evo head on 1.8 gsr turbo!!

4segiBiskut

Known Member
Dec 12, 2004
sungi besi
Visit site
i have see mivec head on gsr turbo engine.....

but is it posible to put in a evo head to gsr turbo?

if any info please share.....

4segiBiskut

Known Member
Dec 12, 2004
sungi besi
Visit site
jinkl- said:
nops , not posible
case closed

what do thay mean by gsr evo?

is it that thay convert engine kosong evo to
gsr components?

agasl

Known Member
Apr 21, 2004
Pantai Hillpark, Kuching
www.pro-hatch.net
lancer evo got gsr & rs which are 2.0 turbo (4G63T).
lancer gsr is 1.8 turbo (4G93T).

Putting engine evo kosong wif lancer gsr component is like putting an AMD processor on an Intel motherboard. Hope u get my metaphore.

hamsap

1,500 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
PJ/ KL
4segiBiskut said:
what do thay mean by gsr evo?

is it that thay convert engine kosong evo to
gsr components?
Nope. Let's take Evo 6 for an example.

Lancer Evolution 6 GSR means it comes in a full-spec trim. (ie, power window, climate control, etc,etc)

A Lancer Evolution 6 RS means it doesnt come with all the fancy, luxurious item in standard form. Mitsu had such trim/ spec out from the factory targetting those who is gonna get the car into racing, ie rallying, etc,etc.

Some RS models has shorter gear ratios, etc as compared to their GSR counter parts. (Generation depended)

They word "GSR" that they use in the Evolution series has got no relation with Lancer 4G93T GSR.

MitonCT26

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Seremban
agasl said:
lancer evo got gsr & rs which are 2.0 turbo (4G63T).
lancer gsr is 1.8 turbo (4G93T).

Putting engine evo kosong wif lancer gsr component is like putting an AMD processor on an Intel motherboard. Hope u get my metaphore.

Putting an evo engine kosong complete set into GSR wirings is possible. you need to add a few more wires to it's harness and it works. :wink:

4segiBiskut

Known Member
Dec 12, 2004
sungi besi
Visit site
MitonCT26 said:
Putting an evo engine kosong complete set into GSR wirings is possible. you need to add a few more wires to it's harness and it works. :wink:

respect bro....

so u have see anyone with this masterpeace.....?

a guy here in zth pm me told me that i just need to change the turbo and the injectors and it is possible.

Last edited:

MitonCT26

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Seremban
4segiBiskut said:
respect bro....

so u have see anyone with this masterpeace.....?

a guy here in zth pm me told me that i just need to change the turbo and the injectors and it is possible.
it's an old skool trick lah...everyone who is an oldtimer in engine conversions should know.

the fella who PM you tells you crap. if just changing injectors and turbine can become evo engine, then evo halfcuts no need to sell aready... :biggrin:

4segiBiskut

Known Member
Dec 12, 2004
sungi besi
Visit site
MitonCT26 said:
it's an old skool trick lah...everyone who is an oldtimer in engine conversions should know.

the fella who PM you tells you crap. if just changing injectors and turbine can become evo engine, then evo halfcuts no need to sell aready... :biggrin:
sorry bro,

i ment was with the evo engine kosong + injectors+tdo5 or 6 turbine +gsr component ....

is it posible?

MitonCT26

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Seremban
can..no problem. i tot you say gsr engine put evo injector and evo turbine become evo engine..heheahheaha...

can be done.

agasl

Known Member
Apr 21, 2004
Pantai Hillpark, Kuching
www.pro-hatch.net
Why would u want an evo engine kosong wif 4G93T wirings + ECU. You'll be downgrading & not fully utillizing the evo potential. U might be running slower than ordinary 4G93Ts & less reliable. Its better using 4G93T complete engine + TD05 + EVO wiring + ECU. If ur talking bout if it's possible, then of course, Malaysia BOLEH ma. But is it practical?

I tot evo head can only plug n play wif 4G6X series block & 4G93T head can only fit 4G9X series blocks. Please do clarify & correct my facts.

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
MitonCT26 said:
Don't confuse people lar... he just giving example only maa... we all know u 'very knowledgable' in cars... but thats not the argument here... he just wants to get his point through only maa... now u start a whole new world of confusion to some poor people... and start asking all sorta questions about rojak-ing engines! =Þ Which is entirely out of the topic suggested in the first place... should have been closed after the 1st posting! =Þ

Btw... how are u la? Long time no see/hear... still working in Garang auto ar? Remember me anot?

MitonCT26

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Seremban
alvin24 said:
Don't confuse people lar... he just giving example only maa... we all know u 'very knowledgable' in cars... but thats not the argument here... he just wants to get his point through only maa... now u start a whole new world of confusion to some poor people... and start asking all sorta questions about rojak-ing engines! =Þ Which is entirely out of the topic suggested in the first place... should have been closed after the 1st posting! =Þ

Btw... how are u la? Long time no see/hear... still working in Garang auto ar? Remember me anot?
Yes alvin-san, i still remember you. i'm not involved in that shop anymore., nor i give a damn to them... :biggrin: I'm Working in a stable environment now with a comfortable salary to continue my quest for ultimate power in my saga and ultimate ICE in my daily driver Ford.

Okay...sorry for the confusion, this is the conclusion. anymore postings in this thread i dont want to know anymore.

Basically 4G93 CANNOT fit in 4G63 head (evo and GSR is just a layman term, nor there is 4G93T and 4G63T engine no on your evo, GSR, vr-4 block and ap. ) if your mechanic can do this and can start the engine without leaks...i will personally go to this workshop and i will salute him 9 9 :rock:

the reason why i stated 4G63 can mate into your 4G93 harness is because both wirings between evo and gsr 1.8 are almost identical albeit some missing wires and some mismatched ones. redo it and it works.

Doubters? will downgrade and car becomes slow? cannot work? hmmm...you guys did not spend 3 years of your life working in a workshop 24/7/365. i know what i am talking and i dont bullshit execpt for joke purposes! ask alvin as he knows my character. :biggrin:

Ok..confusion? because someone still thinks that i using EVO components into GSR engine. what i mean is this :

Example : you are running 4G93 turbo engine complete transplant from halfcut and wirings. let's say one fine day your engine decides to retire prematurely by punching a hole on the engine block. what you can do?

you can buy one complete evo engine, complete with inlet and exhaust manifold, starter, a/c compressor...etc. etc...sort of like buying a putra or GTi 1.8 engine from a seller.. what also got. you can plonk in the engine, with some additional wirings and modification to your existing GSR wiring, and get a piggyback ECU or EVO computer box, it CAN WORK. no power loss, no funny engine behaviour, no problems.

old skool mechanics know this trick. if your mechanic dunno about this, he is not a modder. or should i correctly say, hardcore modder.

nowadays all play management already so all problems solved.

so conclusion?

EVO engine part will not fit into GSR 1.8 engine part. END OF STORY.

P/S: alvin...time to go for complete GSR setup la...want or not i found some complete set together with inlet/exhaust manifold lying around some chopshops... :biggrin:

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
hahaha... me no more 4G91 now ler bro... got some other 'worker' under the hood liauz... muahahaha...

not to confuse anyone, this joke between me and miton:
Can say i running an EVO GSR under the hood! ahahahaha...

So long never see u liauz... come out yum cha or s'thing lar... 4GTuners gang still yum cha every friday punya... just that we're not in darussalam liau, we're all in syed ariff. All the oldtimers still there, webby, sleepwalker... etc. Drop by one day laaaa... =Þ

Anyway, just to add to the argument:

Don't believe everything people say lar... I know this one joker claims his engine is a GSR, open bonnet see it's an n/a... explaination: He using GSR block on his GTi.... =Þ btw, there's also actually no such thing as a GSR N/A... its just a call term.

EVO head on GSR block... its like trying to fit 500ml mineral water bottle cap onto a coca-cola glass bottle. It just doesn't fit!

Last edited: