Foreign object in fuel tank

theorekz

Mar 29, 2005
hiztorikal.c.t.
guys, is it possible to extract foreign object eg like nuts and etc fell into the fuel tank? what is the pre-caution step i can take now? dont start the engine?? will it be cumbersome to do such extraction process? its a '94 camry

really appreciate ur help... :_: thanks in advance..

What actual fell into the tank? If its just a nut, then I won't worry so much, as there is a filter to filter out foreign object. Some tank oso have a built-in strainer to capture large object. Heck, even the fuel hose would restrict the movement of the nut before reaching the filter.

I would be very wory if the foreign object was smaller in size, like fine grain of sand or fine dirt as they would possibly pass thru the filter and "KONG" the fuel system later.

put double fuel filter lor... some say got better response if dual fuel filter.... jz some myth la...

BlackSamurai

Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
just don't tell us that your hamster is the foreign object...

theorekz said:
ken taikor.. means if quite big item no need sacred lar?

like that i feel better bit.. kekeke...

If big item, depends lor........if the big item is plastic and solvable in petrol.....the item will simply"disapear"......:_:

why big item will end up in the fuel tank la??... got people sabotage u when u refill at petrol station??... the worker throw stone inside ar??..

when i pump petrol, i dun remove the cap early.... i only remove it when i pick up the nozzle.... after finish pumping, i quickily replace the cap back....

prodigy

Quite rightly said, there's actually a filter to stop any foreign particle from entering the injector. However what i worry most is water entering the fuel line, rather than sand. Sometimes there's bound to have moisture or when you refill during a rainy day.

theorekz

Mar 29, 2005
hiztorikal.c.t.
in fact.. the thing that went into the fuel tank is a chop stick.. hehe.... cause the '94 camry's fuel tank got a security valve.. and the valve is tightened with a spring mechanism.... poke with chop stick, mana tau half of the chop stick snap and drop in... next week sending to workshop to dismantle the fuel tank lor.. wht to do..

theorekz said:
in fact.. the thing that went into the fuel tank is a chop stick.. hehe.... cause the '94 camry's fuel tank got a security valve.. and the valve is tightened with a spring mechanism.... poke with chop stick, mana tau half of the chop stick snap and drop in... next week sending to workshop to dismantle the fuel tank lor.. wht to do..
lolz... tangan gatal la tu....:regular_smile:

prodigy

Oh man, thats the first time i heard a chop stick dropped into the fuel tank. Haha. Tough luck mate!

But i'm just wondering was the valve spoilt or something? Otherwise, why would you use a chop stick to poke the safety valve? Don't tell me just for fun.

if the chopstick is plastic, I think by the time u open up the petrol tank, the plastic might oredi being disolved in the petrol.....

I don't know wat grade of plastic used in chopstick, but I have seen plastic from butter container being turn into jelly and later "disappear". I suspek it has been disolved.

Anyway, good luck undergoing the chopstick "salvaging".

theorekz

Mar 29, 2005
hiztorikal.c.t.
cause want to fill petrol lar... the valve is so damn tight... and cant source any suitable stuff to do the job.. so poke with chop-stick lor...

ken taikor, if really dissolve.. is it ok to start the engine?

Brader, Theorekz,

Well, I'm not too sure abt how plastic reacting chemically with petrol if the plastic disolved oredi.....

If I were you, I might to flush the entire fuel system, then masuk balik petrol supply. ...thats all I can think of.

Any ZTH brader can help/suggest ani other way??

[s]UpErNoVa

Feb 8, 2006
haha chopstick? wont cause any harm bro.. it'll jus sink to de bottom of de petrol tank.. but ah well, best is still to dismantle de petrol tank n take it out.. :regular_smile:

Maxx

Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
but i wonder how u r going to take out the chopstick? the tank cannot open into half.
btw, no harm if its left in the tank. i think it wont even get near ur internal fuel filter "socks" as there is a "bowl" covering the fuel pump and filter socks.

Lopot

Dec 24, 2004
K.L
If the chop stick is made from palstic you shouldn't be worry if its vaporised in your fuel tank because plastic is made from petrol based polimer. So it should be okay lor. Anyway it just half of the chopstick vs 100 liter of petrol shouldn't make any different what.

prodigy

You must first be really sure that the plastic chopstick has indeed been dissolved by the petrol. What if it has not been dissolved? You're gonna waste a whole tank of petrol.

well, to be on the safe side, better check the fuel tank and see whether there is a chopstick. The decide on the course of action...

You can't be too careful, can you?

NEW comer here!!! I'm 2nd batch GTI owner which using siemens not mmc engine, what can i do to upgrade my existing engine?? is it reasonable if i install turbo kit to my engine...wut choice i hav??? could u guyz help me???