DIY Foldable Mirror for EG

jazmie

Known Member
anybody know how to do and got any wiring diagram???

thank you

I'm assuming you're trying to convert SR4 non foldable side mirrors to SR3 ones.

There's a couple of issues that seems to be a problem.. Currently I've already considered it, but due to time issues and money, I'm putting the project on hold at the moment, although I already have most of the parts mentioned below.

a) you should be using the wiring from SR3 for your dash, where the wires leading to the door harness has the extra wires for the foldable side mirror motor. If not, the mod is still possible, but now you have to DIY the entire wiring from the switch to the foldable side mirror motor. (trust me, it's a long long way, and you don't want thin wires, (go for the same gauge wiring as the original, and you can't go wrong... remember that the core thickness is what matters, not the outer insulation diameter) because sometimes it pulls quite a bit of current (esp. when there's resistance when folding (lack of lubrication, maybe)

b) The passenger side door harness is usable, (slightly longer wires for the PW switch, and centre lock unit) if you can source one from an SR3 door, hence the only wiring mod is the driver side, since the harness for the right hand SR3 door has different p/w control socket.

b) You should diy wiring from the door harness socket (the missing pins are your clue). the harness to the side mirror is missing one or two pins on it's socket, you can diy it with paper clips/needle.

Wiring diagrams you can get from this site

www.hondatech.info (complete manual) look up the electrical section.

nice website......for your information my car is EG8 model and already buy EG9 side mirror foldable one together switch and relay......as i know this different only got extra 2 wire than original one......if u got or know any website tell about wire color code for that relay,side mirror and switch and wiring diagram for both model please share with us.....anyway thanx for ur info and feedback

jazmie said:
nice website......for your information my car is EG8 model and already buy EG9 side mirror foldable one together switch and relay......as i know this different only got extra 2 wire than original one......if u got or know any website tell about wire color code for that relay,side mirror and switch and wiring diagram for both model please share with us.....anyway thanx for ur info and feedback

That website has the manual for the 92-95 civic, which is known here as the SR4..SR3 is included in the manual as well, and the wiring diagram is in one of it's 1494 pages. It's all there, but remember that right is left, and left is right, since the manual is for left hand drive cars.

I don't exactly remember which page it is, except it's somewhere in the electrical section, the table of contents is page 941.

I'm a bit too lazy to dig through my own copy of the download, but rest assured all info is there.

If you still lost, drop me a PM, and I'll put up the wiring diagram.. right now a bit tired to cut and paste the wiring diagram in the manual.

Opps.. my mistake.. dug up the manual, and forgot that foldable side mirrors only came from JDM cars.

The wires on your doors are probably missing as I said earlier, since Malaysian versions don't come with it.

Anyway, if you're actually using SR3 door wiring from japan, the colour codes for the other wires are the same with the US version... so you have to locate only the two wires that aren't listed.

If you're using the stock SOHC dash wiring, forget looking for the wires, they don't exist. DIY is the only choice.

If you got access to an ori EG6/EG9 door, you can see the colour for yourself, since the socket leading to the power mirrors come with extra wire(s)

Here's the diagram and colour codes for the wiring.. just look for the wires that aren't listed and you're good to go.

mirrordiag.jpg

My car's not with me right now, or else I could have looked at the door sockets and find out.

Top Bottom