Clutch Pump Problem

speedking

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
every morning when i start my car...my clutch very low, but after engine warm up....clutch become very high....i have change my upper and lower clutch pump...but problem still there...
wat is wrong?
please help...
yesterday i have send to my mech to release air, then problem solved....but this morning problem come out again...
previously was using cable clutch now change to oil pump type and this problem occur...this is the second time changing clutch pump...
if let say the pump to pedal alignment is not correct...i mean lari abit, will it cause this problem?
i'm using Dot 4 oil for my clutch pump..and original pump...not those cap ayam brand..

sifu pls help

vestax

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Damansara Heigh
www.fivio.com
the thrown out bearing shaft might be jam'ed up , i use to have that problem , same thing as you mention , so best is to ask ur mech to check the clutch pump system first , if still cannot solve by changing all the minor parts like , upper & lower seal + hose and stil having the same problem , then maybe its time to ask him to take out the gb and inspect all the moving parts especially the thrown out shaft , if detected that the thrown out shaft cannot take out , then have to bring to machine shop and flame torch the shaft till the can knock it out , normally the shaft will come out easliy if its not jam'ed up . after getting it out , make sure its skimed till its smooth and get a high temp grease , regrease the shaft & the shaft housing . its a matter of getting all the moving parts greased so that it doesnt get stuck when its not in use .

the problem now ur facing might not be a major one , cause there might be rust on most of the moving parts related with the clutch system , so once you start pumping the clutch pedal and after a long drive , it will perform like normal , cause the rust has been scrape off by friction , but once you leave your car untouch for a day , the rust will form back and it goes on & on . this is based on my experience .

anyway this is just a opinion , cause i face the same thing as you did , there might be other problem , but then its best to get the shaft check if you are doing a clutch change anytime soon , so that you do need to do double work in future .

not all gearbox uses this kind of system , the newer gearbox , such as F5M22 uses a fork but without the shaft , so this only applied to those using the shaft system .

image of the thrown out bearing shaft similiar to the F5M21 gearbox " abit rusted " :

speedking

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
thanks for the reply bro,
but bro i think is the other way round...when my clutch is low, it is abnormally low(super low)...but when it is high is become abnormally high(super high)...
but after my mech release the air, only it become normal...the engage point is around half release of the clutch pedal...

like wat u mentioned the clutch is low if the shaft is stuck is quite logic, but how come it become super high after engine warm up? coz when my mech install the new clutch pump and when everything is working fine, the engage point is only half release of clutch pedal...weird er....
cause if the rust has been scrape off it should become normal like half pedal to engage clutch right?

and I just change my clutch pad, clutch cover and the bearing 3 months ago... and this thing happen only after i change the above item...
now it is getting worst

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hai all sifu, i need advise for evo3 engine. i am thinking to change my gsr to evo3 engine n how can i c the code for evo3 with vr4 evo1 evo2 coz all these engine code start with 4g63....?? is the maintenance same with gsr wat i mean here is ori evo3. n how bout the fuel comsumption my gsr rm60 can go about 400km like tat. Hope someone can give me some advise me before i transplant the engine
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience