Daddy, I want a Merc! Your Perdana V6 is expensive to maintain!

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
No warranty claims on Perdana since October 2004

PETALING JAYA: No warranty claims have been made since October 2004 on the Proton Perdana V6 that the Terengganu Government claimed to have spent more than RM100,000 to repair.
In a statement issued yesterday, Proton’s corporate communications division said the car was purchased in May 2004 and that Proton would seriously look into the matter to find out details of the service history record.
It added that this was so Proton could provide the necessary assistance on the matter.
The statement was to clarify recent media reports about the state government buying 14 Mercedes E200 Kompressors to replace its fleet of Proton Perdana, claiming that it was too expensive to maintain the cars.
The statement also said that changing the gearbox of the Proton Perdana V6 could be avoided if the car was sent for regular and scheduled servicing at authorised centres and fitted with original parts.
“Cars would generally perform up to expectations and be less susceptible to problems if they are properly cared for and handled with good driving habits.â€

Source: No warranty claims on Perdana since October 2004

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
P​
UTRAJAYA: The cabinet yesterday discussed the Terengganu state government’s controversial purchase of 14 Mercedes Benz E200 Kompressor, with a minister explaining later that the state may have misunderstood the Treasury instruction governing the purchase of locally-assembled foreign cars. Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs Minister Datuk Shahrir Samad said the cabinet discussion was based on the Treasury instruction. Asked if the cabinet made any decision on the matter, he said the announcement should be done by the prime minister, but added: “There’s no new decision to be made because a decision has already been made that there is Treasury instruction saying administrative members should use the Proton Perdana Executive. “The state said they have Treasury instruction which allows them to buy locally-assembled cars while the cabinet said there has been no change to the instruction
which said administrative members must only use Proton,â€Shahrir said. “In terms of government, there is instruction which allows them to buy locally-assembled foreign cars but for administrative members, it is specifically restricted to Proton Perdana Executive. I even asked for a smaller one, but was not allowed. Perhaps that was the cause of misunderstanding.†Speaking to reporters after the weekly post-cabinet meeting, Shahrir said the state government might have missed out the part or clause in the instruction which said administrative members including ministers, deputy ministers, parliamentary and political
secretaries and state executive council members are allowed to use only Proton Perdana Executive. On Sunday, Terengganu Mentri Besar Datuk Ahmad Said had said the state decided to buy the Mercedes Benz instead of Proton Perdana cars for its state executive councillors as the Perdanas frequently broke down. In reply, Deputy Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Abdul Razak had said that the purchase, at a total outlay of RM3.43 million, was against federal policy as even he and the prime minister used Proton Perdana. In trying to justify the purchase
of Mercedes, the state had issued a statement saying that it had to spend RM175,229.97 on maintenance cost for one Proton Perdana and RM132,375.76 for another from 2004 to July this year due to frequent breakdowns. Proton Holdings Bhd officials, when contacted, said they will issue a statement later. However, it is known that Proton Perdana cars come with a four-year warranty and it is unclear how the state incurred such huge costs during the four years the cars were used. Ahmad had said the state had planned to buy the cars for a long time now to replace its Proton Perdana V6 Executive fl eet in amove to cut cost. “Please understand that the Proton Perdanas go through continuous long-distance journeys. It’s costing us a lot of money due to high cost of maintenance. We are not saying that the national car is not good but in reality we are coughing up more money to maintain the Perdanas, particularly the gear boxes,†he had said.

Source: the Sun, Husna Yusop theSun E-Paper

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
From the news and figures, apparently when you buy a Proton Perdana Executive, you will need more than the amount of money that you use to buy the car to maintain it for four years.
That's amazing!:adore:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Wah like that also can, why don't they go further and say. 'Ferrari maintenance much cheaper then Perdana'. Crazy~~:stupid:

links

1,500 RPM
May 26, 2004
From the news and figures, apparently when you buy a Proton Perdana Executive, you will need more than the amount of money that you use to buy the car to maintain it for four years.
That's amazing!:adore:
with that amount of money they mentioned, and since they are not sending back the car for proton to maintain even its under warranty.....

possibly they might have modified the car so the warranty voided....what kind of modifications can spend $175k in less than 4 years? maybe a v6 twin turbo gto engine with larger turbine, customized forged piston, special crank shaft, valves, rings..etc .plus full stanless steel piping with big HKS intercooler and oil cooler.Not to forget about the micro-tech ECU and 6 pots brembo brake calipers plus disc rotors.......

why the gear box rosak? maybe they did not fix a gear box oil cooler and the engine is too powerful with 600ps on wheels....so the driver down shifted accidentally and blew the gear box or maybe the gear box oil get over heated and damage the parts inside.....

if they are selling off the perdanas...they can put in this phrase in the motor trader ads "vip's car, rm$175k modifications spent, very powerful car, view to believe, serious buyer only"

so they are into mercedes now....maybe start with 200 kompressor, later can upgrade to brabus tuned 6.5 litre v12 twin turbo engine transplant...easily can reach 700++ ps where the perdana cannot.... also later they can change the gear box to 7 speed g-tronic reinforced by AMG.....so can tahan the engine power....

Trengganu is a oil production state, and the state gomen there really live like one.....but they are considered good boy already....middle east boys are running with super fast ferrari, buggati or lambo...while they only ask for mercedes.....and its not even a brabus or amg tuned SLR.....

Last edited:

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
They have pocketed the money for maintenance. They make an obscene amount and pakat with the workshop instead.

That's the fact. Case closed!

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
A brand new gearbox no doubt cost RM2xk and the some mechanics quote the newspaper for RM4k and I can get 1 for RM1.2k :biggrin:

For so long, I don't recommend the high ranking gov officer like PM, DPM, MB, and etc to use PV6. Cause it is still not up to the class yet. If it is a national car, so what? I don't blame the TG gov bought the C200k, after all, they are the one who handle the gov and how they are gonna operate, will determine if they can have another chance to continue their political carrier in the future. Why not let them do it, the rakyat then judge the result before next election. If they can do well, why not let them have it? Want the horse can run fast but don't want the horse to eat grass, where got such easy money in this world.

Ok, no more merz. So what? Plenty of sub-cons rush to sponsor. Close both eyes point one also can get a new S-class or new 7 series.

Bawah pokok serbis merz for only RM500+ (on my bro's W210). 20k km 1 time. Overhaul the engine, replaced piston, pistons' rings, injectors, valves, timing chain and etc, all new parts, including workmanship for RM6k+. Who say is more expensive than PV6?

Using a kancil won't save the country. The leader in school can ride bicycle to show to the students a good example for saving money, but not for the real country leader. Why wanna force people to become an actor? If they think that is the way, just let them do with their way. I don't think anyone who work for people likes to be interrupted by boss frequently.

Face the fact. Minister in HK drive Aston Martin, big merz and etc. So they are wasting the people money? The people should be richer if that lady minister drive a QQ that made in China?

I'm sorry, I just don't want foreigners to label me as KDT. What is KDT? Nothing special, just a frog. Or can also say someone who never seen a big snake shtting :biggrin:

Since the merz already purchased, just let it be. The people should sit aside and wait for the ACA result. I hope it can extend till nation wide gov vehicle maintenance/parts providers. Wanna aim the gun to current TG MB, wait till before next election. Can dig out to squeeze them if they are doing not good enough.

Those who envy the merz, next time go relative's wedding dinner, can wear shorts and pagoda shirt. After eat, tapau some more. :confused: . Don't need to confuse, you had clearly answer yourself on relies on this thread. I can foresee some politicians will use kancil, slippers and etc to sell their medicine :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
If I'm the boss, I'll buy some Hummer H3 or H2. Why? To protect the VIP if Hindraf go riot again on the town :burnout::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
Agree wit eyong...
Thank you, Civic-R ....

They learn from young as a local councillor on how to "channel" and "manage" finance on activities like dinners, annual allowances for local communal projects etc. Then, when they become DUN, Sen or MP's, there are more of these so-called "Peruntukan" that goes up to the hundreds of thousands a year per-candidate for them to "shift, shape and transform" ...

xand

Known Member
Apr 26, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
They have pocketed the money for maintenance. They make an obscene amount and pakat with the workshop instead.

That's the fact. Case closed!
Case re-open:
Terengganu's Proton Service Centre and car workshop trade in USD.
- Case closed! -

links

1,500 RPM
May 26, 2004
rm175k for 4 years.....they need to send auditor to check the bills...

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Case re-open:
Terengganu's Proton Service Centre and car workshop trade in USD.
- Case closed! -
xand, not USD is in EURO..

Daniel Lee

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
with that amount of money they mentioned, and since they are not sending back the car for proton to maintain even its under warranty.....

possibly they might have modified the car so the warranty voided....what kind of modifications can spend $175k in less than 4 years? maybe a v6 twin turbo gto engine with larger turbine, customized forged piston, special crank shaft, valves, rings..etc .plus full stanless steel piping with big HKS intercooler and oil cooler.Not to forget about the micro-tech ECU and 6 pots brembo brake calipers plus disc rotors.......

why the gear box rosak? maybe they did not fix a gear box oil cooler and the engine is too powerful with 600ps on wheels....so the driver down shifted accidentally and blew the gear box or maybe the gear box oil get over heated and damage the parts inside.....

if they are selling off the perdanas...they can put in this phrase in the motor trader ads "vip's car, rm$175k modifications spent, very powerful car, view to believe, serious buyer only"
Where can I purchase this highly modded Perdana?:biggrin:

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
they should buy 4x4, then they can visit the resident in flood area to give help...

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
On ho my bad. they can twist my suggestions and get a scooby or evo.....:bawling: should be 4x4 pickup truck..hehe..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all friends,
I don’t know whether this is a problem or it is normal. It has happened very long time already but only today im very keen to know.
Compared to other car, yes mine smell more bad, but then everything looks normal. My idle is around 800rpm, my consumption for RM10 can go 80-90km, no jerking and what-so-ever other problems. My piping is normal and im using hks super dragger for the ekzos.
The problem is it smell bad{really make my nose pain} and can see a slight white...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience