effect on overheated engine?

flat_tyre

Known Member
Dec 24, 2006
4 month ago my car (4G92P) got overheated, causes from radiator's fan fuse broken. so i changed it.

but till now i never send my car to my mech to check whether the overheated effect some parts of my engine.

do i have to send and check? what are the possible effect after an engine is overheat?

Last edited:

shazmi3

1,000 RPM
Mar 16, 2005
Damansara
can cause head gasket blow..check ur engine oil filler whether the engine oil mix with water or not, exhaust smoke got white smoke or not..n check the radiator water whether its always not enuff. hows the performance? still the same or less?

how long u run with the maximum temp?

flat_tyre

Known Member
Dec 24, 2006
can cause head gasket blow..check ur engine oil filler whether the engine oil mix with water or not, exhaust smoke got white smoke or not..n check the radiator water whether its always not enuff. hows the performance? still the same or less?

how long u run with the maximum temp?
the radiator water, and engine oil all ok.

i drove for about 15 minutes bfore i stop my car. the peformance is ok, still the same. just that the engine sound is a bit rough and when i turn on air-con while car not moving, the engine sometimes vibrate differently...

shazmi3

1,000 RPM
Mar 16, 2005
Damansara
have u service the engine oil? if the engine vibrate differently it cause of ur timing not at the proper level..wats the rpm reading when idling?

i suggest u bring ur car to check the engine..but for me, i think theres no problem with ur engine...

flat_tyre

Known Member
Dec 24, 2006
have u service the engine oil? if the engine vibrate differently it cause of ur timing not at the proper level..wats the rpm reading when idling?

i suggest u bring ur car to check the engine..but for me, i think theres no problem with ur engine...
i just service my car last week using shell semi-synth oil.

the timing is all ok, when idling the timing is around 900-1K rpm (air-con on). its a bit hard to explain the engine vibrate part... its very weird. and bsides tappet sound, the engine sound is rough...

well thanks anyway guys ;)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hope to get some help on this, can anybody tell me how to wire the cabin light, cos the stock one in my car does not work, dont think it has power running into it at all, im driving a saga aeroback,, can any sifu there help me, im trying to find the wire that makes it work or where to tap a new source so when door open light will on and when door close light off, hope that there is people who can help me thanks in advance to those who responce to this thread
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience