Edaran Tan Chong Motor incorporates charitable work into its treasure hunt series

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

It was a new take on the traditional treasure hunt as Edaran Tan Chong Motor (ETCM) held their Central Region Nissan Treasure Hunt 2011 and incorporated some charitable work as part of the plan as part of its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).

Participants in the treasure hunt had to pick up goodie bags filled with food and nutritious items from the ETCM Serdang Raya branch to be delivered to the Rumah Sejahtera Seri Kembangan, an old folk’s home that currently serves as a home for 17 people, mostly over the age of 70.

“This is the twelfth year that we have been doing the Nissan Treasure Hunt, and we thought that it would be a great idea in combining our customer relation management activity with that of our CSR activity, into one,” said Datuk Dr Ang Bon Beng, Executive Director of Edaran Tan Chong Motor.

The entire treasure hunt covered a total of 134km that saw 47 cars start from the ETCM branch in Jalan Kemajuan, Petaling Jaya, before making their way to Bangsar, where the first of 30 clues were laid out. Following that, the teams found themselves in Sri Hartamas, Wangsa Maju before making a stop at Zoo Negara.

At the zoo, the participants had to check the Milky Stork, an endangered species that was adopted by Tan Chong Group of Companies as another part of its CSR outreach program.

After all was said and done, the overall winners for the treasure hunt was the Cunning Linguist team that was led by Danial Ariff. The team scored 88 points out of a possible 100. Coming in second were the Space Pirates, led by Venkateswaran, on 81 points. Completing the top three was the Ultraman vs. Nissan team, helmed by Asri Ali, who participated in the event using crutches after tearing a knee ligament earlier.

There were also five cars for the media that participated in their own category, which was won by Chin Shong Chian, Chan Wai Yih, Bosco Lim Zhao Jen, Kon Wai Luen.

The next event will be held on 9 July 2011 at Johor Bahru and is intended for ETCM’s southern customers.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,i need some suggestion abt l5 engine..i juz install l5 4pston auto engine to my kncil..bt the engine did not respone as what i expected..it only can reach 120/km in 400m like my prvious 850 engine..anyone can help me what shld i do to increase the torque..shld i change to manual trans?:bawling:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience