Suzuka and Canada... damn nice the tracks and each got its own challenges

FTO

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
i like monte carlo, coz normally there will be alot of beatiful cars and pretty ladies on TV...hhaha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

last night when im driving with open air cond and i realise the car temperature's meter had raise to the most highest level.. so i park at a side and see whats going on, no water leaking from my "water fridge" and the problem might be is? fan not working anymore?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience