Changing Pistons.

Turborized

Known Member
Jun 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
If i am not wrong, yrv pistons is 73mm, i wanna change to bigger pistons, what car/piston size would be able to fit to my engine.

route

Apr 11, 2005
need to bore but will be quite thin, prone to overheat

spirit4age

Dec 17, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
hi all the sifus,

just want to ask. how much would it cost to change pistons?
i'm newbie here don't know much about engine modification.
any information given here would be much apprieciated. thanks

jun_ng_1208

Known Member
Jul 2, 2008
Cheras
hi all the sifus,

just want to ask. how much would it cost to change pistons?
i'm newbie here don't know much about engine modification.
any information given here would be much apprieciated. thanks
It depends on which piston set you're looking at, there is no specific amount of money on changing piston mate :) perhaps you should learn about what changing piston can do for your car then you can start looking at how much you would need to prepare for it :) Just my 2 cent worth of opinion~

spirit4age

Dec 17, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
It depends on which piston set you're looking at, there is no specific amount of money on changing piston mate :) perhaps you should learn about what changing piston can do for your car then you can start looking at how much you would need to prepare for it :) Just my 2 cent worth of opinion~
because i have no idea on how much it will cost. currently i'm running on some minor mods only. thanks for your information =)

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
first off, when changing pistons u need to take into account the price of the pistons itself.

after that u need to take into account the upah... can go from rm600 above.

then u need to take into account the cost of gaskets, engine oils etc.

dont be surprised if ur aircond gas needs to top up as well.

Rleo6965

Known Member
Jun 22, 2012
Philippines
You have also into account you have to rebore your engine block to fit normally the oversized piston and rings. Sleeve will be thinner and engine prone to overheat..

Timeattacker

Known Member
Mar 8, 2012
Johor Bahru
m.facebook.com
Hi,
would like to take a chances to all sifus ere,anyone ere can gimme me some advised on how much for the yrv engine only??as i oredi have all the parts ready,now i juz need a reasonable price Yrv Engine...any clues??hope some one can help me outs..

many thanks and really appreciated..

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
Hi,
would like to take a chances to all sifus ere,anyone ere can gimme me some advised on how much for the yrv engine only??as i oredi have all the parts ready,now i juz need a reasonable price Yrv Engine...any clues??hope some one can help me outs..

many thanks and really appreciated..
contact these guys

PRO Niaga: Wado Sakura Motorsport

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
dunno.... u can always go their shop since the address is there...

if u havent clicked on their ads... try doing so...they put handphone numbers in their ad

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It's an early morning and you're in dire need of coffee. No problem. Here's three-time ALMS GT2 Driver's Champion and Le Mans winner, Patrick Long, heading out for a speedy, exhilarating coffee run for work-mate Hurley Haywood. Apparently, it's a daily morning routine for Patrick and we can see why Porsche allows him to get coffee in a 911 GT3 RS 4.0!

<!--more-->Featuring a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience