Extractor thermowrap.......

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Slingshot

Known Member
Guys,
Do anyone here knows where i could get my extractor wrapped with the thermo-insulator. The fiber type...Any recommendations?

Last edited:
its best to get the better one
u get the cheap one let say from autobags
u will cry cos after less than a month it will start to BREAK into pieces
get something with extra ingredient and protection
see in N1 or KSP
best so far i saw is SARD , wrap + ceramic

MY MECHANIC IN SERDANG has 1...USA thermowrap..unused i think coz still wrapped up...donno whether 4 sale but its lying around in his shop like 4 ages...let me know if u want n i can arrange it 4 u...

Slingshot said:
Guys,
Do anyone here knows where i could get my extractor wrapped with the thermo-insulator. The fiber type...Any recommendations?

can we wrap using tin foil?
like those which use to wrap food for baking.

u take lighter u burn the tin foil... see how it is... the result is how it'll be on ur extractor.

Sorry, newbie here. how it will help by wrapping the extractor and downpipe??

is tat true after a while being wrapped the extractor get cracks?

got newspaper ad that says can spray coat with ceramics.. is that better? would it be more expensive?

i use to wrap my extractor and exhaust piping at JFA sunway
they charge me rm250 for one roll.."thermo tec" the brand is from u.s.a and its made from ceramic..not fiber...the fiber type of course it will breaks easy.the one they sell cheap.
its good to wrap the extractor cause u will really gain the extractor horsepower...rather then u u dont wrap them.
cheers =]

psyk : pass me the contact for that ad bro
thank you.

reason they coat it :
We offer a proprietary high luster aluminized ceramic coating that is unsurpassed in order to:

Reduce Heat
Extend Header Life
Show Quality Finish
Decrease Under Hood Temperature

i would also like to wrap
but my stock gsr extractor already has a metal heat shield which is bolted on

psyk said:
got newspaper ad that says can spray coat with ceramics.. is that better? would it be more expensive?

this is far more interesting, i would like to know too. details...

continental_drifter said:
its good to wrap the extractor cause u will really gain the extractor horsepower...rather then u u dont wrap them.
cheers =]
out of curiosity what does "extractor horsepower" means or isit extra horsepower?..
would anyone care to explain how horsepower can be gained by wrapping the extractors?

thanks bros..

emmm...1 question

is there any difference in ceramic coating and
tis ceramic thermowrap tat been discussing

as far as im concern, ceramic coating is to reduce ur extractor temp, right
so wat will it do to our normal daily driving?

wrapping the extrator is to prevent the hot heat to spread to the other component nearby like the bumper, air cond thingy. it shouldnt be giving extra power coz its just act as an insulator... correct me if i am wrong

sum1 said if we wrap the xtractor...the heat doesnt come out which givs pressure 2 the xtractor n may coz it 2 bocor...izit true???

Top Bottom