Food Talk...Eat, Eat & Eat.

Recently, my officemate wanted to go somewhere as she is not familiar with PJ area.

We went to Evolve as she wanted some Ayam Penyet...

n to our suprise the food court was one of the best place ever been, it is new, clean n kinda high tech bcoz the menus are shown on the LCD screen with the food instead of u read the signboard n buy...

food wise, great too

Makan, from penang mainland. This thread mostly KL, PJ , Selangor area...etc.
Just now went for supper with my tech. Night shift.
Go to usual secret shop, nasi kandar - Jalil. Location near "masjid jamek bagan dalam", Butterworth.
The most basic dishes. Open at 12am. Everything fresh cooked.
Tauke, wearing sarung doing business. :biggrin: GST free :listen:

Later, will give another secret place. After work first. lol...

Attachments

• DSC_022612.jpg
    DSC_022612.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
a quote by food lovers...

if there is rats in the area means the food is good.

kinda true, rats are fussy animals when comes to food... :biggrin:

Wahahaha....+++++ 1
Famous food started from weird location. Some scared to step in, some must eat only can sleep.
i think i'm in "must eat" group. :rofl:

as promise, Meng Chai Kopitiam beef keow teow soup. Halal. + sorts of breakfast meal.
In the picture preparing keow teow is the tauke.
locate at Bagan Luar, Butterworth. (can reach Alliance Bank butterworth, u are very near)
Close on "Tuesday".
Nearby to Ah Khoon Lor Mee (Non-Halal) as in post #440.

Attachments

• DSC_02281.jpg
    DSC_02281.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 108
  • DSC_02301.jpg
    DSC_02301.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 120
  • DSC_02311.jpg
    DSC_02311.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 118
  • DSC_02321.jpg
    DSC_02321.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Refer to post #440 too. But Wisma TM side, behind UOB bank butterworth.
There's nasi kandar - Jamal. 11.30pm start business. One of the famous nasi kandar beratur too.
On a good day, long queue, i can smoke 2 cigg just for waiting.:rofl:
Make sure the stall is under "big tree"....i repeat, under "big tree". :biggrin:
Pokok ketapang (tree with big leafs)

Refer to post #440 too. But Wisma TM side, behind UOB bank butterworth.
There's nasi kandar - Jamal. 11.30pm start business. One of the famous nasi kandar beratur too.
On a good day, long queue, i can smoke 2 cigg just for waiting.:rofl:
Make sure the stall is under "big tree"....i repeat, under "big tree". :biggrin:
Pokok ketapang (tree with big leafs)

my friend ajak there once... awesome !!!!

as promise, Meng Chai Kopitiam beef keow teow soup. Halal. + sorts of breakfast meal.
In the picture preparing keow teow is the tauke.
locate at Bagan Luar, Butterworth. (can reach Alliance Bank butterworth, u are very near)
Close on "Tuesday".
Nearby to Ah Khoon Lor Mee (Non-Halal) as in post #440.

Wah! saliva dripping.....Beef noodles.....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

Makan, from penang mainland. This thread mostly KL, PJ , Selangor area...etc.
Just now went for supper with my tech. Night shift.
Go to usual secret shop, nasi kandar - Jalil. Location near "masjid jamek bagan dalam", Butterworth.
The most basic dishes. Open at 12am. Everything fresh cooked.
Tauke, wearing sarung doing business. :biggrin: GST free :listen:

Later, will give another secret place. After work first. lol...

If open at 12am, close what time?:driver:

Close like 9am.

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

Bro driftking,uncle VR, must try that beef keow teow soup when u in penang.
Is halal. Actually my malay fren sit beside me only. He dig in, i pulak take pictures. :biggrin:
BTW, he intro me that place. :listen:

Close like 9am.

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

Bro driftking,uncle VR, must try that beef keow teow soup when u in penang.
Is halal. Actually my malay fren sit beside me only. He dig in, i pulak take pictures. :biggrin:
BTW, he intro me that place. :listen:

Means is midnight to breakfast business specially for night shift people.....fuh!

Yah! The pictures you posted on the beef noodle very nice woh!:driver:

Beef noodle cost 7 bucks. + drink. 10 bucks will do.
generous amount of beef, some vein + stomach....hariaaa :eating:
choices of rm 6,7,8,9. That 7 hit the spot.

Pictures of nasi kandar bawah pokok ketapang. Butterworth.
View attachment 563368
View attachment 563369

Sometimes now sure it is luck, people's taste buds differ, marketing or what? Have been to some so called long queue food places, hawkers, stalls etc., but don't know what the fuss is all about. Some just taste normal only, but people will queue up long long queue just waiting for it....:confused::confused:

Yes true, majority is not local penang, butterworth who line up for nasi kandar

nasi kandar pokok ketapang...perrgghh..pergi bak hang..

hahaha, anyway, those fuss one with long que due to outsider, if you go where the locals go, eg: deen maju/deen jelutong/kampung melayu...and so on, they have good food man..

will see you penang in 2/3 years time. :itsme:

Anyway, go eat on weekdays. Will enjoy more than on friday, saturday or pub holidays.

If you have the time, usually that is the case. You go off peak time, enjoy more. For you since shift work won't clash with normal time folks.....lol:driver:

Sometimes now sure it is luck, people's taste buds differ, marketing or what? Have been to some so called long queue food places, hawkers, stalls etc., but don't know what the fuss is all about. Some just taste normal only, but people will queue up long long queue just waiting for it....:confused::confused:

Yea speaking of this, u reminded me of Nasi Lemak Anak Dara... after visiting my best friend's grave in Shah Alam, i took the time to go this Nasi Lemak Anak Dara n want to see what is the commotion all about until my other friends begging me to have a bite.

ee7d04141800115a4bca3f978aa8b1ea.jpg

03c8.jpg

So far, to me nothing much taste normal... i think bcoz she is hot that's why a lot go there... but Chicken in ok la.. sadly in her area there are more than 10 Nasi Lemak stalls and her's the one with overcrowded of people !!!

*plz come early as 730AM if u want to have her nasi lemak virgin

here is the cat incident...

meow.jpg

*No, negative comments, bcoz there was some crazy stories including the parliament nasi lemak issue.

and then got Nasi Lemak Pondan... people say this one is better than anak dara

jojie.jpeg

nasilemak-pondan2.jpg

Later got this terrible one called Nasi Lemak GAY... claimed is Gerai Adi Yusof which i dont think that was his attention bcoz of rainbow n gay pics.

4405352761001_5379125440001_5379107921001-vs.jpg

Nasi Lemak Gay Causes a Stir - THE STAR

Nasi-Lemak-Gay-ini-merupakan-pencabar-pertama-Nasi-Lemak-Pondan1.jpg

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom