Castrol contest winners get to meet Ronaldo

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

Three lucky winners from Malaysia were rewarded by Castrol recently with the opportunity to travel to Madrid, Spain, where they got the chance to meet the Castrol Global Ambassador, Cristiano Ronaldo, and train at Real Madrid’s training facility at Valdebebas.

The trip was the result of an integrated Castrol campaign for its consumers and trade partners that saw Goh Su Chin winning the Castrol Edge ‘Kick it like Ronaldo’ contest for consumers and Tan Haan Chiang that won the Castrol ‘Meet Ronaldo in Madrid’ challenge for trade partners. The last winner was Tan Geok Heng of the Castrol ‘Power 1 Pour & Win’ contest for motorcycle workshop mechanics.

“Meeting Ronaldo and training at the Valdebebas was beyond anything I ever imagined. I thoroughly enjoyed the kick-about with Real Madrid trainers on the field and the opportunity to speak with Ronaldo personally. We even got him to autograph our training kits,” said Tan Haan Chiang, a Castrol distributor from Kedah.

“To be in the Real Madrid Trophy Room with all the Cups the team and players have won was fantastic. I especially treasured the experience as Castrol guests were given VIP treatment the whole way through – from the pre-game cocktails right through the great seats we got,” said Tan Geok Heng, a motorcycle workshop owner from Pagoh.

The icing on the cake, according to Goh Su Chin, from Penang, was Ronaldo scoring his first hattrick of the season for Real Madrid, “I was so happy to be a part of a milestone moment for Ronaldo at Real Madrid. This journey to Madrid exceeded all my expectations. From football and food to the history and culture of Spain, this trip has been an awesome personal experience.”

“This contest is the extension of Castrol’s 2010 FIFA World Cup partnership, which is the largest and most prestigious sponsorship that Castrol has ever undertaken in our illustrious 100-plus year history,” said Mark Ng, Marketing Director for Castrol Malaysia and Singapore.

For more information on Castrol and their extensive range of automotive lubricants, log onto www.castrol.com.my and for key football insights, hit up www.castrolfootball.com.

Attachments

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Here's some extra jalapeno sauce to sprinkle on yesterdays static shots of the Scion FR-S Concept, basically Scion's take on the Toyota-Subaru jointly-developed rear-wheel drive coupe. Toyota have now been so kind as to release two videos of the FR-S, a really short one and a really long one, to further stroke our loins and tease us silly whilst...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience