Effects Of Engine Flushing... Good or Bad ?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
What i used to do is, i will put in the engine flush first. Start d car and let it idle for 5 mins or 10... then drain all the dirty oil out for 15 mins... then refil with 'cheap' mineral oil - 4 liter of it.. start the car.. let it run for 10 mins.. then drain it out... change oil filter and fill up with the desired oil of choice and .. viola... cleaner than ever
Chemical flush to clean engine, then engine oil to flush the chemical out.....:adore:

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
Bluechem or chemlube??:confused:
ya, ya bluechem...chemlube is engine lube...didnt even realise i type chemlube instead of bluechem..demmm.... :rofl:

That is why I asking.....:rofl:
Which is why I'm answering on behalf :rofl:
That is because you are using the chemlube, just hope he is going to use the right one for flush....:rofl:
using chemlube to flush means i haf a deep pocket...hahaha!

Haha! Using chemlube to flush, not only waste of money but no effect :rofl: cuz it is suppose
to clean the engine while driving until the next oil change haha!

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

I have only used Chemlube for 5 times and I should have taken before after photo on the lid.
Big difference...
Bluechem...chemlube is engine oil...not a flusher :smile:
hahaha....yes...

What i used to do is, i will put in the engine flush first. Start d car and let it idle for 5 mins or 10... then drain all the dirty oil out for 15 mins... then refil with 'cheap' mineral oil - 4 liter of it.. start the car.. let it run for 10 mins.. then drain it out... change oil filter and fill up with the desired oil of choice and .. viola... cleaner than ever
last time i did dat also...but i let the cheap engine oil to drain overnight.
unfortunately, it is kinda costly method and i dun haf xtra money anymore.... :bawling:

Last edited:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Then do one only, either chemical flush or cheap oil flush. Keeping overnight to drain, make sure no one starts the car.....:smokin:

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Then do one only, either chemical flush or cheap oil flush. Keeping overnight to drain, make sure no one starts the car.....:smokin:
Theres another method my friend is doing....

He poured in one third of a can of engine flush into the six litre engine oil and drive the car as usual for couple of days.....

Then he drain and does the oil change...

Very daring but I wouldnt dare to do it!:smokin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
i bought 1 bottle of it.
however on the labels stated to idle for 10-15 minutes if not mistaken.
it does not state that it can be driven. :hmmmm:

unker izso,
hope u can do a full write up on engine flushing using the chemlube.
i m goin to use it on my next oil change.hehehe.... :driver:
Erm.. ok. I know you mean bluechem. I've actually already done it. Night time 9pm go out yum char with friends but pour in the oil cleaner first. Drive out yum char, come back then next morning drain and fill in new oil.

I did a separate test of old oil + bluechem vs old oil drip dry. The bluechem makes the thick old oil very liquidy and doesn't let it stick anywhere. The oil old by itself took 3 days to drip completely dry from the container i was using to hold it in. The bluechem mix 15 minutes to completely drip dry. I like that!

For normal flushes I do what BlackHowling does, pour in CRC flush (non kerosene based flush) run for 15 minutes idle, drain, pour in semi-syn (not mineral like him), drain, change oil filter and pour in my fully synthetic oil.

A rich bugger friend i know flushes with CRC flush, drain, pours in Royal Purple fully syn oil to clean out the flush, drain and change oil filter, then final fill fully syn oil.

Royal purple has superb cleaners in its oil so it really makes your engine internals super duper clean. Good choice of 'flushing' oil but bloody expensive!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Where can get Royal Purple?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Some just have it good, and others literally bathe in luck every morning before heading to work.The there are those that do what we probably couldn't even do in Gran Turismo 5, pit an Audi RS3, Subaru Impreza WRX STI Spec C, Ford Focus RS and Ferrari Enzo against each other to see if the supercar can keep its supposedly lesser and cheaper beings...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience