Flood into car - Where is the hole?

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Dear forumers and sifus...

The past 2 days has seen a serious hurricane grade storm in KK, Sabah. Many places flooded and many cars fxxked. Many workshop flourished ^^.

Today, I stopped a a place where the flood is 1 - 1.5 ft high. I decided to go anyways because there is a cars behind me. Inconvenient to turn around. SO I put first gear and stomped! I cross fast, but the flood water came in my firewall. Drivers side a few splashes but passenger side is serious sh*t! Imagine a cup of water pouring down. That was how it is... My heart so pain la...

I am wondering, where is there a hole in the car for such thing to happen? All my door seals are good. I tried to peep at the firewall and it is a bit wet. But I can't see how come like a cup full of water pouring down?

:confused::confused::confused::bawling::bawling:

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
check the gear lever area also bro...it might come from there.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
No man... From the front. Near firewall there.. Like a cup of water pourdown

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
firewall got holes.. for aircond, etc..

if u still not satisfy, jack ur car & crawl under to see

:biggrin:

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
my bad bro.. anyways normally there is a hole or few holes in firewall for wiring,piping,etc to come in ... so maybe when u rushed into the flood, the water reached up and came pouring in through those holes....

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Yeah I know firewall got some holes... But the water does not drip. Its like gushing it. But the situation just now was really bad la... I am lucky didn't hydrolock.

So is it normal that the water gush in instead of just drip?

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
the hole not small bro... and the gushing in part depends ..if you went pretty fast, and there was lots of water, and firewall hole is pretty big, yeah, there is a chance it comes gushing in....since you mention it was a pretty bad flood/situation...its no suprise bro...maybe can try inspect from the engine bay area with a strong flashlight or go under the dashboard and see..maybe can roughly see where it came from.

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
its normal if u drove a kancil... try following a dump truck in one... the smell peek thru :banghead:

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
Hi bro Veloc. Almost same problem as mine. But my car always flooded below big carpet after raining.
I also could not find where is the hole. It only flood at right side. Now, I always open drain cap on the floor to get water out.
Mine is almost not noticeable coz it flood under carpet.
Btw, I still havent check at steering coupling area.

nadziad

Known Member
May 14, 2011
johor
i also having the same problem after raining...if u a proton user...keep in mind if u did change your door speaker...make sure ask the shop to seal the speaker hole

Attachments

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
i think all cars also have hole for speakers rite? unless u like the speaker and the magnet to be installed outside....new fashion?

nadziad

Known Member
May 14, 2011
johor
i think all cars also have hole for speakers rite? unless u like the speaker and the magnet to be installed outside....new fashion?
yeah it right...but proton cars have some plastic casing that fits the speaker...it protect the speaker from been wet by raining...other speaker didnt fit into the casing...

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
oic...but other speaker also when u remove it also got hole rite?

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
perhaps from the cover that covers the steering coupling.it doesn't fit tightly
Veloc mentioned its gushing from the passenger side bro..

Hi bro Veloc. Almost same problem as mine. But my car always flooded below big carpet after raining.
I also could not find where is the hole. It only flood at right side. Now, I always open drain cap on the floor to get water out.
Mine is almost not noticeable coz it flood under carpet.
Btw, I still havent check at steering coupling area.
heavy flood or normal small flood also got water coming in bro? cause for water to come in through firewall must be quite heavy/high...

if can try to remove the carpet after rain and find the source is the best... could be coming through your door seal or gear lever area also....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Greetings everyone...
i'm currently driving a '03 manual Iswara sedan.My engine setup is like this:
4-2-1 extractor with stock piping,infinity swirl centre bullet and Pro1 muffler
open air filter with aftermarket intake pipe with cyclone device
HKS voltage stabilizer with 6-point grounding wire

if anyone can suggest to me anymore minor modification can be done to increase the engine response??is changing the piping to 2" size is good??or sumthing wrong with my setup??

feel free to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience