Engine Mounting

ondgennis

Known Member
Sep 29, 2004
Malacca
Hi all,

i driving a mazda lantis 323F with B8 turbo. Currently i am facing a problem..my engine mounting, no matter ori or local one...after a while then it broken already. it seem like the stock mounting cant take the increase power from the turbo engine.

i currently custom made one hard mounting (no rubber at all), it seem help but then it sacrify all the daily drive comfortability. u can feel the whole car is shaking when u release the throttle or at high rpm.

so, any good idea for me to overcome this problem? does engine damper kit help with original mouting?

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
a got a few friend driving the same car as ur's with b8 engine but none of that
problem occur on their car.weird.....

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
gt auto,
Maybe ondgennis's car is 800 bhp. hehehe

ondgennis,
I think there are some mountings that are made with poly urethane, as I've seen it before. But unfortunately, I can't remember where to get `em. hehe

ondgennis

Known Member
Sep 29, 2004
Malacca
satria_95,
ya..the one i mention was made from PU. it really not bad...but for daily use it seem not that nice.

GT Auto,
yalo...some of my friend even with B8 210 inside...also not much complain from them...or they treat this as a normal issue...hahaha..

ondgennis

Known Member
Sep 29, 2004
Malacca
true also...
but ho...B8 engine on lantis chassis is plug n play only woo...all ori mounting from lantis can be use.

GoldenHawk

500 RPM
Aug 6, 2004
Someone in this forum selling the PU DIY kits...
Get on & try.
But ultimately, your engine not in sync. Either not properly balanced when put back together OR bad mounting jobs....

ondgennis

Known Member
Sep 29, 2004
Malacca
hi goldenhawk,

can u please explain more what is engine not in sync?
any suggestion what to do?

kwfei28

Known Member
Aug 9, 2005
Cheras
Check out my thread of DIY urethane engine mounting kit at performance section. Interested? I prefer you to call me to arrange to look at the sample provided b4 you buy. Thanks. Honestly I am facing the same problem as you do in my nissan SR16ve in which I maintain high rev most of the time. Thanks. BTW I pm You already.

kwfei28

Known Member
Aug 9, 2005
Cheras
In relation to your problem, I believe you are buying those imitation mounting which is sell by those spare parts shop.COs those OEM would last longer a little bit.

kwfei28

Known Member
Aug 9, 2005
Cheras
FOr your custom made mounting, I believe they are made from Nylon from engineering shop. Beware of your car body. It might crack if you use them in long term. Your car chasis rigidity is not design for that of punishment. Trust me. You call ask those people who used to go to track.

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
yup.those mounting is not suitable for street use.the whole car might vibrate
violently.sacrificing comfort n streetability of ur car.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The 2011 EOS can be thought of as an early preview version of where future VW convertibles are heading. Namely, the 2012 Golf Cabriolet. This 2011 sequel to the, almost 5-year old EOS may be a facelift, but it's got a new GTI DNA, stronger and most of all, looks pretty good.

New EOS vs Old EOS

• 10bhp extra making 210bhp
  • Improved styling
  • Shift paddles
  • Golf steering, shift...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience