Conversion: Wira 1.5 Siemens ECU to Carburetor

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

camsaw

Known Member
hi,
yes you didn't see it wrongly, i'm thinking of converting my Siemens ECU 1.5 Wira to carburetor.

reasons:
1. limited budget: around RM1000~1200
2. no engine transplant allowed (due to family)
3. get whatever possible from current 4G15.

carburetor should be the most potential way to go. as you guys know, Siemens ECU known as has no way to go and difficult to tune. And i wil have a lot of carburators to choose after conversion.

i have gain information on following stuffs need to be swapped:
1. Throttle body --> carb (of course)
2. intake manifold
3. distributor
4. adding an exit pump

these 4 are what i know so far that need to swap/add into my EFI Wira.

some ppl told me fuel tank and fuel pump need to be replaced as well but some told me don't need.

anyway, i would like to know is there any other parts from EFI needs to be swapped out or replaced?? Air Con?? Power Steering??

and anything else to be take note?

thank You:regular_smile:

installing a carbie into the EFi is simpler compared to installing an EFi into a carbie. so anywayz, the first thing you need to take note is the distrobutor and also the fuel pump. i believe the EFi has a high pressure fuel pump so im guessing you would need to get a fuel pressure regulator to control the pressure so that the fuel could be pumped sufficiently into the carb. talking about the carb, what kinda carb are you planning to get? if you plan to get a stock carb, i guess its not worth it unless you are getting a DCNF or DCOE which would provide you more power than your stock EFi and carb. the cost of the carb itself would and might go over your RM1000 budget =)

hi gavan,
thanks for replying. so far i'm kinda confused at the fuel pump part, as what i know there are two "pumps" to pump the fuel:

1. fuel pump (in the petrol tank) : Does a carbie 4G13/15 has this pump???
2. exit pump (located next to the engine, gold colour): Only carbie models have this pump.

my questions:

if both EFI and carb models have a fuel pump, are they the same??

can i just use the EFI fuel pump to pump the fuel into carburator?? or should i buy an exit pump and connect it as those in carb Wira and let exit pump pump the fule into carburator??

if i use EFI fuel pump to pump the fuel, would it be "overpressure" and spoil the carburator??

i still don't know need to buy a carb Wira fuel tank or not :confused_smile:

gavan,
about the carburetor selection part, i am planing to get a stock 4G15 carburetor installed and running first, my car won't likely to have any power incresement in this way, but i can at least make the car running without troubles from my mechanic (easier to install stuffs and vacumm hoses for him) and at the mean time i can learn some basic turning with stock carburetor, and also slowly look for a better one (maybe Weber, Solex or other performance type) for upgrade.

for distributor part, i'll use back stock carburetor Wira distributor.

btw, just wondering, is 4G15 SOHC Japan and local using the same carburetor?? or got any difference??

thanks for helping :regular_smile:

first time i've ever heard anyone wanting a carb to an efi.
i'm still on my carb engine but using a mikuni twin choke carb, performance not too bad but i think u should upgrade ur cam first. it is the best way to get more power...
wish u good luck on ur project!

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom