Evo 8 MR Turbo Not Boosting... URGENT HELP!

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

[email protected]

Known Member
Mar 1, 2009
The problem i have is i was just driving and was boosting in 3rd gear and when i shifted into 4th the turbo wouldnt boost, ive looked at the boost controller and it is not boosting past negative.
I have a few options as to what could be wrong but im unsure:
1. Turbo has jammed
2. A hose or pipe has come off somewhere and is restricting it from boosting
3. The blow off valve has jammed open so it will not boost
Any help as soon as possible would be greatly appreciated as the car is my daily driver and i could fix it today if its an easy solve.
Thanks fellow ZTHians

Last edited by a moderator:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
let me get this straight, the turbo is still not boosting now? or is it not boosting only in fourth gear?

1. there is a posibility, but usually it takes much for the turbine to stop boosting because its jammed, not impossible but because ur car is quite new comparatively, its not likely.. unless sumthing happened prior to dis?
2. i dunno if the evo 8 uses map, but if its using maf as the old generation 4g63t, then looseness of any ic hose wud render ur engine inoperative aka it wud die off and wudnt start. please reconfirm on the map / maf issue. otoh, if any of the intake vacuum hoses are disconnected, iam sure u'll still be able to boost up. if ur actuator vacuum hose disconnected, u'll definitely overboost as the means to manage boost is not functioning
3. dat wud not render u off boost, in fact it wud make ur boost lagg

maybe u can pm me for details, tq

AlucarD

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
1) Should be your wastegate actuator KO edi so open all the time = no boost. Good, better than shut wastegate = kaboom.
2) If on standalone and MAP. Check pop out hose. Check BOV got KO or not.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

bought a used car...how to change to a new number? i dont want the existing number to the car...anyone know/got any lubang to change to new number????

willing to invest on a new bike, but i dont want the bike, just to get the number...please pm/reply back

019-324 9797
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience