corolla ke30....wad can be done !!!

ravingill

500 RPM
May 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
hye guys...had to repost as database crash hmm....anyway

i have a 1979 toyota corolla ke30.....

need ideas and revies on how to modify and maintain this car...

1.engine is stock wana mod not transplant...how to go about it
2.rims and tyres wad is the best......i kinda like deep dish type
3. any other opinions also welcomed ppl....

all help is really apreciated as i am newbie in handling old skool !!! he he

thx a lot guys !!

ravingill

500 RPM
May 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
b.u.m.p for today...cmon anyone wif old skool pls coment thtx ya !!!

ravingill

500 RPM
May 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
b.u.m.p

cmon ppl need ur ideas and reviews !!!

ravingill

500 RPM
May 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
why everyone so quieit suddenly last time gat so many reviews and ideas...now all quiet.....he he

anyways last bump....

panda

Known Member
Mar 21, 2004
www.empireshowbiz.com
YOu cant do much with the stock engine. best is put in a silvertop engine. Sure will scare a lotta Satria GTi and Putra at the traffic lights! It's not dear at all.

AE101-Wong

4,000 RPM
Jul 26, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
yaya...juz transplant silvertop 20V or blacktop 20V..
original engine don have much power and FC quite high.. plus parts difficult to find ler...

burnner

1,500 RPM
Feb 12, 2007
Yeah...best is transplan engine.
Then only you can know what type of wheels you wanna use.
why I say this, with new power, must use new shoes la...
Also don't forget about breaks...need to look into this area also...

20v_ke35

Known Member
Feb 7, 2005
Ipoh, Perak D R
Just search at the mighty web, you will find lots, lots, lots of ideas and fantasies there....
After that, ....tepuk poket, tanya diri!!!

ravingill

500 RPM
May 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
ryte...but bro...engien transpalny scared jpj neva approve la..coz its 1.2.......the new rulling how silvertop is 1.6.......last time i posted this thread b4 it gat deleted...someone said get a 7k block and match it wif the current 3k head....so taught of finding out more....anyways how much is silvertop goin for....mayb make sleeper car...lol lol lol !!!

boy-4agze

Known Member
Mar 22, 2007
its ok maa.. toyota dont have 1.5 engine yg kuat.. all is 1.6, now u cant ask JPJ putrjaya first.. if they say ok to tranplan.. wahhh... the old school have VVT.. u can visit www.teamtoyterminator.org

thy all the old school boy... old school never die"

ravingill

500 RPM
May 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
wad u mean jp putajaya...why they approve easily isit...bcoz im studyin in tarc setapak i taught must go there and check...by da way wads the price for transplant roughfly guys.....and if anyone here has done it pls share ur experience....as i am very newbie in old skool....thx guys for everything !!!

boy-4agze

Known Member
Mar 22, 2007
sorry.. jpj putrajaya. now must dpt surat from jpj putrajaya baru can register.. some my friend pay to runner to get surat.. cost si high,,

halfcut backwheel so mhal.. but i know some bengkel can to transplamnt.. he expert in longshaft mesin

Bal PV1040

Dec 20, 2006
long live KE30..bro.. use 2 piece BR banana sport rim la.. baru masyukkkk...

superb modified included JPJ approval.. u can try conyact raxzee...

ravingill

500 RPM
May 29, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
www.facebook.com
thx bro so far for allreview....

turbo10 >> where to find 5k or 7k engine...and how muc will it cost roughfly

balpv >> who is raxzee......more info neede....by da way anyone noe where to get parts for this ke30 corolla...like taillights / dashboard all....any potong kereta or anything !!!

thx a lot guys

turbo10

500 RPM
Dec 11, 2003
sg petani kedah
its hard to say where coz the engine might be in any chop shop..7ke last i saw at my place cost rm1.7k (it's from an unser halfcut)..i forgot it came with the efi or not..if u want to retain classical value of ur car might mod the 5k,7k and sidedrafts, reprofile the cams + modify ur campulley to make it adjustable..4-1 extractors,increase compression,straight pipings..but still u have to register ur new engine and mods above might cost u like transplant a 4age.
i'd rather swap to a newer efi engine like 4age or if u can find any old scool 2tg or 3tgte for a cheaper price..4age from ae86 will cost u rm4k++ for the halfcut alone but u can save workmanship and gearbox,u might also get a package with rear lsd axle + discbrakes and u can still use the power steering system and absorbers (with some mod) from the halfcut.
if u buy a 4age/4agze halfcut from ae92,ae101 or ae111, maybe u can save some money from a cheaper halfcut (depend on the engine u choose) but workmanship will cost u a bomb coz converting from ff to fr not that easy, water pipeline routing, firewall need to mod (in 20v 4age case), u cant use the suspension system, u need to buy the gearbox (u might trade in ur ff g/b and driveshaft..if the shop want it), u can use your ke30 axle but it will not be as exciting as lsd with rear discs..mebbe it sound expensive but compared to what u get from the engine mebbe worth it.i suggest 4age from the ae86.
for rims u might get one of these ssr.i saw kazuto selling this rm2.5k-3k (do they should cost that high??)..if u can get it somewhere else cheaper plz tell me..i want it too.

Last edited:

sbirdz

1,500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
S.Kembangan
sbirdz_jackals.blogs.friendster.com
20v_ke35, rare car u got urselves there... damn rare on road ithers.. haha!! wops.. sorry r.. Ravingill... u were saying something mods like this? hahha!!

hahaha!! :P

It is not my car, but that is what i have researched on the body parts which can be done later. At the moment, my Ke20 is terlantar covered in a side of my house parking yard. Reason is pretty simple:

To ressurect 3K engine - Diesel block 1.2k cc base engine... u can have few budget choice whereby u will be remaining it in K-series family, which means no big mods on the chasis there. Best of course u can go for 7k with weber... but i doubt even if u have one, u will be slamming ur head onto the wall for more inforamtions or how to service and take care of ur engine. So the rest of 4k,5k... i rasa for sure u aren't interested already.

So the so call, normal swap process... u have 2 choice!~ ONLY!~~
1. 4age 16v - rear wheel drive spec...
2. 4agze 16v - supercharger rear wheel drive specs... on levin series...

Both half cut... price... started on a pretty nice amount... RM10k for your half cut only... or if u lucky, u can get AE86 cut for 8-9k? ^_^ then plus and minus the works manship... they will have to change and modified your engine mounting... so u place there additional 1k already.. alright.. :) your parts... new oil, gb oil, timing belt,.. rm8++ ^_^ then runner settlement... it is 1.2k leaps to 1.6k cc... so it won't be normal standard rm300 type... u have to get ready another rm700 i believes... just for the guaranted procedures here...

so ended up, u will need rm12k plus to ressurect the whole KE series toyota... and btw dun forget, body rust and rewelding parts.... if a really master sifu of tukang besi out there.. they will charge u rm1k plus (a bit more)... reason, they are't just ketuk only.... they will cut out those rusted metal out and reweld back with a whole new piece of metal back.. espect this to be taking u 2-3 weeks.. or best... give them 1 month.. dun rush them... *uncle bad temper ones... sekali kasi bakar berlubang ur car*...

good thing about KE20-30 series with 4age... ^_^ AE101 corolla local with SVT gets 120 horsi... but KE20-30 with 4age 16v gets juiced up more than 130 horsi out... reason!~ the car too light... 2ndly point! it is FR .... so hahha!! :P u will be respected by me at first if i saw one KE/TE series car on the road.. for sure i will slow down and pass by them quietly... ^_^

hahah!! hope this info helps alright... and if u need a pinpoint on workshop... there is one in Pandan indah, beside OPTIMA garage or nearby my friend DAWS garage there... and out of 20 over workshop there.. there is only this ONE tiny little workshop who will be willingly to do this transplating for u... :) reason, it is TOO HEADACHE!~ :)

sbirdz

1,500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
S.Kembangan
sbirdz_jackals.blogs.friendster.com
turbo 10.. ^_^ kazuto rim's r... hahah!! yeap... pretty light aren't they... but price place on table time... fuiyo!~~ siap i silent inside my heart say!~ "U wanna buy my car or not? hahhaa!!! frankly... i rather fish at internet or dig myself for those rims rather than paying rm2-3k for some old school 15' deep dish rims.... coz i bukannya printing money!~ hahhaa!! hard earn cash!~~ sepuloh sen also is money!~~ hahhaa!!

btw Ravingill, T-series engine also u can place in... and the above info is what i collected so far back... although now i am still concentrating on my AE101 first... but i am still trying to collect data and keep on updating news and info for my KE20... :)

if u a pro, u can go buy one piece by one piece.... like buy one FF halfcut SVT/BT then u find those other FR parts from AE86 to combine with the FF halfcut, and the rest of unused part, u sell it back outside... but for me, i dun think i can barely find this thing... coz it is way too hard and rare... it is like waiting the sky to rain golds coin down...

so the best and also the worst nightmare is the cash... and also a halfcut of AE86 full set... then u won't have headache.. :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I need help adjusting this carburetor..
anybody know how i can tune this thing?
my engine idle RPM too high..about 1.7k RPM..
where to find its idle screw and mixture screw?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience