Food Talk...Eat, Eat & Eat.

Hmmm..I'm not an expert in food but I can suggest a few places near my home. I guess SF knows it since he lives around my place also.
You guys know hawker stalls along Jalan Ipoh 5th mile near The Store? There are a few "not bad" food there. I won't say it's very good coz I've tried better ones haha but not in KL.

Things to try: Prawn Mee (a few HK artist been there before), loh Yee Mee (beside a mamak), seafood noodle (same row as bicycle shop).

I only like the Lamb Kut Teh in Kepong Market area :rofl:
Then the chicken rice in Sri Bintang Double 7 Also not bad.

We stay same area but never bump into each other before :rofl:
Won't be able to bring my dipped car on Saturday though cuz it is going outstation :laugh:

Cancel that appointment la bro, nothing more important than meeting Izso :rofl:
Then we can try and see what food is nice in Sunway, can try the Bak Kut Teh that I tried near
Subang. :biggrin:

heh! heh! cannot leh! my sis in law back from the States......:smokin:

USJ got Seafood noodle, Tom Yam sea food and fish head noodle.....:eating::eating:

heh! heh! cannot leh! my sis in law back from the States......:smokin:

USJ got Seafood noodle, Tom Yam sea food and fish head noodle.....:eating::eating:

We need you then :rofl:
To bring us there.

Bring her along, I can speaka in english. :biggrin:

We need you then :rofl:
To bring us there.

Bring her along, I can speaka in english. :biggrin:

Cannot, have to arrange them outstation back to hometown.

Another day, we tt there at this fish head noodle restaurant. I did with some Penang AW members last time. He ate Fish Head noodle then saw the Tom Yam cannot resist so order another....:biggrin:

Cannot, have to arrange them outstation back to hometown.

Another day, we tt there at this fish head noodle restaurant. I did with some Penang AW members last time. He ate Fish Head noodle then saw the Tom Yam cannot resist so order another....:biggrin:

Ah...okay then, arrange another day then. Fish head noodle, the one in Kuchai Lama is good. RM6 - RM8 per bowl. Really good.

Too many waiting for me to post up. :laugh:

Ah...okay then, arrange another day then. Fish head noodle, the one in Kuchai Lama is good. RM6 - RM8 per bowl. Really good.

Too many waiting for me to post up. :laugh:

Kuchai Lama stall or shop. Shop one is XO also good. The waiting for table is terrible. Some more open Mon to Fri only.....:rolleyes:

Sea Food or if you can find Restaurant Hou Moon, the asam fish head or steam fish is really good. Usually standing room waiting for a table.

Hou Moon? Where is this restaurant located to be exact? I should hunt this down!

Got 1 Mamak store that only sells Nasi Lemak and their famous fried chicken at night. My friend brought me there once. It was real good and something different for once. I thought only got BKT. :rofl:

mamak? hurmm I'll pass. nasi lemak for breakfast only? hehe.

Yea me too I thought klang got BKT only haha

Bro. Danz,
Forgot to mention. In PJ old town between UOB Bank and the bus station there is a small car park. On weekdays there will be a van there selling nasi lemak ayam goreng by a husband and wife team. The ayam is freshly fried and finishes quite fast, so the frying is on going. Nasi lemak also very fragrance and the sambal pretty good. Can ta pau (take away) or eat there. Got a little drink stall and some tables there...

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

Another will be the row of shop opposite Wisma Majestic, at the corner of the first row towards the middle, got a mamak shop selling Naan. I had Garlic Naan and Tandoori Chicken that day and they are pretty good. The Roti Canai is soft and fluffy also. But the drink (Nescafe tarik) was not up to mark....:bawling:

Bro. Danz,
Forgot to mention. In PJ old town between UOB Bank and the bus station there is a small car park. On weekdays there will be a van there selling nasi lemak ayam goreng by a husband and wife team. The ayam is freshly fried and finishes quite fast, so the frying is on going. Nasi lemak also very fragrance and the sambal pretty good. Can ta pau (take away) or eat there. Got a little drink stall and some tables there...

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

Another will be the row of shop opposite Wisma Majestic, at the corner of the first row towards the middle, got a mamak shop selling Naan. I had Garlic Naan and Tandoori Chicken that day and they are pretty good. The Roti Canai is soft and fluffy also. But the drink (Nescafe tarik) was not up to mark....:bawling:

ok bro...waiting for u & SF to bring me there & belanja makan haha :smokin:

AUN KHENG LIM SALT BAKED CHICKEN

akl1.JPG

Salt Baked Chicken or known as "Yim Kok Kai" in cantonese. Aun Kheng Lim Salt Baked Chicken, Established since 1987.

6875070014_1590c4546e.jpg

Also food in Ipoh City, located just beside the road somewhere around Onn Kee Chicken Rice Area Zone but at the other
side of the street. If you have a GPS, shouldn't be hard to find. Beside the shop, there is a Big Tree. So, you won't miss it.

There are a few Salt Baked Chicken shops selling, just make sure you don't go to the wrong one. So far this is the most
popular shop. Just stop by the road, and a guy will take your order. Something like Drive-Thru :rofl:

There is one near Onn Kee and Lou Wong Chicken rice, but not that one. This one if you are from Onn Kee Chicken Rice Shop,
You need to walk a little and is just across the street.

Anyway, no worries is easy to find.

ag1.jpg

2620488634_5ded25651d.jpg

12591-1186873538-3.jpg

Looks good? But we won't be deceive by the looks of it just because it taste as good as it looks. The meat is real
juicy as well, when you open up the wrapper, there are sufficient soup that mix with herbs and taste of the chicken
to dip the meat in and eat along.

More like sauce then soup, but all marinated along with the chicken with salt.

This is a must try if you visit ipoh. If early they have ready made type but if you are late, then only Salt Baked Chicken
in packets. At 1st I thought it wont taste as good as ready made type, but when we bought the packet back and heat it
up ourselves since it was frozen, it still taste as good as ready made ones. Hard to believe, but true. :top:

ag2.jpg

It is prepared by using paper to wrap the chicken with chinese herbs such as Dong Guai and Gei Zhi (wolfberry) and covered
with salts in a big oven. With this cooking technique, the meat will not lose its tenderness and the essence of chicken can be
preserved as well. The combination of salt and herbs gives the meat a unique flavour.”

Description taken from Portfolio - Aun Kheng Lim Salted Chicken

aun-kheng-lim.jpg

If not wrong, I think now is RM17 per chicken. For whole chicken RM17, I think is reasonable since the taste is still that good.
Out of 10 times I go ipoh, usually I would tapau one back to KL for my family dinner. Sometimes have it in ipoh.

AUN KHENG LIM SALT BAKED CHICKEN
24, Jalan Theatre
30300 Ipoh,
Perak.

SF,
yes it is compulsory for me to buy the baked salt chicken when in ipoh.

Also Ipoh Leng lui? :rofl:

I like the salted chicken but not the "min pau kai" (chicken in bread). It's just normal curry chicken and bread. Same like you have curry chicken in one hand and gardenia in the other
Ipoh Leng Lui can't tapao back, have to dine in when it is hot :rofl:

Chicken in bread that one in Sungai buloh near Valencia there got one chinese restaurant not bad.

the soya bean not worth lining up...long que Ooo....

Very fast one, I line up straight can get it already. Always sold out if late. They open in the morning
if not wrong then open till they sold all according to their signboard on business hours :rofl:

Top Bottom