differences on garrett GT & HKS GT

pathfinder

Known Member
any difference between garrett GT and hks GT. i was informed hks uses garrett based GT.

how much for twin GT2530 ? are these turbos good for 450bhp+ rb26dett?

R u the one i met at Josh's house last nite?

if you are not, thn pls contact Josh aka vteckiller. he can help you on this.

no.not me.

but i know him. too early to negotiate with him. at this stage gather info in forum only.haven't decide yet a gtr or evo.

HanafyEG said:
go for gtr..case closed

agreed! get the GTR! i've been playing 4G63 for a long time now getting kinda boring la even after modding hehehehe! so forget the 4-banger and grab the freakin' V6 dude!! hahaha!

agree also...

i mods 4g63t to the max.bored already. want to try big cc,twin turbo,6 cylinders power.
my target is for street freindly....cannot aim too much power...suffer daily driving.
twin GT2530 or GT2540 very popular in japan for medium power mods. good for 400-600bhp.

bro, u have mod your 4g63t to the max? may i know what's ur what have u done, the modification and what whp u gained by doing the mod to the max?

pathfinder said:
any difference between garrett GT and hks GT. i was informed hks uses garrett based GT.

how much for twin GT2530 ? are these turbos good for 450bhp+ rb26dett?

HKS does use Garret based GT turbines. The price of HKS costs 2 times more than Garrett. Had a friend who installed HKS twin GT2530 on his RB26DETT and the price on what he told me was around RM15000. They are good 450bhp+ and not much lag.

Garrett is the manufacturer of GT models, but HKS specs differ from Garrett as they have some exclusive agreement on this matter, therefore the trims and sizes and horsepowers do not correspond to each brand.

interesting to see how 'max' have you done your 4G63T pathfinder...care to elaborate more on your mods and what sort of timings have u done on the 1/4 mile if we may ask.

:D

crystal_method said:
agreed! get the GTR! i've been playing 4G63 for a long time now getting kinda boring la even after modding hehehehe! so forget the 4-banger and grab the freakin' V6 dude!! hahaha!

erm.. since when the gtr started to use the V's? i thought it has always been inline? are we still talking about a skyline here?