Fairlady piston

zulfadly

Known Member
Sep 16, 2007
guys,i need your help..

i use evo engine and fairlady piston..but i have a big problem with my engine..1st,my fairlady piston always crack at piston ring..2nd,my compression is too high=14.3..i use evo crank and vr4 conrod..but i was modified a conrod to make a piston go up level with my block..i want suggestion anybody use a evo engine with fairlady piston..:banghead:

zulfadly

Known Member
Sep 16, 2007
guys,i need your help..

i use evo engine and fairlady piston..but i have a big problem with my engine..1st,my fairlady piston always crack at piston ring..2nd,my compression is too high=14.3..i use evo crank and vr4 conrod..but i was modified a conrod to make a piston go up level with my block..i want suggestion anybody use a evo engine with fairlady piston..:banghead::banghead::banghead:

DonJuanDeMarco

Known Member
May 10, 2007
bro..

it not the right way to tune you ebo...

firstly decide how many Hp & torque do you want to..then select the material..
2nd do the calculate compression ratio (not the CR test)..if turbo the cr 8.1 to 8.6 depend
how big your turbo & the hp that u want to do...

last do the BLUEPRINT & BALANCING..

zulfadly

Known Member
Sep 16, 2007
now my evo hp is 4++..how to calculate a cmpression ratio?and i use AR50 trbo..so how to solve my prblem?plz tell me detail..coz i want rebuilt my engine in thiz month..

killerloop25

Known Member
Aug 31, 2004
Don Juan,
Please help explain to us how you calculate compression ratios? Do we need any special tools or etc?

zulfadly

Known Member
Sep 16, 2007
yup..the cmpression ratio must know when rebuit the engine..so why you say the tuner must know?now my question is how to calculate the cmpression ratio?n not who know to calculate the cmpression ratio..:rolleyes:

n/a_tune

Known Member
Oct 21, 2005
u send yur block to gt auto lah,, orr pm me,,, not more garage know to calculate c/r la,,

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
hehehe just wanted to say a quote
"material , kite orang pilih" hehehehe :wavey:

killerloop25

Known Member
Aug 31, 2004
Question here is how to calculate compression ratio since compression ratio was mentioned earlier. Its very true that not many w'shop know to measure compression ratio. FYI....sending your block alone to GT Auto won't help get your compression ratio.

Bump: Question here is how to calculate compression ratio since compression ratio was mentioned earlier. Its very true that not many w'shop know to measure compression ratio. FYI....sending your block alone to GT Auto won't help get your compression ratio.

zulfadly

Known Member
Sep 16, 2007
yes..but now i want to know why my cmpression is to high when i use vg piston..so now i need your help what i must do to use vg piston in low cmpression..bcoz 3 times my vg piston crack at piston ring..i use 1.5mm matal gsket..n 280deg cam inlet & ext..but i modified my cnrod to make a piston go up to same with my top block..if i not modified my cnrod,the piston not go up same at my top block..n i use evo crankshaft..so the question is why my vg always crack..what a problem?what i should to do to safety if i use vg pston..so u all plzz give me ur suggestion to me..i really penng kpala think about that..

zulfadly

Known Member
Sep 16, 2007
yes..but now i want to know why my cmpression is to high when i use vg piston..so now i need your help what i must do to use vg piston in low cmpression..bcoz 3 times my vg piston crack at piston ring..i use 1.5mm matal gsket..n 280deg cam inlet & ext..but i modified my cnrod to make a piston go up to same with my top block..if i not modified my cnrod,the piston not go up same at my top block..n i use evo crankshaft..so the question is why my vg always crack..what a problem?what i should to do to safety if i use vg pston..so u all plzz give me ur suggestion to me..i really penng kpala think about that..:banghead::banghead::banghead:

killerloop25

Known Member
Aug 31, 2004
Huh.....fomularnye

J2 x Bore x Stroke =( ) devide CV

Are you sure or not bro....hope you're not misleading us. Don't end up one blind person leading another.

chrissyong

500 RPM
Aug 14, 2007
custom make your piston cut abit firing surface and use 2mm gasket maybe will help u abit haha:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

DonJuanDeMarco

Known Member
May 10, 2007
bro..

it not the right way to tune you ebo...

firstly decide how many Hp & torque do you want to..then select the material..
2nd do the calculate compression ratio (not the CR test)..if turbo the cr 8.1 to 8.6 depend
how big your turbo & the hp that u want to do...

last do the BLUEPRINT & BALANCING..
this the answer for your question bro....
tak paham gak i dont know wat to say anymore.....

Bump:
Huh.....fomularnye

J2 x Bore x Stroke =( ) devide CV

Are you sure or not bro....hope you're not misleading us. Don't end up one blind person leading another.

hahahhahahha

killerloop25

Known Member
Aug 31, 2004
Sorry lah bro....but that's not the way to calculate compression ratio....sorry but your formula is irrelevant.

Moving ahead....which piston is giving you trouble? There are 4 of them so which one is the problem one? Was the fairlady pistons recommended by your mechanic?

Nats autoparts

Known Member
Oct 18, 2007
guys,i need your help..

i use evo engine and fairlady piston..but i have a big problem with my engine..1st,my fairlady piston always crack at piston ring..2nd,my compression is too high=14.3..i use evo crank and vr4 conrod..but i was modified a conrod to make a piston go up level with my block..i want suggestion anybody use a evo engine with fairlady piston..:banghead:

you may have those piston ring gap wrongly - too tight - thus causing expansion overly and cracked the piston ring
reason supporting for this may due to

-fuel
-spark plug
-turbo
-tuner

:smokin:

Havok_KiD

500 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
i am wondering why are u having so much issue with VG piston
i have been running a 2.2l crank with vg30 piston.....whacking on gt30r turbo samo
i am using 1.5mm metal gasket...all the way till i sold my engine it was working fine...
there would be only 2 reason for me if the piston melt at the side is
1) your fuel is not enough to support your hp
2) your tuning or its been set up rongly
as far as i know vg piston can take high pressure and i was whacking at 1.5bar happily...

anyway its my 2 cents bro

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi fellow ZTHians,

Need some help here.

I drive the ae101 (21year old car) with stock 4afe engine. It was the family car before being passed over to me. In my hand, I bring the car for service/engine oil change every 5000km/every 3 months.

So the problem is: the engine oil level will drop till almost empty before 5000km service interval (less than 3 months). Have tried using different oil rating but still the same problem and recently realised the problem is worsening. Last time...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience