Ecotint Not Jpj Approved

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Streamo

Sep 14, 2004
I recently bought a second hand car with ECOTINT on it. Got scanned during a road block and found that the light penetration was only 53% for the windscreen instead of the permitted 70% and was forced to tear a part of the tinting so it has to be removed. Since the previous owner passed me the Warranty Card, I called them up to claim for it since they warranty that they will cover any summons issued. Guess what is their answer? WARRANTY NOT TRANSFERABLE. Can only be claimed by the person on the warranty card!

I think ECOTINT is not honest and is trying to con their way out of replacing the tinting.
1) Why claim so loudly ECOTINT will pass JPJ test when it doesn't?
2) Why claim so loudly they will cover summons and then say can only be done by owner? If I buy a 2months old camera and it's faulty, I have to bring the previous owner to the shop just because his name is on the warranty card???

The Warranty Card also state the Light Penetration tested as only 63%, which is still short of the allowed 70%. Of course I only found out after getting home. So is JPJ's light scanner tuned lower or ECOTINT tuned higher??? I'm really angry with JPJ for being picked but ECOTINT also got me really mad for their response! :angry_smile:

Anyway, DO YOU REALLY WANT TO BUY ECOTINT??? I will stick to V-KOOL.

Last edited:

gsrTurbo9166

500 RPM
Apr 23, 2005
useful infomation bro
for those who wan to tint their windows, pls do aware of it

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
Streamo said:
The Warranty Card also state the Light Penetration tested as only 63%, which is still short of the allowed 70%. Of course I only found out after getting home. So is JPJ's light scanner tuned lower or ECOTINT tuned higher??? I'm really angry with JPJ for being picked but ECOTINT also got me really mad for their response! :angry_smile:
both are possible.

Streamo said:
Anyway, DO YOU REALLY WANT TO BUY ECOTINT??? I will stick to V-KOOL.
that will not be the case, a zthian's mom's ride have v-kool installed and she received saman for that as well.

sorry to hear about the case and thanks for sharing. RAYA soon.

anfernee

Known Member
Jan 16, 2005
v-kool also got many models... depends which one the member's mom has installed on her car... there are some which are quite gold / dark and can hardly see anything inside the car and that does not have warranty for summons... but if the tint is done by toyota or honda then it should be jpj approved... got to check properly...

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Not all VKool are warranty to pass the light test, thats for sure. I think only the premium range of VKool are covered.

As for Ecotint, i'm quite surprised it fail the penetration test as in my previous car, the Ecotint guys says that Ecotint is one of the few brands that is certified by JPJ. Any summons will be borned by Ecotint. But i'm not too sure about the 2nd owner gimmick thing. Whatever that is, its quite bad for them to come out with such ruling. What you can do is to call up the previous owner and plead with him to go down to Ecotint with you to get the Ecotint guys to settle your summon.

gohkokeng

2,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2006
any case related to AIR-COOL? i am using it

the Business Development Manager said "u kena saman bring the saman ticket i pay 4 u"

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
ECOTINT is Proton and JPJ approved, sumthing has gone wrong here. Issit the Enforcement TINT detector's mistake ? .. or fake ECOTINT ? ..

The WARRANTY NOT TRANSFERABLE matter is the second part. Lets talk about the first part, why does the ECOTINT did not go thru enforcement's detector ? funny eh ? .. As everyone knows, ECOTINT is legal and JPJ approved and also a part of PROTON accessories.

Something has gone wrong in this subject.

I think should bring up this issue to ECOTINT manufacturer ! ..

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
anfernee said:
but if the tint is done by toyota or honda then it should be jpj approved... got to check properly...
No, actually it's not from toyota or honda assembly line. it's the salesman or dealer shop send all their car to tint shop (yes, just like those tint shop you and me visit) with a discounted price.
so still, there is a chance you get it illegal.

Slipknot Fanatic

Known Member
Jul 3, 2005
HELL
BlackSamurai said:
No, actually it's not from toyota or honda assembly line. it's the salesman or dealer shop send all their car to tint shop (yes, just like those tint shop you and me visit) with a discounted price.
so still, there is a chance you get it illegal.
Its true. When I accompanied my mum to collect the CRV a few months ago the salesman actually told us that he just got back from the tint shop.

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
i x sure which film is approved actually....

so far, V-kool, Econtint and Air cool oso get saman.....wat else?

all stated jpj approved but when stopped by jpj, they still saman.

of coz we can bring back the saman to them n we dun need to pay. isnt it troublesome? and since it is approved by jpj, y tint film company wanna offer this to all the users? must be 50:50 approve only.

my 2 cent

deftons

Known Member
Feb 13, 2004
Visit site
hmmm actually from what i heard no tint film in the market is approved unless u get all ya tinted windows checked at puspakom then they will issue u a letter..that 1 only consider approved :)

erisa

May 13, 2005
kl
kiyoshi said:
hmmm actually from what i heard no tint film in the market is approved unless u get all ya tinted windows checked at puspakom then they will issue u a letter..that 1 only consider approved :)
but as far as i know..doesnot matter what tint film you use..as long as it allow 50% light penetration for seat windows and 70% light penetration for rear and front window ..it should be no problem..

hairulf

Dec 30, 2005
sometimes they just label that as any leading brands.. they went to cheap tint shops and just put the labels.. most of genuine ecotint film are expensive, all around 1K. the ray barrier itself cost us 1.6k. not so many people can afford this. and ecotint has their own installation shop, not like the other brands, u can have them installed at shop like Tint Shop (v kool oso can get from here). so if the film on your car not installed at their shop maybe it's a fake ecotint.

2ndly, the previous owner might have installed more than 1 layer.. ecotint wont give warranty if install more than 1 layer..

Cow

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Visit site
JPJ's light scanner thingy is a very obsolete piece of crap isn't it?
I remember someone saying that the reading will vary depending on the environment?
So, maybe your tinting by right will pass, but because of the weather it did not pass?

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
cow, you are right.
if the operasi carry out at sunny day, the reading will be higher
but if cloudy day, the reading will be lower, it all depends on the natural light penetration.

erisa

May 13, 2005
kl
BlackSamurai said:
cow, you are right.
if the operasi carry out at sunny day, the reading will be higher
but if cloudy day, the reading will be lower, it all depends on the natural light penetration.

wah...like that kah?
look like every one have apportunity to get summon..

lude

Known Member
Aug 5, 2004
KL
hairulf said:
sometimes they just label that as any leading brands.. they went to cheap tint shops and just put the labels.. most of genuine ecotint film are expensive, all around 1K. the ray barrier itself cost us 1.6k. not so many people can afford this. and ecotint has their own installation shop, not like the other brands, u can have them installed at shop like Tint Shop (v kool oso can get from here). so if the film on your car not installed at their shop maybe it's a fake ecotint.

2ndly, the previous owner might have installed more than 1 layer.. ecotint wont give warranty if install more than 1 layer..
ecotint caters to a broad range of customers.. the cheapest ones start at 300+.. and this was the price at their shop in DU.. and yes ecotint has films which are non jpj compliant but as far as i know its only the black kow kow one.. :P

putra4767

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2004
Visit site
tint

Yup, actually it depends on the weather.....If bright/sunny then reading also different compared to a cloudy day....Not fair at all........

jasonchan

500 RPM
Jun 1, 2004
my advice is carry small changes of at least RM30...it iwll save u all the trouble :P

u did not follow the RULES of roadblock thats why.....~!!!!

next time just do wat the others DO and u r save from all the hastle.....:emoticon_U:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

What is a product that I can use to spray and clean my car carpets that is easy to use, effective, not too watery, and has no to little leftover smell?

I usually just take them out and wash them with soap, but I am wondering if there's a shortcut. Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience