fuel running rich

kob3bryant

Known Member
Dec 3, 2005
wat can i do to my car if the fuel is too rich?
my ride=wira 1.6 convert to manual from auto
black smoke coming out from exhaust when cold start,rear boot shaky if that.drink petrol like nothing.
so wat can i do?

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
well, u can consider installing a SAFC2 or something similiar. Does ur car have a O2 sensor wan or not? If so, maybe you should look into checking the sensor first. If urs does not have O2 sensor, the idle fuel mixture can be tuned wan but have to send to mechanic to do. Ask them to do a electronic diagnotics where they cucuk a sensor into the exhaust to monitor the CO level.

Also please check ur spark plugs and spark plug cables. Possibly worn out and need replacement hence the black smoke due to improper combustion. You should also check out the ignition timing which again should be done at mechanic.

kob3bryant

Known Member
Dec 3, 2005
trex92 said:
well, u can consider installing a SAFC2 or something similiar. Does ur car have a O2 sensor wan or not? If so, maybe you should look into checking the sensor first. If urs does not have O2 sensor, the idle fuel mixture can be tuned wan but have to send to mechanic to do. Ask them to do a electronic diagnotics where they cucuk a sensor into the exhaust to monitor the CO level.

Also please check ur spark plugs and spark plug cables. Possibly worn out and need replacement hence the black smoke due to improper combustion. You should also check out the ignition timing which again should be done at mechanic.
mine is 97's batch,how to check the o2 sensor?i dun know inside it got or not.i juz service my t/b as the mech said auto choke inside this and might get tis pro.but it end up the same story.my plug juz change recenty,and there is not problem when accelerationg.i believe should not relate to the plug and cable problem la!

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
kob3bryant said:
mine is 97's batch,how to check the o2 sensor?i dun know inside it got or not.i juz service my t/b as the mech said auto choke inside this and might get tis pro.but it end up the same story.my plug juz change recenty,and there is not problem when accelerationg.i believe should not relate to the plug and cable problem la!
97 batch dun have O2 sensors yet so should have the fuel mixture knob that is located on the firewall in the engine compartment. Black round thing close to the TB. U cant turn the knob by ur own coz need special tool for it. No probs with acceleration does not mean no probs with plug and cable. Too old plugs or cables might not give the optimum spark for combustion hence the black smoke. But since plug is new, so check ur cables too whether too worn out. Too severe case of deterioration only u would get misfiring.

kob3bryant

Known Member
Dec 3, 2005
trex92 said:
97 batch dun have O2 sensors yet so should have the fuel mixture knob that is located on the firewall in the engine compartment. Black round thing close to the TB. U cant turn the knob by ur own coz need special tool for it. No probs with acceleration does not mean no probs with plug and cable. Too old plugs or cables might not give the optimum spark for combustion hence the black smoke. But since plug is new, so check ur cables too whether too worn out. Too severe case of deterioration only u would get misfiring.
i juz contact the only car modify workshop in my town(they have laptop to tune ur car),the mech suggest me to scan my car for the problem with RM60 bucks,including tuning.but when i ask about mapping,he seems like do not understanding wat i am talking about.quite bore about that.wat do u think about that?the workshop named 4GT from kluang quite active in motor show,their show car is toyota seg with 4age and green-coloured.converted quite a lot of car lke L2,mivec and son on.

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
kob3bryant said:
i juz contact the only car modify workshop in my town(they have laptop to tune ur car),the mech suggest me to scan my car for the problem with RM60 bucks,including tuning.but when i ask about mapping,he seems like do not understanding wat i am talking about.quite bore about that.wat do u think about that?the workshop named 4GT from kluang quite active in motor show,their show car is toyota seg with 4age and green-coloured.converted quite a lot of car lke L2,mivec and son on.
did u change ur ECU before? If no, then there is no point to use laptop to tune car coz ur ori ECU is non programmable wan. Also if the mechanic does not know wat is mapping, then chances are he is just trying to make easy money off you. If u r using ori ECU too, u don need to worry about mapping coz the setting would never run off.

The CO tune up is done by a machine and not a laptop that have a sensor plugged into the exhaust and 1 sensor to the spark plug and the mechanic would adjust the fuel mixture knob accordingly.

white_bird

500 RPM
Jul 9, 2005
puchong
if i'm not mistaken.. his car is carb 1..
so very easy... put the wideband afr meter.. use the special tool to "turn" the nut from the carb... everything solve..
not even hav to scan n this n tht.. also no need Rm60.. so expensive..

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
white_bird said:
if i'm not mistaken.. his car is carb 1..
so very easy... put the wideband afr meter.. use the special tool to "turn" the nut from the carb... everything solve..
not even hav to scan n this n tht.. also no need Rm60.. so expensive..
nope. his car is 1.6 so its EFI.

kob3bryant

Known Member
Dec 3, 2005
trex92 said:
did u change ur ECU before? If no, then there is no point to use laptop to tune car coz ur ori ECU is non programmable wan. Also if the mechanic does not know wat is mapping, then chances are he is just trying to make easy money off you. If u r using ori ECU too, u don need to worry about mapping coz the setting would never run off.

The CO tune up is done by a machine and not a laptop that have a sensor plugged into the exhaust and 1 sensor to the spark plug and the mechanic would adjust the fuel mixture knob accordingly.
yes,my car is efi.i did not changed the ecu,it cost a bomb to me.the machine u mentioned is for tuning the air-fuel mixture rite?so wat about a light that put in front and a sensor in the rear muffler?wat is that?i kinda dissapppoint alreay,might changed the filter to the original box type.

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
kob3bryant said:
yes,my car is efi.i did not changed the ecu,it cost a bomb to me.the machine u mentioned is for tuning the air-fuel mixture rite?so wat about a light that put in front and a sensor in the rear muffler?wat is that?i kinda dissapppoint alreay,might changed the filter to the original box type.
as long as there is a sensor to the rear muffler, its CO tuning (tuned by air fuel mixture). And the strobe light thing is actually the timing light to tune the ignition timing...

v6tt909

Jan 27, 2006
hi trex92
just 1 to ask a few question,
1)what the exactly the problem if petrol overflow at ijecter o/p?
and the car can't ignite?hope can share your experience and knowledge,
thanks in advance!!

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
v6tt909 said:
hi trex92
just 1 to ask a few question,
1)what the exactly the problem if petrol overflow at ijecter o/p?
and the car can't ignite?hope can share your experience and knowledge,
thanks in advance!!
hi, i dun understand what u mean by petrol overflow at injector o/p (o/p = ?? ). Also by car can't ignite, please give more information. Perhaps u can share info on what mods has been done on the car, type of car, symptoms of problems....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

‎20% OFF MEGUIARS 3-STEP GLOSS POLISH

Richer, deeper looking colours and a lustrous long lasting mirror-like finish
NP:RM200 NOW:RM160
Email or phone booking only
...On site service also available
email:[email protected]
hp:016-3458309(johnny)
Find us on http://www.facebook.com/pages/Selangor-Malaysia/SUMMER-CAR-WASH-AND-POLISH-CENTRE/67869124609?ref=ts
Follow us by http://twitter.com/summercarwash
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience