Converting EJ7 Auto to Manual

yellow eg hatch ?? Taman Berjaya rite ? his house right opposite the main road...huhuh I tot dat guy got 2 egs (hatch and 4 door) and 1 kelisa turbo. My house just behind his house lerrr

ayyooo..so near laa....nevermind..next taim see you there laa...ekekekke and i'll tell u everythin...:D

ekekekke..you're lucky to get that gearbox + extractor. Those part last time chasing EVO5 eventhought makan asap after that ekkekek

Wah on my engine bay alredy :P cucuking FTO, Evo also, ermmm B20B, hurmm sommore vr4, GSR and soo on... wakakaka

Hey this daniel that want to convert gear box actually my old classmate back in 2003 KDU PJ... wakakakaka budaak ini banyak jahat..., last time driving a SUZUKI RGV... wakakaakak abeng type... wkakakakakaakakakkakaakak

waaalaaauuuweeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ALBANI........

YOUR SECRETS ARE REVEALED !!!!!!!!

Vanilla.....summore secrets please........Vanilla.....summore secrets please........Vanilla.....summore secrets please........Vanilla.....summore secrets please........Vanilla.....summore secrets please........Vanilla.....summore secrets please........Vanilla.....summore secrets please........

Oh yah... hes using Hondata s200 :D wow... damm fast la his car...

cucuking B20B??? errrmmmm...How dare you cucuked your Big Bro a.k.a Bro in law car??? ekekekekk

hahahah..sorry Bunny..it's not me who has reveal your setting...not me....Fat Joe did!! ekekkekek

vanila banyak cakap.....
hahahhaa
can't till my gearbox convertion.....after convertion can feel real honda power

Vanila, can help me check with ur mechanic how much it'll cost for the convertion with manual ECU, all in total
cheers

why need manual ECU??? I think vanilla still running with auto ECU with no problemo..can reach 220kmh summore :P

i kno it's almost the same, but it would be better if got manual ecu right? Vanila told me his gearbox everything ok, just tht the fifth gear not much response, i was thinkin maybe its the ecu?

I dun think there will be any need to swap to manual ecu if u are converting local ej civics to manual provided that the ecm and tcm are seperate modules. just rewire some of the hard wires to trick the car thinking it is on park so that you can get the key out. this applies to 96-98 ek3 jdm 1.5L civics too.

Saying so I am not sure that using back the auto ecu the engine can engage vtec. Honda ECU's are built in such a way that if one of the components are malfunctioning (i.e. removing the auto gearbox will trigger the ecu to think that the gearbox failed, unless it is tricked otherwise) it will go into limp mode i.e. all basic engine functions will work, but no vtec. CEL will light up in this case i think.

Anyone can comment on this would be a great help+info

Unlike the latter civics (99-00 both jdm and malaysian spec) with the tcm+ecm combined so swapping to manual would require the genuine manual ecu to work.

Big V,
i've converted my gearbox, using manual gearbox with auto ECU, the results....
MAGNIFICIENT!!!!! Vtec definitely OPERATIONAL!!!!
Man, i couldn't believe the different in the power, its just speechless.
u reallly need a manual gearbox to feel the vtec and honda power, i just couldn't express it, ask vanila, i am so glad i converted my gearbox, no regrets there. it saves fuel too, give about extra 50km plus a tankful.

good info!

Can you elaborate on the swap?
1. are you using back the auto meter panel? if so is the shift indicator at P or at D? which indicator position u are using if u need to retrieve the key?
2. are there cutting involved to house the shifter links?
3. were there any CEL after the swap?
4. does your ej7 use a seperate ECU for the engine and TCM for the auto gear b4 the swap?

im using 99-00 d15b dual vtec cvt 1.5L civic with the ECU and tranny ecu combined and plan to swap tranny too. Would I need a proper manual ecu or just do without the TCM would suffice?

anyone can contribute would be gr8
thx

Hey, Big V
You PM me before about the gearbox, remember? ur's is a CVT gearbox, mine is not. its a 97' SO4 civic. As for my case, after the conversion, no CEL light, using auto ECU. i believe they just remove the auto gearbox nobes, they rest of the wiring is the same.

Yah I asked you about it b4. Just when I realise you were referring to ej civics I din inquire further.

I'm still gathering information/knowledge as well. Even though it does not apply to my CVT+d15b+obd2b case hence to harm knowing your side of the story.

Till date I'm fairly sure i will need the manual ecu for my case. Considered yous lucky coz dun have to go through the hassle to source for the elusive manual 3 stage vtec ecu for obd2 ek3 civic :motz:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom