[DIY]Thermal Wrapping~Exhaust,Intake Piping,Aircon piping

consonar

Known Member
Dec 28, 2004
D'sara - S.alam
Visit site
those clips can buy at sparepart... it is same as driveshaft clips... "tokey, saya mau itu klip driveshafy punya!!"

btw, for those who want to diy this thermal wrap, PLEASEEE.. PLEASEE!! wear a proper shirt n other protection from the fibre glass.. coz last time i did it, damnnn, one whole week feel itchy like a needle stuck on your skin.. cannot sleep n rub my skin.. really hurt n itchy.. really bad wooo..

but then one of my fren laugh at me... he said, "why u dont soak the thermal wrap in the water first??? so that the fibre just stick on that wrap n not flying around..."

then 2nd attempt , i follow what he told me.. u know what... no more fibre flying around and stick to my skin or shirt...

just my lil experience

ylkuok

Oct 30, 2008
Thank you Consonar... Btw good tips on soaking it with water...

Cheers bro...

hisha

2,000 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
those clips can buy at sparepart... it is same as driveshaft clips... "tokey, saya mau itu klip driveshafy punya!!"

btw, for those who want to diy this thermal wrap, PLEASEEE.. PLEASEE!! wear a proper shirt n other protection from the fibre glass.. coz last time i did it, damnnn, one whole week feel itchy like a needle stuck on your skin.. cannot sleep n rub my skin.. really hurt n itchy.. really bad wooo..

but then one of my fren laugh at me... he said, "why u dont soak the thermal wrap in the water first??? so that the fibre just stick on that wrap n not flying around..."

then 2nd attempt , i follow what he told me.. u know what... no more fibre flying around and stick to my skin or shirt...

just my lil experience

YO YO YO !! good info bro, but this not recommended to do when u r DIY ur own fiberglass bodykit hehehe

1 question, if soap inside the water, did it dry easily ?

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
How about the air con hose? What should we use to wrap? The rubber tube insulation?

Hardware stores have? If go to air con shop might as well ask them to do it...

consonar

Known Member
Dec 28, 2004
D'sara - S.alam
Visit site
YO YO YO !! good info bro, but this not recommended to do when u r DIY ur own fiberglass bodykit hehehe

1 question, if soap inside the water, did it dry easily ?
dont worry, thermal wrap is a cloth... i will dry soon... and will dry faster after u start the engine...:burnout:

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
Sorry but need to ask dumb question?

Which part was the most difficult to do? I forsee the part where you have to put the clips at the bottom end of the pipes yes? How to masuk the hand wor?...Or have to jack up the car???

hisha

2,000 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
if can jack up the car ..put stand to hold ....this will b the best ..but better got another person to help u ...

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
feel a little inspired to do for my car now...and thanks for the important tip of soaking in water...

alantjw

1,500 RPM
Mar 26, 2008
bro.. i have 1 question.. i have a rather large wasegate on my exhaust manifold.. how do i wrap over that???
my engine bay pic...

bugbear1986

Known Member
Apr 22, 2006

hi ts, mind to tell us where u buy those white kaler plug cable clip?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all zth members...

I drive a toyota corolla AE 111 4AFE manual. i have problems changing gear from 2nd to 3rd. I can change, but it is nto smooth and there is a bit of "krak" sound. Like grinding a bit. Unless i shift slower. All other gears are okay.

What could the problem be? If this continues, will be be bad and damage something?

Thank you...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience