Change current Car Register Number ?

dkny

Known Member
Jul 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Anyone know what the procedure to change the current car register number ?
Reason : Don't really like the current number, and plan to change to other register number ?

What other thing involve? Insurance, JPJ ..... etc.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
changing is possible, but have to change your number from another existing car or a new registration.

A runner could do it for you, for a fee.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
changing is possible, but have to change your number from another existing car or a new registration.

A runner could do it for you, for a fee.
I thought only can change old for new registration. Old for old cannot be done, right?

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

Anyone know what the procedure to change the current car register number ?
Reason : Don't really like the current number, and plan to change to other register number ?

What other thing involve? Insurance, JPJ ..... etc.
Found this....

Official Portal of Road Transport Department Malaysia

dkny

Known Member
Jul 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
A bit confuse, the old register number need to register to other car ?
Example Car A with register number AAA. Now I want to replace Car A with number BBB, so number AAA just leave like that or need to register to car B ?
Number BBB must be old or new register number ?

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
so long there is an exchange of numbers between one vehicle to another vehicle, it is OK and acceptable.

Bike to car oso can.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
A bit confuse, the old register number need to register to other car ?
Example Car A with register number AAA. Now I want to replace Car A with number BBB, so number AAA just leave like that or need to register to car B ?
Number BBB must be old or new register number ?
if not mistaken u only have this option, buy a new motorbike or car with the new number that u wish to have then register the bike/car with your old number plate & the new number plate goes to your current car - its call interchange number.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
if not mistaken u only have this option, buy a new motorbike or car with the new number that u wish to have then register the bike/car with your old number plate & the new number plate goes to your current car - its call interchange number.
Yup, that is as far as I know too. New car or bike with new registration number exchange with old number, then sell of new car/bike. Old number to old number cannot....:smokin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Yup, that is as far as I know too. New car or bike with new registration number exchange with old number, then sell of new car/bike. Old number to old number cannot....:smokin:
U mean if Wira Number plate exchange with Saga Number plate cannot be done?

Must be new car only can? Damn, means u r spending RM5K> at least min for a new kapchai just to change number plate. Then if it is nice number lagi cialat.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
U mean if Wira Number plate exchange with Saga Number plate cannot be done?

Must be new car only can? Damn, means u r spending RM5K> at least min for a new kapchai just to change number plate. Then if it is nice number lagi cialat.
Yup, cannot exchange old number for old, only new. Some buy new car keep old number, so now have to buy new car/bike to have new number.....:banghead:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Yup, cannot exchange old number for old, only new. Some buy new car keep old number, so now have to buy new car/bike to have new number.....:banghead:
Damn la, then my mousedeer number plate no need change liao. The price to change the plate of my mira would get me another mousedeer with the some extra cash left in hand.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Damn la, then my mousedeer number plate no need change liao. The price to change the plate of my mira would get me another mousedeer with the some extra cash left in hand.
When buy use car time, don't like number, don't buy mah!:biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
hahahah, at that time so syoik with the car, forgot to notice the number kua??:biggrin:
Last time when I was looking for a used car, found one that was really in good condition, color and paint work perfect also, then when saw number plate had to let it pass......:smokin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Potential Buyers out there , please be careful when you wanna change your lower arms ... i would say it's the best to get from original manufacturer in which of course the price to pay is definitely higher ...

this is what i saw with my own eyes but sorry i did not snap any pictures ... saw this shop in Segambut were spraying new coating of black colour on lower arms @ the black alley.

i managed to take a peep inside the shop and i was super surprised that there's like a mountain of...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience