Car theft safety

johndoe

Known Member
May 8, 2005
trex92 said:
johndoe, johndoe... tsk tsk tsk.... so i assume ur car dun put any alarm at all since that you imply that alarm no use at all?

It would seem that wat I have mentioned above all have gone to waste...

I dun mean that ur rm3k alarm is useless, it's just a waste of money for those who can'rt afford to pay....i'm suggesting a better and cheaper way to counter car theft...no offence..

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
johndoe said:
I dun mean that ur rm3k alarm is useless, it's just a waste of money for those who can'rt afford to pay....i'm suggesting a better and cheaper way to counter car theft...no offence..
hmmm... okie, no offense taken then...

kumat

Nov 10, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
i used locktact pedal lock.plus with 2 steering lock..Yale steering lock and tREX steering lock for my car....maybe next month i wanna to buy gear lock for total protection for my car....money is nothing for this kind of security investment

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
u replied to a topic last discuss...... 6 years ago. Salute.

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
He just join zth bai, i think he din realise the date of the post..

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
i used locktact pedal lock.plus with 2 steering lock..Yale steering lock and tREX steering lock for my car....maybe next month i wanna to buy gear lock for total protection for my car....money is nothing for this kind of security investment
My recommendation?

Don't tell people what brand and what type of system you have installed. Thieves have internet too you know.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
simple, they don't open the doors. The thieves usually break the little triangle window and the back doors of Proton Wiras. Breaking the window would not trigger the alarm. And if ur back window is not auto window, the reach in and wind down the window. Then they climb in thru the window to the driver's seat. They then hot wire you car and reset the alarm. Kow tim...!
Some car's factory alarm comes with somewhat motion sensors I think? There was once I just armed and locked my car by the remote with passengers inside, like more than once, found out as long as there is movement in the car, the alarm went off...anyone tried this before? So, if it exist, then even if they climb through the rear window, the alarm will go off.

Best just tint the windows with security tint to at least 5mil, one of the ways to prevent car thefts from breaking in from your windows. :top:

Nowadays lots of promotions and discount on those online discount coupons on tinting, you guys may wanna try to look out for those promotions/discounts.

Try Everyday Coupons or Groupons. :wink:

u replied to a topic last discuss...... 6 years ago. Salute.
Nvm la, I have never seen this post before but is kinda useful :biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
There's a thousand ways to break into a car. Even I know how to do it to my own cars. The worst security is factory because that means your alarm has a printable blueprint which with money can be easily obtained.

Talk to a trusted installer, get a whole stack of things installed, then go to another installer and get some extra things installed again so no one person knows everything except you. Learn to steal your own car and find its weakspots and reinforce those points.

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
actually i still think, if somebody wants ur car, they will get it... whatever we do can slow em down ... alarm with motion sensors etc all they are already aware...now they got signal jammers, things that can scan your security code for the car alarm and duplicate it etc etc... haihs...

i guess to slow em down... can get

1.secuirty tint
2.2 way alarm
3.steering quick release
4.pedal lock

all of this useless if? your car is towed away.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
actually i still think, if somebody wants ur car, they will get it... whatever we do can slow em down ... alarm with motion sensors etc all they are already aware...now they got signal jammers, things that can scan your security code for the car alarm and duplicate it etc etc... haihs...

i guess to slow em down... can get

1.secuirty tint
2.2 way alarm
3.steering quick release
4.pedal lock

all of this useless if? your car is towed away.
I think the 5th thing to get are the clamps...clamp our own car tyre...:frown:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Embed a hidden iphone 4S with locator finder switched on! :biggrin: then you'll ALWAYS know where your car is. Or wife is.... LOL

tiganasfx

Known Member
Dec 14, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Steering locks are useless just cut the steering wheel and remove the lock. The steering wheel is very easy to cut with a saw. Better to use a pedal lock.

Immobilizers may work but they can still tow away your car.

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
My bad, i did not realize he just join this month.

But based on my own experience, proton stock alarms..... well just say i disabled my friend's alarm in a few minutes (i am no pro but it was that easy.)

alarms and all is meant to "alarm" others. there is really no 100% guarantee that your car wun be stolen. Like said by someone.... tow your car away, apa macam?

Only things you can do is:
- make sure u dun use stock alarm.
- After the installation of aftermarket alarm, be sure to sendiri re-locate the alarm module.
- have a backup battery/power for the alarm module and siren (if possible)
- mechanical locks are best as no high tech scanner or whatever can assist them.

Rule of thumb:
- thieves wants to make it quick, so give them delay and they wun even bother.

Be alert if any car alarm nearby is trigger and check out the car. I am sure you would want someone to help you when your car alarm is triggered. If all tidak-apa attitude towards car alarm, i am sure the alarm will serve no purpose anymore as the thieves would know no one will bother.

Just a matter of civil mindness....

My honest thoughts.

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
whoahhhh! iphone 4s bai... hahahhahahaha...

get one cheap nokia bro...hide in the booth or roof or panel....then apply for the find me programme on digi...just send an sms can know location. this is a bit better... iphone 4s cost can buy proper gps tracking already sey... :D

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Let’s be honest shall we, we’ve all, at one time or another, wondered what a race car with no rulebook to reign it back would perform like. Luckily for us, renowned Formula One aerodynamicist Adrian Newey and the rest of the Red Bull Racing head honchos daydream too.

The end result would be the Red Bull X1, the brainchild of Newey, and being...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience