Fiat Coupe

Jackie Leong

1,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
KL, Malaysia
cooltechz.blogspot.com
Hi,

does anybody own one? i'd like to know some feedback regarding this model because i might be interested in getting one. there are different types of model for the fiat coupe right? (1.6L turbo, 1.6L non-turbo, 2.0 twin turbo and stuff liddat)

before i go about searching for it, mind telling me the pros and cons of this ride? (eg: fuel consumption, handling, spareparts, maintenance wise..)

thanks a lot :)

mafia_boyz

Known Member
Dec 9, 2004
Visit site
my uncle owns a bright yellow... fiat coupe turbo... if not mistaken putting out at least 200 bhp.. but it is a pretty impressive car... able to cucuk a evo 6 all the way... haha.. not saving evo is bad.. but i dun think can beat an evo.... in my point of view... the look is so so only... if you really want to get a turbo car.. might as well get a real turbo charged one like a WRX... evo.... lots more in the market..

mafia_boyz

Known Member
Dec 9, 2004
Visit site
i dun think now got such a prob as over heating... now most car manufacturere spend millions in their R&D department... before driving my scooby my first car was a 1.8 twin spark 155.... followed by a 156 2.5 V6...... no prob at all.... but i got to admit... continental cars got better interior... not being bias....

LS1

Known Member
Oct 18, 2004
penang
yup..evo and wrx...they r good car..my dream car too...but no money....
Fiat Coupe 16v and 20v...they r way cheaper.....used 16v around rm55k-rm60k..and used 20v around 80-95k....

Jackie Leong

1,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
KL, Malaysia
cooltechz.blogspot.com
Originally posted by LS1@Feb 15 2005, 23:36
yup..evo and wrx...they r good car..my dream car too...but no money....
Fiat Coupe 16v and 20v...they r way cheaper.....used 16v around rm55k-rm60k..and used 20v around 80-95k....
that's the reason that lures me to getting one.. i have sedans and a small car at home, so having a coupe / 2 door car for me to drive around is quite okay as i drive alone most of the time..

anymore feedbacks? :D

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
the fiat coupe turbo is a different range of car compared to wrx and evo. my opinion is that if you're always driving alone, just go for it as its a pure enthusiast car. but bear in mind the maintenance cost and parts and so on.

of coz u don't get mind boggling acceleration from the coupe as compared to the evos but each car has different build quality and you're rewarded for the sheer driving pleasure and handling of this car. plus, it looks a lot nicer interior wise as compared to the japanese sedan turbo.

i don't know if i should say this or not but from my past experience riding in various frens car, the evo, wrx and the coupe, i'd say the evo and wrx are so darn quick off the line. the kind of feeling when a large lorry smacks into your back and your whole car just pulls away above 3000RPM to redline. the coupe on the other hand has got a rather linear power curve whereby your car just pushes and pushes all the way to redline though acceleration is not as quick as evo. but one thing u realise that once the evo/wrx reaches 140kmh and above, the car tends to "stop pulling away" and this is when the coupe shows it real colour continue to push till you reach 200kmh...and still pulling away.

but of coz each car has their own ads and disads so if you're really serious i suggest you test drive both cars.

prozac

1,000 RPM
Jan 18, 2004
Visit site
Power delivery on turbocharged continentals is better spread out compared to Japanese ones. Why? It's so much easier to control and well balanced. Even the latest WRX has a flatter torque curve compared to last time.

The Fiat Coupe is an excellent car, the best being the 20VT+ which is a 20valve 5 cylinder turbo'd engine with a 6 speed gearbox. Clutch is a little heavier than your daily manual but the car feels more solid than Japanese cars. But always make sure that you have 30% more than the cost of the car alone as you'll seriously need that amount for maintenance.

moppy

Known Member
Feb 9, 2004
Originally posted by prodigy@Feb 16 2005, 08:29
the fiat coupe turbo is a different range of car compared to wrx and evo. my opinion is that if you're always driving alone, just go for it as its a pure enthusiast car. but bear in mind the maintenance cost and parts and so on.

of coz u don't get mind boggling acceleration from the coupe as compared to the evos but each car has different build quality and you're rewarded for the sheer driving pleasure and handling of this car. plus, it looks a lot nicer interior wise as compared to the japanese sedan turbo.

i don't know if i should say this or not but from my past experience riding in various frens car, the evo, wrx and the coupe, i'd say the evo and wrx are so darn quick off the line. the kind of feeling when a large lorry smacks into your back and your whole car just pulls away above 3000RPM to redline. the coupe on the other hand has got a rather linear power curve whereby your car just pushes and pushes all the way to redline though acceleration is not as quick as evo. but one thing u realise that once the evo/wrx reaches 140kmh and above, the car tends to "stop pulling away" and this is when the coupe shows it real colour continue to push till you reach 200kmh...and still pulling away.

but of coz each car has their own ads and disads so if you're really serious i suggest you test drive both cars.
I agree too. Power wise evo/wrx are always higher than the Fiat.

Is Fiat AWD? If not, that's why you said that after 140km/h evo/wrx are stop pulling away. Well, I don't think so, I guess maybe after 170km/h.

My car can stretch up to 180km/h without any notice of pulling away.

:unsure:

links

1,500 RPM
May 26, 2004
thats my dream car. guess it can be the first car i will buy if oneday i come back to malaysia to work..you should try to get the 20v turbo 6 speed version which comes with brembo brakes.

coupe does not have the over heat problem and the maintanance is not that high. the parts may be expensive but the reliability is there.

the stock ecu is still advance when compared to those jpn current makes..it has trigger boost function if not mistaken and the engine is very reliable as its inherited from the famous lancia delta integra which won the WRC in the early 90s.

the stock turbo 20v can go up to 270kmh. The engine can withstand long duration with the turbo boosting without losing too much performance. i am not sure whether the turbine is using the engine oil for cooling or not.

the main attraction is the coupe is designed by pininfarina who also designed the ferrari cars...for me its a affortable ferrari with different label...anyway..fiat own ferrari!!

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
ask Will78 in ZTH for feedback. he sold his fiat turbo (98) for a altezza .

Fiat Coupe Turbo is bang for buck. If one likes turbo, the fiat comes very equipped stock.
The only setback is cost of modding is $$$$. try importing mods from euro (EU exchange sucks)

other than that is a fine machine.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi everyone n good day...I saw a lot of tread about upgrade BBK...but don't seems to get a lot of info about it...market now has a lots of brand..which will be your option to choose if your upgrading and anyone review on it...
The of brands are as follow

1)Brembo from Evo or DC5
2)Sumitumo 4pots
3)VTTR 4 or 6pots
4)Grippen 6pots
5)K Sport 8pots

Saw some selling off the Grippen at very good deals...any problem or reason by selling it off? Taiwan BBK I notice are almost the same...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience