Catalytic Converter

ryonan

Known Member
Anyone want to sell theirs...or know where i can find them? let me know ok..

Bro Ryonan..if u have ask about 3 months earlier I would have given mine to u FOC...but becoz of space issue..scrap it alreadi...:)

ayaa...really ka? lost opportunity lah...hehe.. black-tezza, u got PM...hope u use greytezza's price as benchmark..hehe

anyone want to let go the manual one? Im looking for one.

ayaa...really ka? lost opportunity lah...hehe.. black-tezza, u got PM...hope u use greytezza's price as benchmark..hehe

greytezza's got no price as benchmark le...charity price...kekeke. pm sent.

hm... why u finding catalytic converter?
i just sawed my one out.. haha

the CAT broken already lah..make loud buzzing sound..
took it out few months ago and replaced with pipe from JFA..
but low end pick up lost lah without it..
if u still have yours, let me know

the CAT broken already lah..make loud buzzing sound..
took it out few months ago and replaced with pipe from JFA..
but low end pick up lost lah without it..
if u still have yours, let me know

I still have mine actually.. but i think it would be a hassle if u want mine cause i am currently in sabah. anyways yeah i do have the same problem for the low end pick up.. but i found out, that for auto... it happens usually on the 2nd gear betweet 2300 rpm - 2,500 rpm. However i do notice that there is some improvement in the top speed.

anybody got some inputs to this?

u cut ur CAT and replaced with normal piping or with RSR downpipe?
i think removing cat is beneficial for manual cars but not auto..
same principal like muffler lah...s-flow is better than straight for auto cars..

but if have engine management device such as powerFC etc, then low end can be improved although dont have the CAT..

for manual, can also get high flow CAT with brands such as SARD...cost more than RM2k
i've never seen aftermarket CAT for auto altezza though..
anyone seen it?

u cut ur CAT and replaced with normal piping or with RSR downpipe?
i think removing cat is beneficial for manual cars but not auto..
same principal like muffler lah...s-flow is better than straight for auto cars..

but if have engine management device such as powerFC etc, then low end can be improved although dont have the CAT..

for manual, can also get high flow CAT with brands such as SARD...cost more than RM2k
i've never seen aftermarket CAT for auto altezza though..
anyone seen it?

I actually cut it off and replaced with straight piping. I do agree with u its more benefitial for manual cars, because removing it will reduce back pressure which relatively affects the pick up... But i feel even the high flow cats are not as efficient as compared when u remove them and get them replaced with straight pipe. i did some research on this and it was stated somewhere..

yeah my next investment will be to invest in a engine management system.

Oh yeah is removing our cats in malaysia illegal? any insights?

i dont think its illegal...typical malaysia lah where the laws are too loose and not defined properly..
even if it is illegal i do not see how anyone can know or check it..
the cops check our exhaust sound pun agak2 jer. "ini exhaust bising lah...ayaa tuan macamana tuan tau...memang bising punya ni..prongnngg..proonngg...saya saman ni..(without any equipment to test decibel)

as far as i know it also doesnt appear in puspakom checklist for inspection

like in western countries.. they usually test the fumes that comes out from ur exhaust.. they check for excessive contents of nitrogen as well as other pollutants emmited because with the cat absent, it is unable to convert these pollutants to be less dangerous the the environment.. haha
I know they check for diesel cars during puspakom inspection but i am not sure if they stick that thing into our exhausts as well.. any comments?

sorry to bring thread back... but i'm also looking for cat-converter for auto altezza. any member want to let go or sell?

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom