Differences between corolla se and corolla seg

bacardilimon

Known Member
hello sifus, may I know wats the differences between this corolla SE and corolla SEG (both yr 94), differences of their outlook, performances, interior, fuel consumption, 2nd hand price/value, engine, thanx.

is it SE == AE101 too?

bacardilimon said:
hello sifus, may I know wats the differences between this corolla SE and corolla SEG (both yr 94), differences of their outlook, performances, interior, fuel consumption, 2nd hand price/value, engine, thanx.

is it SE == AE101 too?

from what i know the differences between SE and SEG - yr 94 :-

SE : SEG :

1) 1.3 carburator engine (2E engine - 12v) 1) 1.6 injection engine (4AFE engine - 16v)
2) original no power steering 2) standart equiped with power steering
3) no power window 3) standart all 4 doors with power window
4) manual control side mirror 4) electrical control side mirror
5) no flipdable side mirror 5) electrical control flipdable side mirror
6) i think only got manual gear box 6) got both manual and automatic gear box
7) seat fabric and design diff wt 1.6 7) seat fabric and design diff wt 1.3
8) chasis code = EE100 8) chasis code = AE101

Body out look about this 2 model is almost identical, not much difference. If newbie in toyota, they will expect SE and SEG is the same car.

Performance wise, logically the SEG 1.6 is much better than SE 1.3. I suppose.

Interior as u can see from the above comparison.

Fuel consumption depend on how the driver drive their car lo.. hope other sifus can provide more info on this fuel consumption matter.

Second hand value between this 2 model differ around 3-5k compare on the same year basis.

That is about all I can recall the differances between SE and SEG or EE100 and AE101.
Hope its can benefit to you and I'm sure here got so many sifus can list out or provide more info.

just my 2 cent.

body out look if both still in stock spec...SE (1.3CC) used plastik black bumper, both front n rear...

but if i'm not mistaken...the 1.3CC seat fabric is much more nicer...cuz of the black coloured fabric...

how about chasis or suspension/ ARB diff between 1.3 and 1.6?

Ray said:
how about chasis or suspension/ ARB diff between 1.3 and 1.6?

Main Chassis base remains the same. Suspension for EE100 is softer I believe. ARB I think same.

cheapskate ppl like me go for SE 1.3 lorrrr coz cheaper.........but can fully convert to like 1.6 ma........ blacktop wagon halfcut around 5k(include installation) + complete interrior around 1K........so almost the same BUT stoopid ppl like me never think of resale value for 1.3.....and the loan amount.......hahahhaahahah

tiuuuuuuuu ... u magic sifoo 4D maaa ... all oso sponsored liauuu .. :p hahahahaahahaaa

Takumemisia :D

Why SE have to choose 1.3cc de :P

Interior of both car I never remembered but engines and outside body design I have memorized..but I am sort of becoming blur now.. SE is actually SE Limited right? there isn't other version of corrolla in the market with SE emblem which is other than SE limited... right?

anyway this is what I know so far..

SE Limited: 1.3cc carburator(as u mentioned) but 1.6cc that is the 4age 16v there.. SE Limited <-- the "Limited" has a meaning here.. :D hahah!~~ which means 4age vs 4afe(seg 1.6cc)... seg get tarpau here... hahaha!~~

SEG: 1.3cc carburator too, while 1.6cc is mentioned above by Takumemisia....using 4afe...

both version of cars has auto and manual transmission... engine bay they are the same from what I know...reagarding about the rear disc brake system... SEG side I know but SE Limited I guess they are using the same thing because I seen few modded SE Limited before... although I didn't go and measure their disc brake size..and i read before that they mentioned that Corrolla is actually never make any changes on the body chasis from the SEG first edition until the latest SEG which stop production on year 99 (The last seg version is the one with the ultraman eye shaped brake light on behind).. :)

Price for year 94', SEG should be 33-34k...and if u have close friend who can help u find it out, probably u can get a SEG with SVT in it. ;) as for SE, didn't they stopped production already on year 94? not sure la... I am still doing research on SE for my younger brother... as for SE I think you can get around 1.6cc one for 20k starting? Dunno why SE is so much cheaper...but I asked one before last month, the year was forgotten and price is 28k..blardy expensive... then ask him how many hand traded this car. It will be the 4th if I purchase it... *fainted straight away*....

and btw I do think that the Puspakom nowadays is sort of hard with the 25% cc increasement and decreasement rules on engine modifications. Even I have been shocked when I wanted to change my auto to manual. "U mao ka, ada caranya... err.. u kasi I sikit bonus la... I kasi settle cepat kasi lu".... iskkhh... auto change manual only... think can fly meh.... this also so strict....baka!~~ guess I need to fly to Ipoh one day..

tom's said:
cheapskate ppl like me go for SE 1.3 lorrrr coz cheaper.........but can fully convert to like 1.6 ma........ blacktop wagon halfcut around 5k(include installation) + complete interrior around 1K........so almost the same BUT stoopid ppl like me never think of resale value for 1.3.....and the loan amount.......hahahhaahahah

hahah, so u r the only SE driver in this forum?
hey may I know about
1.)the fuel consumption of this SE, cos I travel for around 3000-5000km/mohths (50% city, 50% highway).
and,

2.)of course the outlook between them (bumper, light etc..)

there's quite a big gap of prices between these 2 cars

dude...u asking the wrong guy...

let me repair the wordings :D

cheapskate ppl like me go for SE 1.3 lorrrr coz cheaper.........already fully convert to like 1.6 ma........ blacktop wagon halfcut around 5k(include installation) + complete interrior around 1K........so almost the same BUT stoopid ppl like me never think of resale value for 1.3.....and the loan amount.......hahahhaahahah

his car is monsterous...don't play play aaaa...:D

IMG_1200.jpg

IMG_1201.jpg

IMG_1193.jpg

i think this will be quite uselfull. Taken from ORI BROC. :biggrin:. By the way, the power is in Kw. Use some maths to convert to HP :tongue:

Eiii!! SEG 1.3 version is using single cam woh!~ :P hahha!! ^_^ hahah!! injection engine r.. not carburator.. :P hahah!!

^_^

not bad not bad... got new info now..kekekek!~~

1 thing funny about SE is that got pwrstering and none and somore wheel size different. Kesian the fella SE without pwr steering :biggrin: and 1 more thing is that the gear ratio for SEG 1.6 is same with Levin/Trueno ae101's gear ratio :eek: .

Err...could it be the first batch of Levin/Trueno ae101? Cause i think they are using the same Gearbox....C52 I guess...

^_^ hahah! this stories comes from the production manager or person in charge of developing the corrolla series. :P same goes to the Highest level of toyota owner. :P

Toyota ways of developing car is, they tends to last each models for 4 years like that. Then usually they dun change the body chasis if the cars belongs to same type of class like corrolla... ^_^

and Trueno/Levin in japan are actually what we call as AE101 here.. which at their place there they are coupe, 2 doors only... and more elegent design.. haha! it is so different compare to our local made cars whereby the nice ones made by Proton will be sell out, while japanese....they tends to keep and maintain the best on inside their countries. and make some family models out to sell to outside international markets. :P baka them..!~~

maybe this is the way they can alter and control the 2nd hand chop shop market value.. haha! :P

bardilimon seems quiet already... issit we talk too much and when out of topic r? :D

OK Lets clarify thing a bit here.

Both 6th Gen Corolla which is AE101 and EE100 uses the same chassis. Difference in trimmings and engine only.

In Malaysia:
AE101 - Corolla SE.G 1.6L EFi 4A-FE
EE100 - Corolla SE 1.3L Carb 2E

In Japan & other country:
AE101 - Corolla Levin GT APEX 1.6L EFi 4A-GE 20V or GTZ 1.6L 4A-GZE Supercharger
AE101 - Sprinter Trueno GT APEX 1.6L EFi 4A-GE 20V or GTZ 1.6L 4A-GZE Supercharger
AE101 - Corolla FX GT - 1.6L EFi 4A-GE 20V (Hatchback)
AE101 - Corolla Ceres 1.6L EFi 4A-GE 20V or 1.6L EFi 4A-FE (Sedan 4 Doors)
AE101 - Sprinter Marino 1.6L EFi 4A-GE 20V or 1.6L EFi 4A-FE (Sedan 4 Doors)
AE104 - Corolla Wagon 1.6L EFi 4A-GE 20V or 1.6L EFi 4A-FE
AE102 - Corolla 4WD or 2WD 1.8L EFi 7A-FE

* Both AE101/EE100 and AE92/EE90 uses SE badge. SE denotes 1.3L normal configuration. SE.G and SE-Limited denotes premier version at 1.6L.

* And yes there is a lot of 4A-G sifoos here used EE100 platform and their car are NOT SLOW! - some of thems are Autocross champions hahahaha

hahahahha thanks all d sifus here, u all r far tooooooo kind

I havent decided which car to buy now hahaha, had find both SE and SE-G now (after finding for > 4mths!!!), after I get my corolla, I'll take a photo of it and post it here, cheeers :rock:

But as precaution, u should check whether the SE got pwrsteering or not because according to brochure got pwrsteering and dun have one :biggrin: ...

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom