Civic 2.0 fd 2006 absorber - engine

Jul 5, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi

1 - Recently the engine noise in my honda started to sound loud and not smooth. ( when ever the meter hits 2000 rpm ) the engine noise will start to sound different. It gives out a loud roaring noise. ( it never does that before ). Is there something wrong with the engine? is there some kind of friction on the wheel? ( whenever i ram the car, the noise doesn't comes out. It happens only when the car is on the move )

2 - I changed my absorber once. Now, the absorber feels too hard. Im not sure whether its good or bad, but compared to my fathers merc, my absorber is absolutely too hard. Whenever it hits a hole, it feels as if the hold is huge, and the body hits it. As if there were no suspension kit what so ever. Do i need to change the absorber? is the absorber wearing off? can the absorber be adjusted?

Could somebody help me with this. Is it about time? or its just some minor problem.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
actually from my own experience driving the FD2....its not the engine noise. its because of the noise insulation problem, the car when moving, the tires friction on the road tends to come into the passenger cabin - therefore it create a very undesirable feelings like maybe bearing noise, engine noise or so on.

it has been common among civic FD, your best counter measure is to change to a soft compound tires with less noise while moving or switch on yr stereo louder.

but the best still to go check with yr nearest honda service centre just in case.
cheerz

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, need some help here. Does Apexi S-ITC significantly increases an engine's performance? Does it make any difference on installing and not installing it?
Thanks in advance for those who replied...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience