- Fibreglass -

coldfusionpower

Known Member
May 29, 2005
planet earth
dingdong said:
eh cold fusion...u know where else to get the fibreglass and resin ?
i know two places where you can get it but nowdays are very expensive. every week also price goes up. there's one at kampung melayu subang and another at puchong industrial park.

minimum order

Puchong : Resin = 10kg , rm12/kg . Fibreglass MAP = 100m (1 roll). Hardener = 20kg , rm20/kg

Kampung Melayu Subang : Resin = 5kg , rm16/kg . Fiberglass MAP = 1kg (can't remember price). Hardener = 1/2kg , rm25/kg

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
hmmm, pretty expensive. but from the amount of raw material, I think you can make a lot of fibreglass parts oredi..

coldfusionpower

Known Member
May 29, 2005
planet earth
ken yeang said:
hmmm, pretty expensive. but from the amount of raw material, I think you can make a lot of fibreglass parts oredi..
yup . last time bought 10kg of map fg. still have some more after make a door panel and front bumper ...

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
coldfusion power,

I'm interested learning DIy fibrework. Can you teach-teach me abit?? I belanja u kopi-peng and rawty chanai after that...Can ar?

coldfusionpower

Known Member
May 29, 2005
planet earth
ken yeang said:
coldfusion power,

I'm interested learning DIy fibrework. Can you teach-teach me abit?? I belanja u kopi-peng and rawty chanai after that...Can ar?
sure no problem ... just drop me a line .... sms/call ....

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
make a diy day la..or tt..i also wan learn ler...

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
war..there are now 2 students want to belajar DIY oredi...Anybady wants to learn DIY fibre????

edgar_raphael

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
Hi all, it was me who is the one from East Malaysia and claimed that it is easy to get access to fibreglass products in Sarawak as one of the members here had said.

Anyway, it may be hard for you guys to obtain them in small quantity unlike in Sarawak, hence, what I would suggest is to 'group buy' , easy and cheaper when you guys are sharing all the cost.

Not everyone is allergic to fibreglass, I am not :) I did everything with my bare hands with no protection gloves and clothes or whatever. It is not particularly harmful unless you cut yourself with the hardened matts or when doing the grinding because the debris and micro pieces of the cut fibreglass can attack/cut your skin when in contact and sharp enough to cause irritation. Please do not rub or scrub your hands or any body surface, but go straight to washing the debris away with soap and water and you will be fine, well that works for me.

The ratio portion of hardener to mix in to the resin really depends on you, put less if you want a softer surface compound and longer period to completely harden the fibreglass, or mix in more, if you want a stiff hard surface compound which will fully harden up in a couple of hours, but the stiffer the surface compound, the easier it is to crack and losses its rigidity strength.

Hope this little information helps, and for references, I attached my DIY Fibreglass Eyelids which I did, for like more than a year ago

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=19287

Any other questions, please direct here and I will assist you if I can, cheers.

Last edited:

coldfusionpower

Known Member
May 29, 2005
planet earth
edgar_raphael said:
Not everyone is allergic to fibreglass, I am not :) I did everything with my bare hands with no protection gloves and clothes or whatever. It is not particularly harmful unless you cut yourself with the hardened matts or when doing the grinding because the debris and micro pieces of the cut fibreglass can attack/cut your skin when in contact and sharp enough to cause irritation. Please do not rub or scrub your hands or any body surface, but go straight to washing the debris away with soap and water and you will be fine, well that works for me.

Hope this little information helps, and for references, I attached my DIY Fibreglass Eyelids which I did, for like more than a year ago

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=19287

Any other questions, please direct here and I will assist you if I can, cheers.
well , the first time i'm also like that . no protection at all . but after one or two projects, my skin cannot tahan it lah . about the grinding, resperitor is a must . that mask thingy. anyway , nice DIY bro !!

coldfusionpower

Known Member
May 29, 2005
planet earth
ken yeang said:
war..there are now 2 students want to belajar DIY oredi...Anybady wants to learn DIY fibre????

aiyah .. we all just can meet up lar . discuss while yam cha or eat roti canai kari banjir. i'm also a beginner maa . need to improve alot of things.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Brader colffusionpower,

Good idea.....btw, wat is roti chanai kari banjir?? me curious la....me just kg. boy, don't know the world.....:regular_smile:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
coldfusion : What did you use to get the door mould? I like your door la wei. I wanna DIY the door too!

Did you make the door to overlap the original panel or did you make an entirely new panel? Very nice indeed!

Ken : Roti canai kari banjir is the roti canai with a tonne of curry gravy on it until it's flooded. Very good way to eat roti canai!

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Izso,

Wooooo....put so much kari to the roti chanai...I think the mamak boss will stare at you for eating so much of his kari and only eating one roti chanai......LOL

coldfusionpower

Known Member
May 29, 2005
planet earth
Izso said:
coldfusion : What did you use to get the door mould? I like your door la wei. I wanna DIY the door too!

Did you make the door to overlap the original panel or did you make an entirely new panel? Very nice indeed!

Ken : Roti canai kari banjir is the roti canai with a tonne of curry gravy on it until it's flooded. Very good way to eat roti canai!
for your information , my car don't have a door panel so i have to make it from scratch. made it with plywood. why not check out my website. it have picture of "The Making" part.

coldfusionpower

Known Member
May 29, 2005
planet earth
ken yeang said:
Izso,

Wooooo....put so much kari to the roti chanai...I think the mamak boss will stare at you for eating so much of his kari and only eating one roti chanai......LOL
wakakakkaka ...

C

chilskater

i found one type of fibre glass mat...it is like kain instead of typical we found/use..my fren told me it is fibre glass+kain..

coldfusionpower

Known Member
May 29, 2005
planet earth
chilskater said:
i found one type of fibre glass mat...it is like kain instead of typical we found/use..my fren told me it is fibre glass+kain..
yaa . i know that one. it was easier to work with but on for flat area. not to good on bends.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just want to share some pictures of some Extreme Engine Mods....
All from Tom Yam Land....

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience