ECU questions

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

type_one

Known Member
Mar 23, 2006
Hi guys, need help on some ECU issues..
What is the code for 92' EG9 B16a? is it P30?
What about EF's B16a? Any difference between the two?Are they interchangeable?

More specifically..lets say my EG9, B16a(Big V) is running on an EF ecu.would it affect anything?(if that is even possible to start with)..

Are there any markings or anyway to differentiate both ecu's, on the ecu's themselves?

Assuming i'm running the correct ECU, is it OBD-I or OBD-II? what's the difference?

thanks.....

xxxx

1,500 RPM
Feb 9, 2005
it depends on ur wiring....
if u r using an EF's wiring, then u should be using an EF's ECU....if, EG's wiring, then EG's ecu...

EF ecu = PW0 or PR3 ........OBD0
EG ecu = P30 ....................OBDI

both cannot be exchange becos of the socket of the wiring is not the same.

u can find this code stated on the sticker at the side of the ecu.

xxxx

1,500 RPM
Feb 9, 2005
ur car is an local EG with engine transplant? if yes, tranplant with EF or EG's halfcut?

type_one

Known Member
Mar 23, 2006
well actually the case is this..
mine's a jdm eg9, but when i went to my mech, it was revealed that the engine in it was an EF b16a, (put in by the previous owner, must've fried his engine or something) but with a Big V valve cover..(aka Big Time Con Job).. anyways, i transplanted another b16a from EG9 half cut.. The thing is, my mech was supposed to use the ECU from the half cut, but he used my previous one.. so i'm rather in the dark about which ECU i'm actually running now..

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
>What is the code for 92' EG9 B16a? is it P30?
yes P30. Square Box

>What about EF's B16a?
PR3. Rectangular Box

> Any difference between the two?Are they interchangeable?
Base maps and honda optional devices.

>More specifically..lets say my EG9, B16a(Big V) is running on an EF ecu.would it >affect anything?(if that is even possible to start with)..
If the long block runs entirely with EF wiring loom and EF ECU, its fine. Wiring loom includes distributor system.

>Are there any markings or anyway to differentiate both ecu's, on the ecu's >themselves?
As mentioned above. Plus the sticker at the side of the ECU.

>Assuming i'm running the correct ECU, is it OBD-I or OBD-II? what's the >difference?
EF - OBD0
EG - OBDI
EK - OBDII
The ECU size is difference. The maps are different. The harness also different.

xxxx

1,500 RPM
Feb 9, 2005
if change engine kosong only from Ef then it's ok, but it depends on the wiring tat u r using la....

just go n check ur current ecu. there'll sure be a sticker with some codes on it. read it n let us know.

how long hav u own ur EG? how do u know urs is a JDM EG9?

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
As for where the code is.. This is an ecu box sticker taken off my car. Sorry blurry.. it was hard work trying to fit the cameraphone behind the ECU box at the footwell. (aiseh.. malunya.. interior surface rust still haven't cleaned up!)

As for knowing authentic JDM EG9 or not.. check the tag in front of the radiator.. it's blue in colour, in japanese, and the tag number is the same as your chassis number.

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
You should have done it earlier lah!! PCT=98+Taip-R ECU. Hehe..

Anyway... your ECU not bolted on ah? Mine is.. too lazy to get a spanner out and remove it.

Oh... another random info on ECU OBDs

OBD I = only honda use this standard
OBD II = a more generally used current standard. If I'm not wrong.. OBDII standards are also used for other makes like ford, etc. etc (can't think of any other make this late at night)

Last edited:

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
hattech-v said:
its easy for me to take out the ecu when i leave my car at parking...
haha
Haha.. me not worried about car getting stolen.. (car old oledi mah!) more like the small parts inside. seats, gearknobs, steering, etc. etc.

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
how was the result? What's the revcut? What is the vtec engage point?

Last year went around testing ECU with my friends EK9... I think finished one tank in a matter of hours.. spoon, mugen, custom chip, etc. etc.

The result.. spoon one was better than mugen (according to the ownerlah.. my opinion doesn't matter) Which for me was strange, since his car is full mugen (extractor.muffler, filter, etc. etc... go figure!

type_one

Known Member
Mar 23, 2006
alright..will check and see.. the halfcut ecu is still with my mech.. anyway mine is JDM, blue tag, chasis number all in order... thank y'all for the help...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello zth folks...

need some help here... there is a leakage jus between my engine head and my block... suspecting its a gasket break... so i bought a new set of metal gasket... and went to the workshop... the tauke there told me tht just the labour cost would be around RM300...

1) is this the normal price for changing a gasket set? if not, whats the normal price?

2) what do other parts i need beside the gasket set?

btw, my engine is 4G92P.

thanks in advance for the replies...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience