choosing ecu!

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

zharif syahir

Dec 31, 2012
Selangor
hey guys!

i just bought a car which is wira that use 4g13 engine. the car has make a little modification such as Air intake, lightning crank pulley, adjustable cam pulley and high cam. This modification has made by an old owner the price just bought for rm6k only.

Now i have a trouble with my Siemens ecu, which i cant disturb my ecu such as i want to install external rpm meter, lancer meter only because of that ecu. When i go to N1 racing they said i need to change to piggy back or standalone ecu. and the price is too expensive.

my question is :-

1.what is piggyback and standalone ecu act?

2.Should i change it and what brand for my car?

3.If need to change the best way to use is what? standalone or piggyback ( remember for 4g13)

Thank you for helping me!:itsme:

Last edited:

Rleo6965

Known Member
Jun 22, 2012
Philippines
It's no need for your to connect to ECU and get signal for external RPM meter. You can get signal from the Distributor connector Tach wire. If signal was not compatible and RPM Meter does not work. You need additional circuit tach interface as mentioned by ecupro.

Try first without the interface circuit. If it does not work. Post specification of your RPM Meter. We need to know tach input signal voltage to be able to create interface circuit.

Last edited:

samuel1121

1,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2006
:idea: Go and find PS-PowerSport enhancement gadgets from their PS-Power M'sia facebook , they must have the right thing you need for your sophisticated VDO Siemens ECU upgrade !