Car theft safety

johndoe

Known Member
May 8, 2005
Since everyone also wans to prevent car theft, whether is internal or external car accesorries.

Anybody can recommend a total solutions to it. Bear in mind that, we also wan to hv budget, pls provide any solution as long as the total expenses is less than rm1k.

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
well, i think the basic steering lock and also the gear lock works. Also, hide the alarm reset button for ur car as it is easy to hot wire ur car and reset the alarm if the switch is not hidden coz everyone knows where the alarm switch is.

Also for just a few ringgit you can add in a starter kill switch for it, kinda like a ON-OFF button for the main power of the car.

Get sensors like motion and shock sensors costing about RM100 each. CHeck out ebay for Viper sensors which are selling relatively cheaper there than in Malaysia. In Malaysia, the motion sensor for Viper sells for RM300, i bought mine at RM120 on ebay with courier.

Also, I bought my Viper 791XV 2 way alarm with remote start from US imported to M'sia for RM900, whereas it would cost RM2,700 (with installation) if u buy it here.

I believe that a Electronic Light (EL) display for Viper also helps deter car thieves as it makes the thieves think u have a sophisticated alarm system. The EL display cost only RM100 and it just works as a light flasher but it kinda gives the psychological effect to deter thieves.

Buy only HU that have detachable face plates.

johndoe

Known Member
May 8, 2005
even normal proton cars also got LED blinking near the steering wheel...

ezri

Known Member
Feb 2, 2005
its not ordinary led blinking..its kind a plate..

its the blue color, got image of viper brand alarm n blinking in blue color..

its can show the image of viper brand n everyone can know that the car protected by viper alarm..

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
yeah, LED just shows that u got a standard alarm ie easy to steal... Maybe something that looks more canggih would deter the thieves...

johndoe

Known Member
May 8, 2005
actually normal proton cars already install wif standard alarm, how would thief break in, since using force to get the car door open would trigger the alarm...

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
simple, they don't open the doors. The thieves usually break the little triangle window and the back doors of Proton Wiras. Breaking the window would not trigger the alarm. And if ur back window is not auto window, the reach in and wind down the window. Then they climb in thru the window to the driver's seat. They then hot wire you car and reset the alarm. Kow tim...!

johndoe

Known Member
May 8, 2005
trex92 said:
simple, they don't open the doors. The thieves usually break the little triangle window and the back doors of Proton Wiras. Breaking the window would not trigger the alarm. And if ur back window is not auto window, the reach in and wind down the window. Then they climb in thru the window to the driver's seat. They then hot wire you car and reset the alarm. Kow tim...!
then u put steering lock devices n car peddle lock, there's no where they can go...

theCypher

Known Member
Dec 9, 2003
i bought the baseball bat steering lock...looks pretty cheap but it's a real steel and very hard oso...can it be broken by car thieves??? i wonder how would they chop it?? i oso have the standard conceal gearlock from perodua..and i also lock the steering wheels by turning it until it locks...so will this 3 combination of locks will stop thieves from stealing my car?????? err plus the standard alarm :P

johndoe

Known Member
May 8, 2005
theCypher said:
i bought the baseball bat steering lock...looks pretty cheap but it's a real steel and very hard oso...can it be broken by car thieves??? i wonder how would they chop it?? i oso have the standard conceal gearlock from perodua..and i also lock the steering wheels by turning it until it locks...so will this 3 combination of locks will stop thieves from stealing my car?????? err plus the standard alarm :P
should be enough....if ur car is not stolen so far, it proves to be just as effective as those ppl installing alarm worth rm2k...

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
johndoe said:
should be enough....if ur car is not stolen so far, it proves to be just as effective as those ppl installing alarm worth rm2k...
car alarms also different purpose la. Car alarms can protect ur ICE and car interior besides preventing car thefts...

johndoe

Known Member
May 8, 2005
trex92 said:
car alarms also different purpose la. Car alarms can protect ur ICE and car interior besides preventing car thefts...

aaume u bought a car alarm for rm10k...i just need to break ur car glass take your ICE in less than 30 sec...

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
johndoe said:
aaume u bought a car alarm for rm10k...i just need to break ur car glass take your ICE in less than 30 sec...
johndoe, johndoe... tsk tsk tsk.... so i assume ur car dun put any alarm at all since that you imply that alarm no use at all?

It would seem that wat I have mentioned above all have gone to waste...

johndoe

Known Member
May 8, 2005
trex92 said:
johndoe, johndoe... tsk tsk tsk.... so i assume ur car dun put any alarm at all since that you imply that alarm no use at all?

It would seem that wat I have mentioned above all have gone to waste...
NO, I mean u dun need to install those rm2-3k alarm.
Just install an alrm better than the standard alarm offered..probably cost rm500. the rest just put wheel nuts, steering lock n peddle lock...is more than enough...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The self-styled world cup of motorsports, the A1GP, had a decent formula that could have seen it reach that status had the spec-racing series stuck around longer. It pitted national teams against each other with identical Ferrari-powered chassis on circuits all around the world. Nonetheless, financial turmoil never really left the series and it was liquidated at the end of the 2009 season.

Since the series...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience