distance meter problem

blitztomato

Jun 6, 2006
i have this problem in my 2002 wira 1.5A. when i am driving in night the distance meter will stop running in the middle of the journey if i stop the car in about few hours the distance meter goes back to normal condition. i have never face any problem with the distance meter during day drive. i ask the mechanic and he say that is only a way to solve this problem is change a new distances meter but as i know that's gonna cost me alot. Hope u guys can give me some advice.

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
blitztomato said:
i have this problem in my 2002 wira 1.5A. when i am driving in night the distance meter will stop running in the middle of the journey if i stop the car in about few hours the distance meter goes back to normal condition. i have never face any problem with the distance meter during day drive. i ask the mechanic and he say that is only a way to solve this problem is change a new distances meter but as i know that's gonna cost me alot. Hope u guys can give me some advice.
is ur speedometer working properly when the odometer stops? Also u have 2 odometers, one that can reset to zero and the other. Does both of them stop working? I had the same prob and DIY it back to normal, prob was some of the gears inside were loose and were slipping, I super glued it back and it has been working fine since.

wmfei

Aug 19, 2006
What if the speedometer need to hit only can start work? My wira is like that, every time need to bang it at the top only can start working. Also with the temp. meter. Can DIY repair?

JGE_4G15

Known Member
Aug 26, 2006
me also face this probelm....sometimes the speedometer not working...but back to normal after tapping on the clear plastic cover then it will start working.....can any sifu help?

blitztomato

Jun 6, 2006
yah when it isucks both will not working and i go to ask the mechanic about the situation i have they say they is not any sensor in this meter and they ask me to switch on the head light when i am driving in day time and see will it stucks or not but i havent try. anyways thanks for your guys advice

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello guys. I am Joshua Stevens but you can call me Josh and I am from Baltimore. This is my first post and I would like to take the opportunity to ask about the problem of my audi. My audi starts enough but when the car is about to run, It would die like it has ran out of gas. When I checked the gas, it was at a high level so I'm wondering what can be the problem. Can I go to Baltimore auto repair shops and use all my money to fix it?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience