Comparing HID colors, brands VVMEME vs DDM

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

aderzhang

Banned
Jul 13, 2010
Lewes/DE
www.mydepots.com
there has been a lot of talk on here and other forums about HID conversion kits. For many of you this is new and confusing, it is hard to compare different companies by their web pages. You never really know what you have until you get it.

This will be season 4 with HID conversions for me. I have tried many brands and colors. Here are some comparison pics of different lights that I have laying around. The lights go as follows from left to right... VisonX 4601 HID (7000K), JW Speaker 9710 HID (4100k) (off of a JD 4730 Sprayer), VVME 35w 4300k, DDM Tuning 35w 4500k, Xentec 35w 5000K (all of the last three in the same Speaker flood light housings).

I run all VVME 4300k kits on our equipment and that's all i put on others machines too. I'm not saying that DDM doesn't have a good product but once you have tried the other HID lights i think you would find that for a few bucks more the VVME kits are worth it, thats just my personal opinion.

The reason I like them is VVME kits are cheap, reliable, and almost identical to the factory HID on the tractors and they are not blue like other kits. Some of you might like the blue and thats fine, but I hope you can see there is a difference between HID kits. You will be able to see the differences in the light color.

This will also show the variability between HID companies on how they rate the color temperature of their lights vs what they really are. The biggest thing I noticed was that the DDM 4500k bulb is more blue than almost even though it should be one of the whiter lights.

At the bottom I will put links where to get the products I am showing. Any questions feel free to email me and I will help you any way I can. I was also wondering if there would be much demand if i had different types of light kits made up ready to install that were for sale for NAT users, just a thought since I have kits and light housings laying around and if i could make it easier for a few of you the time would be worth it.

This Picture shows the VisionX, Speaker HID and the VVME 4300K on. The Speaker and the VVME are basically identical in color and light output.

Speaker HID, VVME 4300k - DDM 4500k (right) its much more blue

VVME (left) DDM (right)

VVME 4300k left Xentec 5000k right

VisionX 4601HID

Ballasts
On the left is the DDM ballast the center is Xentec ballast, to those who are looking at VVME kits that is the same as the "normal ballast" or DDM this would be the new "raptor" ballast, also this is the same sells. Left is the VVME slim ballast, when to take them apart they are basically identical to DDM ballast. I still like the VVME ballast just because of the one piece setup with shorter wires and the igniter is built into the ballast box not a separate small black box like you see on the slim ballasts. Most of what I install and use on mine and others are the slim ballast, they claim the life expectancy is higher on the slims.

VVME kits

http://www.vvme.com/hid-convertion-kit-c-44.html

(Always email them with a list of what you want for a quote on kit prices- lately I have been getting slim ballast kits for around $60 with 3 day shipping)

VisonX4601
http://www.visionxoffroad.com/hid/4600/

DDM kits
http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?p=product&id=101&parent=85

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

i post it here cos i once saw several postes in other forums complainning and comparing DDM and VVME and some other brands.... some bad luck ones bought VVME hid and encounter some problems so they compain too much and roar that chinese stuff are shit and sucks..........still some one bought DDM encounter problems....

even though we shop for HP pc (the famous computer brand worldwide) , still we meet bad problems and bad customer service......

i feel sad for their experience,,,, but that comment is unfair even though there are indeed some cheap not good quality chinese stuff exported to foreign countries but that shouldnt mean china doesnt have good and quality stuff..........every country can export some cheap but not good quality products..............

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

HI ... recently I have a problem on my LEXUS IS 250 ... a PCS light indicator appear on my meter cluster , and it cannot be reset ... I'd try send to few workshop but still cant fix it ... for all senior out there , any help or advise for me ??? thank'ss .... :adore::adore::adore:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience