Enquiry regarding a thead

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
So...

How much warning must be given out first before a mod can close a thread?

What is the stage considered 'across the border' before a mod can close a thread?

I hope others than mods can answer on this?

Cheers!

Last edited:

infernaL

2,000 RPM
May 22, 2005
N/A
Mizunori,

i agree that not all will respond in the same way. however, it doesn't mean that they can taruh the family or belittle the person until saying that the person is a wasted sperm? isn't that considered personal attack already?

i didn't have a chance to comment in the forum. i actually have the opinion that the 17 y.o. driver is at fault also for reckless driving. to me, it doesn't matter if he is driving a supra or he is riding a bicycle. if he took a risk on a public road, then it just means that he is selfish for not considering other road users. he should learn from that mistake and not do it again. i believe many others have responded along the same lines but with different expressions, some of which constitutes 'taruh-ing'.

i have a friend who teaches advanced driving and he once asked me 'what is speeding'? i said if i don't exceed the speed limit, then i am not speeding. he laughed and said that i was a dangerous driver. why? because speeding isn't dictated by what is written on the sign board. IT IS DRIVING BEYOND YOUR OWN SKILLS, YOUR CAR CAPABILITIES AND WHAT YOU CAN HANDLE IN ANY SITUATION. that, is the truth. many of the seniors here are also replying based on this fact. at the end of the day, in a public road, WHO are we to judge that we can take such risks ON BEHALF of other road users? isn't that itself a reckless thought and decision? if this has been repeated multiple times by different members, what else is there to 'further' discuss when personal attacks are starting to fly?

since you are trying to be objective by saying that the discussion has some valid points, shouldn't you be looking at the contents of the 'taruh-ing' instead of how the mods are doing their work? this is where i am a bit confused and therefore, i gave my feedback here. to me, the 'valid points' have already been repeated numerous times. it is up to the 17 y.o. driver and other forum members to understand what the seniors have said.
What i meant by personal attack is actual harm, a threatening of violence. As I've mention earlier, this is an grey area as everybody has their tolerance to how much flaming one can take.

Regarding the supra thread, I raised the fair-game argument since the driver himself wasn't being too politically correct, but raised a valid point regarding the bystanders not helping out.

Again, as mentioned earlier, the "taruh-ing" without opinions trying to be made would only reflect on the poster himself.

I rather leave a thread open for discussion as there might by other opinions that may not have been covered in thread.

eh? dark child's post considered flame bait? i don't think so. to me, flame bait means something else totally.
Nope, what i meant is, rude comment = flame bait. Comment with intent of provoking an response in terms of even more rude comments or valid point. In this case DarkChild responded with a valid point to the flame bait.

have to read the whole sentence ma... if you take just one part of it... what's the point?

for example :

girl : i'm feeling 'hot'... but i dowan to have 'fun' with you
guy : let's have some 'fun' together (totally ignoring the last part of the sentence)

how la like this? force the girl to have 'fun' together meh?
Yeah but I did make a point on the whole issue as explained.

Tell the girl to take a shower or have a beer la. Then maybe her stance of not having fun will change ?.

- D i a b l o -

500 RPM
Sep 27, 2005
Shah Alam
bosstrain.blogspot.com
So...

How much warning must be given out first before a mod can close a thread?

What is the stage considered 'across the border' before a mod can close a thread?

I hope others than mods can answer on this?

Cheers!

Takuya-san,I suggest a trial run of two-mod warning whereby it needs two moderators warning before considering closing.

In my understanding,"across the border" would also include the threadstarter him/herself to address the issue to the mods in a complaint/report before mods want to take action. This is of course,the ideal truth to me but in the case where the TS is also a twat (pun intended) then it's up to the mod's good office to collectively decide if possible.

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
LOL can't belive you fell right for it. You have just proven my opinions.

Isn't this post politically incorrect ? but nevertheless had a valid point in the end ?

Geez...obviously you can't really read

As i mentioned earlier my view on this is not conclusive as the posts have been edited. Instead of getting all defensive of your actions, or rather sounding guilty for it, you mentioned earlier there was an interchange of PMs. Maybe you can post some of it ?. I understand the purpose of you highlighting that case is to avoid the locked thread from becoming such as case.

lol...who are you to judge anyway?again,try pm soneone or use search function

LOL its a discussion, not everybody is going to have a same opinion, hence a forum to discuss it. So if somebody has a different opinion from you, that opinion is automatically wrong ?.

which statement of mine saying you are wrong?both of us are just giving our opinion & carry on the discussion but someone who have no idea what happened jumping his leg & interpreted replies here in his own way.

My fair game view is getting proven at its finest IMO, we get to see some peoples level of disagreeableness in this thread, as i said earlier, dude you need to chill a little.

I would like to apologize if you have taken my points of using your actions as an example of my fair game view.

lol...now acting innocent after heat up the thread?

Oh the irony, just accept the fact that you locked both of the threads unnecessarily in the midst of a powertrip already.
I hope thats not a personal threat or 5115 would have to lock the thread. :rofl:

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

K Takuya, Reason for the back and forth exchanges - I don't see the problem in discussing mod actions as long its constructive ? I mean there is always choices to actions to be taken, my point of this thread ultimately is to discuss what is the best course of action to moderate thread.

Here we go again...read all the replies above,try ask something new dude lol....is getting proven that you can't really read or you just read what u wanted

TitanRev, I agree with your style of moderation, classy. I'm not here to offend anybody, just trying to offer my view, that despite a thread being negative or politically incorrect, there are also points trying to be made. If its just an outright flame, it would reflect the poster's level of maturity by itself.

hope you could really read,or else same lame post will be appear again

i agree that advise should be given in threads before any deletion or lock,i did it on plenty threads but not all threads worth to drop a message.it's just like those sales thread in forum instead of marketplace,do i really need to pm them or reply in their thread?in fact i remove to delete max up to 30 threads/day.there are 80k over member here & thousands over members log in EVERYDAY.rules were set to control the forum & there rules are there for you to read.don't come & cry about it when you break the rules.
Diablo, VR38DETT is a V6 not a V8. LOL

looking forward on something new.:rofl:

Hi Diablo,

trial run of two-mod warning is a good idea but how to make all mod to read all posts?do we need to set a schedule for mod to work on it?and by the time the 2nd mod come in,how bad will the thread goes?

anyway,thanks for your input & hope fellow members have better new idea on how to make zth a better place

XTEC

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2007
btw i can told everyone here some others website (U.S) their moderator will locked the thread just because the thread are very confusing on the subject, whereby there is no personal attack whichsoever happen.even worst ban it from the site.

read the last line what is moderator say " And these will be the final words (of wisdom - not !) in this very confusing topic."

GpsPasSion Forums - nuvi 205w + 255W taiwan version

whereby in ZTH site, the moderator can accept feedback & try to explain to everbody here with patient. sometime even can shoot them & had a jokes with them.

cheers everyone

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
er... isn't this going off topic?

TS wanted to know why the thread was closed. Mods came in to explain.

Now this becomes how a moderator should moderate a forum?

fuyohhhhh.... more drama than HK TVB... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

on a serious note, if any forum members have doubts about how a moderator should act and react, it is best to pm Tom directly. isn't that much more easier than guessing and assuming things? if you have a suggestion to make on how a moderator should moderate a forum, isn't it easier also to directly pm Tom?

bear in mind that you both seek to determine the 'boundaries' of a moderator and wish to feedback on how the mods do their job. to me, this isn't really about the 17 y.o. kid with a supra anymore. if you have doubts about the R&R that mods follow, what use is debating in open forum when normal members like us totally have no idea what R&R the mods follow as they have their own R&R set by Tom?

:smokin:

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

btw i can told everyone here some others website (U.S) their moderator will locked the thread just because the thread are very confusing on the subject, whereby there is no personal attack whichsoever happen.even worst ban it from the site.

read the last line what is moderator say " And these will be the final words (of wisdom - not !) in this very confusing topic."

GpsPasSion Forums - nuvi 205w + 255W taiwan version

whereby in ZTH site, the moderator can accept feedback & try to explain to everbody here with patient. sometime even can shoot them & had a jokes with them.

cheers everyone
tks for this example... another forum which has strict moderation and also implements penalty point system is evolutionm.net

ZTH mods are considered very 'liberal' already...

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

Mizunori,

What i meant by personal attack is actual harm, a threatening of violence. As I've mention earlier, this is an grey area as everybody has their tolerance to how much flaming one can take.
that is your yardstick to gauge personal attack. as a forum moderator, they are responsible to stop personal attacks in the form of written words as well. it is wrong to impose your standards against those of a forum. if you have suggestions on how to improve it, you can always pm the moderators or Tom directly. bear in mind that as a guest at someone else's house, we have no rights to make demands on how they run their houses. this isn't about freedom of speech or anything, this is about imposing on someone else when clearly we don't have the right to. :wavey:

Regarding the supra thread, I raised the fair-game argument since the driver himself wasn't being too politically correct, but raised a valid point regarding the bystanders not helping out.
no one is disputing anything or ignoring any valid points here. i believe the mods are just telling you time and again why they have closed the thread - unnecessary comments.

Again, as mentioned earlier, the "taruh-ing" without opinions trying to be made would only reflect on the poster himself.
which i believe everyone agrees but it doesn't mean that we should allow them to continue or encourage them to continue to be rude or unruly right? :wavey:

I rather leave a thread open for discussion as there might by other opinions that may not have been covered in thread.
of which the main message is DRIVE RESPONSIBLY, and was already expressed in numerous ways. what else is there to say? :confused:

Nope, what i meant is, rude comment = flame bait. Comment with intent of provoking an response in terms of even more rude comments or valid point. In this case DarkChild responded with a valid point to the flame bait.
oh... for a moment, what you wrote sounded like DC was flame baiting. my bad for misunderstanding your words. :wavey:

Tell the girl to take a shower or have a beer la. Then maybe her stance of not having fun will change ?.
by this statement, you mean that you would still force your will on the girl? whether you're coaxing her or demanding from her, its pretty much the same. she doesn't want it but you still insist. fuyoh... :smokin:

XTEC

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2007
wa lan err, essay competition agaknya.
or how to......... :stupid:

khoo198

1,500 RPM
Feb 11, 2009
N9
fortunately i still got potato chips.....:biggrin:

infernaL

2,000 RPM
May 22, 2005
N/A

Clearly you have trouble understanding my posts. Instead of hurling your remarks, can you please explain the parts where you disagree or have another opinion, so I can clarify it to you.

I understand its a hard job to moderate forums, but as stated many times, I see the value in such threads as explained to mizunori77.

What i meant by proving my point, as stated earlier, flamebait generates comments/discussion, which could be constructive or not. In this case you have replied to my flamebait, with your remarks. Hence my point being proven.

As my point is proven, hence my apology for using your post as the target. Again, I would like to apologize if you have taken offence to my comments of your moderation being used prove my point.

mizunori77,
that is your yardstick to gauge personal attack. as a forum moderator, they are responsible to stop personal attacks in the form of written words as well. it is wrong to impose your standards against those of a forum. if you have suggestions on how to improve it, you can always pm the moderators or Tom directly. bear in mind that as a guest at someone else's house, we have no rights to make demands on how they run their houses. this isn't about freedom of speech or anything, this is about imposing on someone else when clearly we don't have the right to.
I understand the troubles with my points to allow such threads to run. In no way I'm telling how the forum should be operated. My comments are merely suggestions in which I feel strongly about in which it may be misunderstood for commands. Whether its taken or not its subject to Tom's discretion.

no one is disputing anything or ignoring any valid points here. i believe the mods are just telling you time and again why they have closed the thread - unnecessary comments.
Reason for my replies often repeating itself, is merely my attempt to explain my point to those who yet to understand it.

which i believe everyone agrees but it doesn't mean that we should allow them to continue or encourage them to continue to be rude or unruly right?
As for the rude replies without comments, it would only make them look shallow and hence my point of the flamebait. By making themselves an easy target to be "taruh-ed", I guess they would soon realise that they have to come with better replies and hopefully in the long run comeout with constructive ones. I guess i have mentioned this in my reply to you earlier - "We all fear the day where insult/flames become faux pas and would turn into constructive arguments.". Fear in this case meaning that by locking the thread such improvements can occur - letting its thread run its course.

of which the main message is DRIVE RESPONSIBLY, and was already expressed in numerous ways. what else is there to say?
One of the other issue left hanging is the final post in the thread, whether similar comments would arise if a such a accident happens to a senior member. I would also like to discuss whether its allowed for P drivers to drive such cars as first cars. If I'm not mistaken its legally required to have a more advanced for higher CC motorbikes. Again, as stated earlier, this is merely suggestion of points to be discussed in the thread.

oh... for a moment, what you wrote sounded like DC was flame baiting. my bad for misunderstanding your words.
No issues, I'm here to explain myself, not hurl unnecessary remarks.

by this statement, you mean that you would still force your will on the girl? whether you're coaxing her or demanding from her, its pretty much the same. she doesn't want it but you still insist. fuyoh...
Instead of the guys insisting can't the girl insist too since she's the who's "hot" in the first place ?. Like the Nike advert theme, always look on the bright side of life ?

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005

Clearly you have trouble understanding my posts. Instead of hurling your remarks, can you please explain the parts where you disagree or have another opinion, so I can clarify it to you.

Im so sorry on your reading difficulties,my answers stated in mine & others replies in previous pages,go find yourself

I understand its a hard job to moderate forums, but as stated many times, I see the value in such threads as explained to mizunori77.

Stated in mine & others replies in previous pages,go find yourself

What i meant by proving my point, as stated earlier, flamebait generates comments/discussion, which could be constructive or not. In this case you have replied to my flamebait, with your remarks. Hence my point being proven.

Stated in mine & others replies in previous pages,go find yourself.There were constructive posts in the thread but the trend of replies are getting worse & i bet you are good in reading other's mind or control ppl's thinking as you sounds confident that everyone will behave.

As my point is proven, hence my apology for using your post as the target. Again, I would like to apologize if you have taken offence to my comments of your moderation being used prove my point.

No apologies needed as you prove nothing but you have no idea who you are talking to & what you are talking at.

mizunori77,

I understand the troubles with my points to allow such threads to run. In no way I'm telling how the forum should be operated. My comments are merely suggestions in which I feel strongly about in which it may be misunderstood for commands. Whether its taken or not its subject to Tom's discretion.

Reason for my replies often repeating itself, is merely my attempt to explain my point to those who yet to understand it.

As for the rude replies without comments, it would only make them look shallow and hence my point of the flamebait. By making themselves an easy target to be "taruh-ed", I guess they would soon realise that they have to come with better replies and hopefully in the long run comeout with constructive ones. I guess i have mentioned this in my reply to you earlier - "We all fear the day where insult/flames become faux pas and would turn into constructive arguments.". Fear in this case meaning that by locking the thread such improvements can occur - letting its thread run its course.

One of the other issue left hanging is the final post in the thread, whether similar comments would arise if a such a accident happens to a senior member. I would also like to discuss whether its allowed for P drivers to drive such cars as first cars. If I'm not mistaken its legally required to have a more advanced for higher CC motorbikes. Again, as stated earlier, this is merely suggestion of points to be discussed in the thread.

No issues, I'm here to explain myself, not hurl unnecessary remarks.

Instead of the guys insisting can't the girl insist too since she's the who's "hot" in the first place ?. Like the Nike advert theme, always look on the bright side of life ?
?

it's proven on my point you got difficulty on reading & you might aswell living in your own world,always make yourself feel better by your own way of thinking eventhough ppl are laughing at you now & yet you don't admit what you did are funny
kindly raise some other enquiries instead of repeating it again & again,answers were there in our replies.Try something like what diablo did.

A friendly reminder:lame posts will be deleted and lamers will be banned.

I don't see any point to let those lamers repeat their Q & ignore our A in this thread,kindly post with constructive comment or else it would be deleted without notice.

This case is like there is a signboard telling you to take off your shoes before get into your friend's house,you asking why shoes need to be taken off & he tell you he don't want to get his house dirty but you insist & saying you have not dirts his house YET and obviously the shoes is dirty,it's just matter of time the house will be full of your shoes print.so what can you expect from your friend?leave the house for you to do whatever you want?i bet that would be the answer or perhaps you will skip this question,again!

no offense to you on the lamer statement,im just using your post as the target because there are nobody else out there.

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
Im seriously sleepy today..last night slept at 4 am.. i guess i just read here only for today :p

infernaL

2,000 RPM
May 22, 2005
N/A

I've read your replies to my questions and had my opinions on them, using your replies to prove my point, not with the intention to insult you.

In a previous reply,

which statement of mine saying you are wrong?both of us are just giving our opinion & carry on the discussion but someone who have no idea what happened jumping his leg & interpreted replies here in his own way.
Isn't this statement an oxymoron since replies may be interpreted differently by individuals and thus the very reason for the discussion - to clarify such differences ?.

Stated in mine & others replies in previous pages,go find yourself.There were constructive posts in the thread but the trend of replies are getting worse & i bet you are good in reading other's mind or control ppl's thinking as you sounds confident that everyone will behave.
it's proven on my point you got difficulty on reading & you might aswell living in your own world,always make yourself feel better by your own way of thinking eventhough ppl are laughing at you now & yet you don't admit what you did are funny
I'd rather be an optimist who thinks that the quality of the forums would increase then be a sad pessimist who thinks that constructive posts would not outnumber rude posts and just let the quality level be at status quo.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

What is it?

The Delo 400 MGX is Caltex's high performance premium diesel engine oil. Available in SAE 15W-40, it is specially designed to meet requirements of the Malaysian market. This API CJ-4 service category oil is fully compatible with various heavy-duty diesel engines.

The ingredients?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience